Pastor supporting Trayvon Martin defends church sign calling Zimmerman jury racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No, the one who stood her ground against an abusive husband.

How about some facts rather than blown up fiction?

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

In August 2011, a judge rejected a motion by Alexander's attorney to grant her immunity under the "Stand your Ground" law. According to the judge's order, "there is insufficient evidence that the Defendant reasonably believed deadly force was needed to prevent death or great bodily harm to herself," and that the fact that she came back into the home, instead of leaving out the front or back door "is inconsistent with a person who is in genuine fear for her life."

Also...note that this woman had a chance to plead out of the felony for only 3 years. She refused.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I wish people would actually get facts before posting. The black woman left the house, went to her vehicle and retrieved a gun. She then went back into the house and fired warning shots (aka: bad aim) in a room with children present. I understand that the 20 years sentence she received is out of whack, but she is not innocent, and I don't care if she's black or white or whatever color, what she did was stupid and it put her, and more importantly her children at risk. Dumb Dumb DUMB.
Have you ever been in danger of your life from an abusive husband? I don't know what I would do in that situation. I might grab a gun to make sure he didn't hurt the kids. No, it's not a perfect response, but neither is following a young man for no other reason than he is black, against the advice of the police. One got off, one got 20 years. Huh.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's amazing to me that some white people expect all black people to forget all about racism - even though they are blatantly treated differently because of their race. Good for the pastor. He's standing up for what he believes in. That's what people are supposed to do.

I agree with you 100%. People act as though sexism and racism are not a part of the mold that created America. The fact is that a black woman fired a warning shot at her abusive husband and she received 20 years. George Zimmerman was freed because he is a man and a was not perceived as a threat based on his appearance.

Oh my goodness. Seeing all of the Zimmerman v Martin threads, and the way *ahem* Christians treat a dead teenager, and support the person that killed him despite the fact that we only have the shooter's testimony, I was beginning to believe the falling away had almost completed.

Yes, people forget that America was founded by the swindling of natives (buying Manhattan for beads when the natives realized the earth cant be sold,) murder, rape, pillaging and racism. America essentially skipped hundreds of years of infrastructural advancement by using slaves. Slaves literally built the nation - "Colonel Sanders" did not. Leaving out the egrigious things slaves had to endure (strange fruit anyone,) they were lied to after getting their "freedom" - 40 acres and a mule. And, as time went on, the racism was woven into institutional artifacts. Property taxes, interest rate hikes for minorities, white flight, Jim Crow, segregation, the 1921 bombing of Tulsa, OK - known as "Black Wallstreet," the prisons, petty crime quota pressure, and it goes on.

People, for some reason believe that racism was this one-time incident that happened "10,000 years ago." It is happening today. Just because someone says "I have never seen someone..." doesn't mean anything to the hundreds of thousands of minorities in prison wrongly, or the average minority male/female walking down the street. For them, they wake up trying to find a way to survive another day because they know what kind of racist country the States can be. And, they also realize the racism is institutionalized, that most non-minorities are incredibly ignorant of this, and that the prejudice people express is passive aggressive.

Nothing angers/frustrates a minority male/female more than one person dismissing what they go through because that one person claims to never have seen what the minority has seen - as if that one person has interacted with all 315,000,000 people in the States as a minority. It would be like me, a male, saying "I have never seen inappropriate workplace sexism toward women," having only worked in one workplace, and having interacted with at most 100 people in the workplace. The racism or sexism isn't the issue: it is the dismissal and ignorance people have toward it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Also...note that this woman had a chance to plead out of the felony for only 3 years. She refused.
She refused because she didn't believe she should have been charged. She believes in her innocence, and I believe in her innocence too.

I already read the news reports. I know about this case. There's no "blown up fiction". She protected herself and her family. She stood her ground.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One thread, 7 pages, against how many GZ threads?

Riiiight a woman is beaten and strangled and leaves the kid grabs her gun and fires a shot she stood her ground....there was even a history of abuse.

Lol what? No such thing as racism?? Riiiight.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
13089389-large.jpg

13089415-large.jpg

"I put them up yesterday after church," Jordan said. "I’m crushed by that racist verdict down in Florida. You can kill an African American and you will walk down in Florida."

