✟25,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lambslove said:
What do you think of a pastor whose wife attends another church? Same denomination, other side of town. She takes the kids to that church and only visits her husband's church when it is having social events involving food, like a spaghetti supper or bake sale.
Since there are kids involved, does the church her husband pastor at have Good Children Programs compared to the church they do attend?

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
DawnTillery said:
Since there are kids involved, does the church her husband pastor at have Good Children Programs compared to the church they do attend?

About the same. The only significant difference between our church and hers is that ours is middle class and hers is upper-upper class.

Upvote 0

MbiaJc

Veteran
Jul 9, 2004
Bowdon, Ga.
✟2,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lambslove said:
No, I don't. I don't even think a man should take a pastorate position without the full consent and approval of his wife. I don't think God would call a man to the pastorate without letting the wife know, too. I know of several men that became pastors without the approval and support of their wives and I can honestly say that they are all failures as pastors.

God will not bless a pastorate of a man that doesn't accept his wife's counsel on such a life-altering event. It's not just the man's life that is changed by accepting a pastor position, it's the whole family and no man should be making important decisions like that without his wife's agreement.

:thumbsup: I agree with your thoughts, however with the situtation being discussed God did not ordain either one. The only ones God ordains to pastor are the Elders. When they are recognised and appointed to that position there won't be any of these problems, if the Church goes strictly by the qualifications when appointing a Elder to the office of Bishop. It has been said that not just the husband, but wife also goes with the apointment for there are requirments for her also.

Upvote 0

DawnTillery

Matthew 11:28
Aug 10, 2004
Michigan
✟25,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lambslove said:
About the same. The only significant difference between our church and hers is that ours is middle class and hers is upper-upper class.

Sorry to say - Sounds like to me you just answered your own question as to why.. :(

Upvote 0

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

WOW!!!!!!!!! Perhaps if his church was like inner-city and the ministry dealt with prostitutes, drug addicts, etc., she would want to take the kids elsewhere! Really hard for any one of us to say because we don't know the full story!

Upvote 0

novcncy

Apr 14, 2005
✟1,143.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know my Pastor is adamant about having his wife with him at all times. He wouldn't be caught dead with another lady unless his wife was in the room. Pastors have to be very careful about these things, not only because of what might ACTUALLY happen, but also because of what might be SUGGESTED to happen. Avoid the appearance of evil, etc. etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.