Pastor Wants LGBTQ 'Indoctrinators' Executed for Treason

Do you believe this is a reasonable and rational response?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟317,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Stuff like drag queen story hour. I don't know how anyone could claim to be Christian and support that.

Thankfully most don't
I fail to see how a man in a dress and makeup reading a book qualifies as "sexually charged content".

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The way I hear it from the Christians I know, the Old Testament rules except for the Ten Commandments were basically thrown out when Jesus came along, as Jesus formed a new contract with humanity. (But Paul had a thing against homosexuals, so that stuck.)
There's pretty solid exegenesis that Paul on a couple of occasions at least was NOT referring to just straight up "homosexual attraction". There are queer biblical scholars who make some very interesting arguments that rely on taking the cultural context that the bible was written during, into consideration.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Left handedness ABSOLUTELY deserves a mention as a PERFECT analogy.

Isn't it interesting that as they stopped beating children using their left hand (happenned to my mom in elementary school...beat it out of her) lefthandedeness became more common.

THERES the sign of moral decay.

The reason I knew about it was my father faced issues even into the 20th century simply because he was left handed. I've never understood the sects of Christianity which require conformity to an unrealistic standard. From what I have read of Jesus his whole idea was to meet people where they are and try to make life better through acceptance.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Pro-Trump pastor wants LGBTQ "indoctrinators" executed for treason

Personally, I find this pretty abhorrent. But that's just me.

For the purposes of the poll, please consider this:

...said earlier this week that parents and teachers who communicate with children about LGBTQ issues pose a "national security threat" to the United States and added that those found guilty of "treason" should be executed.

As a follow up question:
Do you believe that killing these parents and teachers will be BENEFICIAL for America and American Society?

End EDIT:
MAN I wish people who didn't like LGBTQ actually knew what the word "grooming" meant. It's really sad arguing a word with people who don't understand but gets piped into their house by FOX.
Seems like? FOX didn't censor the pastor's message. Which aligns with practicing what they stand for. Who else but republicans will watch FOX news and need to make up their minds about who NOT to vote for in the GOP.

"Burns is currently running for Congress in South Carolina's 4th District against three other Republicans."

However..

The author of the article is Meghan Roos and her bias is rather clear about anything Trump. So now I have to wonder how much of her article is actually true? Her writing doesn't quote much if anything to go by. I'm not sure why because it's easy enough to quote something substantive from her:

Meghan Roos’s Profile | Newsweek Journalist | Muck Rack

In the link above she is associating "Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Associate Justice Clarence Thomas, was acting as former President Donald Trump's "henchwoman" in the weeks following the 2020 presidential election, according to MSNBC contributor and The Washington Post reporter Carol Leonnig. Leonnig appeared on MSNBC on Friday to discuss new reporting from her paper about Thomas' alleged assistance to the former president in the wake of the 2020 election." with scary quote marks.

Since I haven't even heard of this guy and she neglects quoting anything but a few short words it leads me to believe she is either withholding information for political purposes or she is unable to express herself short of blind emotional attachment to her causes.

• Informative
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I fail to see how a man in a dress and makeup reading a book qualifies as "sexually charged content".

Different people get "sexually charged" by different things, I suppose.

And yet -- and in complete opposition to the teachings of Jesus Himself -- it's somehow the Drag Queens' fault if other people get "sexually charged."

Go figure.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The reason I knew about it was my father faced issues even into the 20th century simply because he was left handed. I've never understood the sects of Christianity which require conformity to an unrealistic standard. From what I have read of Jesus his whole idea was to meet people where they are and try to make life better through acceptance.

Jesus was accepting; the Church has its own agenda -- social control

Step 1. Set nigh-impossible standards.
Step 2. Watch people fail.
Step 3. Offer "forgiveness" for past failures in exchange for future obedience.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That is certainly a chunk of it. Show love to people; with special attention to the most vulnerable.
Christianity is always supposed to be about humility, both before God and our fellow man.
American Christianity does not always have that flavour stirred through so much.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Seems like? FOX didn't censor the pastor's message. Which aligns with practicing what they stand for. Who else but republicans will watch FOX news and need to make up their minds about who NOT to vote for in the GOP.

"Burns is currently running for Congress in South Carolina's 4th District against three other Republicans."

However..