In looking at the pictures, does that mean that it is ok to rape a black women?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
They love him a man that killed a child(oh no he's not a child and recently I'm more open towards feminism for the way they have stood and marched with my people and cried with us. Someone on this forum said that Trayvon deserved to die and they were happy. It's people like that I can't stand, if Zimmerman was innocent or guilty that's opinion he deserved to die is hate.

No one is standing up for this woman that defended herself and let off a warning shot....where is her lawyer funds?

In this country blacks look out for blacks

Really??

Grim Cycle: Black Men Killing Black Men - WSJ.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In looking at the pictures, does that mean that it is ok to rape a black women?

In a lot of people's minds: absolutely. In your mind, maybe not.

They certainly thought it was OK between 1660 - 1880 in the colonies/states, and I have heard scores of people justify not only rape, but murder and beating of minority women - especially black women. So, while I understand your Platonic attempt to point out possible logical flaws in the pictures, it really isn't far-fetched at all even in 2013 America.

Upvote 0
O

OathKeeper99

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

The only facts are; some people like to interject another incident that involves gun laws in Florida that have nothing to do with this case.

They are really protesting against gun laws where if you use a gun in an attempt to threaten a life.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

What is your point that there are more black men that kill black men, there are more white men that kill white men???? There are more black men that sell drugs to black men there are more white men that sell drugs to white men.

What does that have to do with the fact that as a black man if I am killed there is a higher chance that said person get's less time then if I was white, is that not a fact?

What are you talking about?

Upvote 0
O

OathKeeper99

In a lot of people's minds: absolutely. In your mind, maybe not.

They certainly thought it was OK between 1660 - 1880 in the colonies/states, and I have heard scores of people justify not only rape, but murder and beating of minority women - especially black women. So, while I understand your Platonic attempt to point out possible logical flaws in the pictures, it really isn't far-fetched at all even in 2013 America.
Who is they? Men? ;)

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever been in danger of your life from an abusive husband? I don't know what I would do in that situation. I might grab a gun to make sure he didn't hurt the kids. No, it's not a perfect response, but neither is following a young man for no other reason than he is black, against the advice of the police. One got off, one got 20 years. Huh.

Yes, I have. It's the reason I divorced my first husband, and the reason why my life was a living hell for years after it. I DO know what I would do in that situation because I've been in it. I came home with my son to grab some of our things after filing for divorce to find my husband smashing our son's first birthday cake to smithereens. He tried to bar us from leaving the apartment, threatening to kill both me and our son. The phone rang, which startled him, and I grabbed my son and ran out of the door. I had a gun in my car, too. Guess what I didn't do?

I DO know what I would do in that situation, and it is NOT to run out and get a gun and shoot at the guy when my kids are in the room. Right, it wasn't the perfect response, it was the dumbest response. If she was able to go to her car and go back in the house, she was able to get her kid and just LEAVE.

You have no idea why Zimmerman chose to follow Trayvon, other than he was acting suspicious. For all you know, Zimmerman didn't even know he was black right off the bat.

Where you cultivate racism, it will continue to grow and fester.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It's amazing to me that some white people expect all black people to forget all about racism - even though they are blatantly treated differently because of their race. Good for the pastor. He's standing up for what he believes in. That's what people are supposed to do.

What does that have to do with a pastor using his position to make what is likely a false statement? If I were an elder at this church I'd tell him to take that down or face discipline.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Who is they? Men? ;)

Generally men were/are the ones who raped people. But, women can rape people also (men and women.) A biblical example of attempted rape of a man by a woman would be the incident between Joseph as a slave, and the Potiphar's wife. During slavery, black women and men were raped by men and women.

Why are you winking?

Upvote 0
O

OathKeeper99

What is your point that there are more black men that kill black men, there are more white men that kill white men???? There are more black men that sell drugs to black men there are more white men that sell drugs to white men.

What does that have to do with the fact that as a black man if I am killed there is a higher chance that said person get's less time then if I was white, is that not a fact?

Do to statistics, there are more young black men falling into crime, statistically as a race.

There are murders of black and white kids everyday and Trayvon, who attacked someone is given all the attention.

I really wish somehow Sabrina Fulton could watch Pastor Mannings video, he is correct in saying that Sabrina Fulton has the nation at her so called 'fingertips' and she could go down in history if she only chooses to do what is right.

I hope she doesn't waste this moment of time. :wave:

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

You said black people take care of each other.

You're right, they do, just not in the way you were trying to imply.

You get all up in arms over a hispanic killing a black kid but you ignore the multitude of deaths your own race causes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.