Pastor Steven Anderson

Jun 3, 2016
USA
✟7,662.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this man, but he's an extremely anti-gay KJV-only pastor who believes in the death penalty for homosexuals in Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:18-32, and that they cannot be saved due to their "reprobate minds". He's also cited Jeremiah 16 for his justification for not mourning the people in the shooting in Orlando.

Regretfully, it was this man who made me lose my faith, and caused me so much depression.

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
His voicepoints aren't biblical, because we are called to pray, and love out enemies. And be the light in the World.

A) He could be truly unregenerated (not saved), without the Holy Spirit, given upon being saved, it is not possible to please God or walk with Him
B) If he is saved, he is still a sinner, until we are with Christ, we will be fallen and sinful. Once we are fully glorified we will be without sin.

You can not allow Pastor Anderson or anyone else come between your relationship with God. We will all be alone before the throne room of God and will have to give an account for our life.

No other religion offers payment of sins, and eternal life in such a way as Christianity. God himself becoming a man, living a sinless life taking upon our sins, and dieing on the cross and substitutiing his sinless life in exchange for our sins, in order to to pay for our sins and to give us eternal life and forgiveness.

Life is not easy, but we have hope and can trust in what Christ did for us, so that we might be saved and have eternal life.

Upvote 0
Jun 3, 2016
USA
✟7,662.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
His voicepoints aren't biblical, because we are called to pray, and love out enemies. And be the light in the World.

A) He could be truly unregenerated (not saved), without the Holy Spirit, given upon being saved, it is not possible to please God or walk with Him
B) If he is saved, he is still a sinner, until we are with Christ, we will be fallen and sinful. Once we are fully glorified we will be without sin.

You can not allow Pastor Anderson or anyone else come between your relationship with God. We will all be alone before the throne room of God and will have to give an account for our life.

No other religion offers payment of sins, and eternal life in such a way as Christianity. God himself becoming a man, living a sinless life taking upon our sins, and dieing on the cross and substitutiing his sinless life in exchange for our sins, in order to to pay for our sins and to give us eternal life and forgiveness.

Life is not easy, but we have hope and can trust in what Christ did for us, so that we might be saved and have eternal life.

As much as I would like to believe, I can't.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this man, but he's an extremely anti-gay KJV-only pastor who believes in the death penalty for homosexuals in Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:18-32, and that they cannot be saved due to their "reprobate minds". He's also cited Jeremiah 16 for his justification for not mourning the people in the shooting in Orlando.

Regretfully, it was this man who made me lose my faith, and caused me so much depression.
I guess I dont see how a "man" could make you lose your faith in God. He is, after all, just a man with absolutely no power over you (least ways he should not have power over you). Maybe you can provide a deeper explanation of it......

Upvote 0
Jun 3, 2016
USA
✟7,662.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
I guess I dont see how a "man" could make you lose your faith in God. He is, after all, just a man with absolutely no power over you (least ways he should not have power over you). Maybe you can provide a deeper explanation of it......

It's a really long and complicated story, but I guess I'll tell you.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you can provide a deeper explanation of it
The explanation is that people are being taught to not take responsibility for themselves. Someone else is always to blame. Adam blamed Eve and Eve blamed the Serpent.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Getting back to the OP, I went to Anderson's site and copied the church's doctrinal statement (bolding in the original):
  • We believe that the King James Bible is the word of God without error.
WRONG
  • We believe that salvation is by grace through faith. Being born again by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is the only requirement for salvation.
Right
  • We believe in the eternal security of the believer (once saved, always saved).
Right
  • We believe that the unsaved will spend eternity in torment in a literal hell.
Right
  • We believe that Jesus is God, and that Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the virgin Mary.
Right
  • We believe only in the local church and not in a universal church.
WRONG
  • We reject the teaching of Calvinism and believe that God wants everyone to be saved.
Debatable
  • We believe that the rapture will take place after the tribulation but before God pours out his wrath on this earth. We reject dispensationalism.
WRONG
  • We believe that life begins at conception (fertilization) and reject all forms of abortion including surgical abortion, "morning-after" pills, IVF (In Vitro Fertilization), birth control pills, and all other processes that end life after conception.
Mostly right
  • We believe that homosexuality is a sin and an abomination which God punishes with the death penalty.
Note the wording: "God punishes with the death penalty", i.e., it's not up to us
  • We oppose worldliness, modernism, formalism, and liberalism.
Mostly right