The author of the article is Meghan Roos and her bias is rather clear about anything Trump. So now I have to wonder how much of her article is actually true? Her writing doesn't quote much if anything to go by. I'm not sure why because it's easy enough to quote something substantive from her:

Meghan Roos’s Profile | Newsweek Journalist | Muck Rack

In the link above she is associating "Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Associate Justice Clarence Thomas, was acting as former President Donald Trump's "henchwoman" in the weeks following the 2020 presidential election, according to MSNBC contributor and The Washington Post reporter Carol Leonnig. Leonnig appeared on MSNBC on Friday to discuss new reporting from her paper about Thomas' alleged assistance to the former president in the wake of the 2020 election." with scary quote marks.

Since I haven't even heard of this guy and she neglects quoting anything but a few short words it leads me to believe she is either withholding information for political purposes or she is unable to express herself short of blind emotional attachment to her causes.
Hers are direct quotes from interviews he's done. I wasn't looking for a response to the whole article but his explicit message.

And FOX news ABSOLUTELY does censor. Of COURSE they do. Of COURSE.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Pro-Trump pastor wants LGBTQ "indoctrinators" executed for treason

Personally, I find this pretty abhorrent. But that's just me.

For the purposes of the poll, please consider this:

...said earlier this week that parents and teachers who communicate with children about LGBTQ issues pose a "national security threat" to the United States and added that those found guilty of "treason" should be executed.

As a follow up question:
Do you believe that killing these parents and teachers will be BENEFICIAL for America and American Society?

End EDIT:
MAN I wish people who didn't like LGBTQ actually knew what the word "grooming" meant. It's really sad arguing a word with people who don't understand but gets piped into their house by FOX.

It's far more likely there's grooming going on in your local church by your local pastor, frankly.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
It's the same lie that the Christian right has been spouting for decades. It's even more ridiculous now that alot more people know gay people that are out.

• Winner
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes.

The overwhelming majority of Christians oppose homosexual practices (because, quite frankly, the Bible is unambiguous in its condemnation of homosexual acts as well as adultery and fornication and a fair number of other ‘sins’).

Very few of those Christians advocate for the killing of sinners, making those that do “the fringe” (by definition).
Millions of dollars are raised every year by ministries that lobby for laws in 3rd world countries calling for imprisonment and torture.

Americans for Truth has suggested that homosexuals have their faces branded, as in a cattle brand.

The Family Research Council submitted a massive proposal to the government calling for the construction of 90 to 110 "interment centers" It was proposed that the cost of maintaining these centers could be offset by selling tickets to people to come watch homosexuals be tortured, mutilated and executed.

When 56 people were gunned down in a Florida gay nightclub there were people cheering the news.

There are people who praise Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson as heroes for the murder of Matt Shepherd.

This kind of thinking isn't as fring as you would like to beleive it is

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Okay
You expect us to shut him up? And how do we do that?

He's totally wrong. They are a nationalsecurity problem? What? They are a moral problem. But I don't recall Jesus or any of the apostles calling for the death of any sinner.

He's WRONG! In more ways than one.

But seriously the world is full of nuts.
they arn't a problem. Hatred of LGBT's is a problem and a moral problem at that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Americans for Truth has suggested that homosexuals have their faces branded, as in a cattle brand.
This particular “non-profit” raised about $100,000 in a year. Assuming only $1 per member (to maximize the number of members) that equates to an organization representing less than 100,000 people in a country of 300 million people. That calculates out to less than 0.03% of the population.

Contrast that with the PCUSA with 3.1 million members (about 1% of the population) that allows the ordination of Gay clergy and is very supportive of the LBGQT community.

I will stand by my description of the most extreme (less than) 0.03% of a population as “fringe”.

• Winner
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Okay
You expect us to shut him up? And how do we do that?
Well, little things like petitioning your news sources by saying "this is making 'us' look insane. Please stop giving this guy a platform".

He's totally wrong. They are a nationalsecurity problem? What? They are a moral problem. But I don't recall Jesus or any of the apostles calling for the death of any sinner.
Jesus: Good point. Moral problem.....disagree but...one step at a time.

He's WRONG! In more ways than one.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I saw a great quote about this, "you think gays are trying to force people to change their sexual orientation, how horrible would a person like that be."
Too subtle, many will miss it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

When a man dresses in drag, he is making an explicit sexual overture.

When a man dresses in drag, it is an expression of his sexuality. Case in point: gay pride parades, where gay people express their sexuality by dressing in drag.

I just don't think children need to be exposed to that sort of thing.

If that puts me in the minority, so be it.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.