Given the number of "wrong"s, it's not a church I would go to, nor would I support the pastor. But I find it unfortunate that his view has been misrepresented when it comes to homosexuals.

Reactions: Leevo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BadHabit

Does not play well with others
Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

I appreciate your contribution to the thread, but to me, a YouTube video is not a valid source of information to back up a claim or opinion. It won't change my feelings towards Pastor Anderson nor his teachings. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate your contribution to the thread, but to me, a YouTube video is not a valid source of information to back up a claim or opinion.
The guy himself is in the video.

Upvote 0

BadHabit

Does not play well with others
Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The guy himself is in the video.

Yes, I can see that. You and I are not going to agree on this topic. I'm perfectly okay with that. Perhaps someone else will come along today to debate with you, but I have stated my position and feel no need to defend it. I have said all I care to on this topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pastor Anderson is dead wrong on homosexuals cannot be saved. He intentionally skews Romans 1 and the judgment on Gog and Magog to mean specifically about the gays. Ezekiel 16:48-50 Not only does the bible says he's wrong, there have been homosexuals out there that have turned to the Lord to be saved.

That said, the Independent Baptist Church are just another part of the Christian body that have it's faults, but fundamentally have faith in Jesus Christ, and for the most part are scripturally sound.

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If a man made you lose your faith, then one should wonder exactly what your faith was in, in the first place.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

d6bd3a_f7e1ee1e4f2440ba8468d6ce356780c3.jpg_256

This thread has gone through a thorough clean up of way off topic posts. If you have a question regarding something other than the topic in the thread - make a new thread please instead of derailing the current thread.

Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic

Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

Also, it was very mild, but I did see some flaming going around, so....

Flaming and Goading

Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not personally attack other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad.
Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button

I did see at least two posts that were such a great example of how to not flame anyone on getting a point across for someone to understand, good on you two for that! Unfortunately, I did have to clean those up too because it was off topic - but it didn't go unnoticed! :angel:

:dizzysymbol:Please continue with the topic at hand.:dizzysymbol:

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I listened to one of his sermons and he is the type why i dislike the autonomousness of Baptist churches. I personally would fear for my life by standing up a dissenting and calling him a disgrace to the church. His henchmen, I mean laypeople, would probably kill me. He talked about the LGBT community in such hate filled violent terms. He should have his church taken away from him. There should be an outcry from the Baptist community to have him removed or to change his church name from Baptist.

It isn't for me to convince you to believe. I'm not sure how you came across him or for involved with him. There is no way he survive a debate without turning this into the USA is Israel 2.0. He doesn't have love in his heart. Its filled with hate and a fan base of hate. Just listening to his sermon he takes it Jeremiah out of context. He claimed his sermon was coincidently about issues relating to modern issues, but I 100% believe, my opinion, he knew what he was doing when he started the series. He gave no background to the issues in Israel. He made no attempt to speak of the issues in Israel that brought Israel to this issue. He gave no loving attitude regarding his words. He defended himself by saying pastors of 100 years ago would defend him. Its quite possible. But that would only be because he is using pastors who turned the US into Israel 2.0. This is the biggest farce to hit America. They play on patriotism. The stopped trusting Scripture.

So did you. There is mercy in Scripture. There is hope. There is forgiveness of sins. There is blood dripped from the body of Jesus to pay a price no one could do it accomplish on their own. Christians all around have issues. Many hide them because Christians are taught salvation then after salvation to focus on deeds as if they are saved by their actions. It's a word semantic game.

There is hope in Christ. There is no hope in the words of Steven Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0