• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Pastor Invokes 'Curse of God' On Election Stealers

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Occams Barber, Jan 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+3,906
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    [​IMG]

Pastor Condemned for Invoking 'Curse of God' On Those Who Defeated Donald Trump (msn.com)

Pastor Condemned for Invoking 'Curse of God' On Those Who Defeated Donald Trump

A Kentucky pastor has been condemned for invoking the "curse of God" upon the people he believes "stole" the presidential election.

A pastor at the Evangel World Prayer Center in Louisville has gone viral after he called to curse on those who he says have stolen the election.

Bob Rodgers of the Evangel World Prayer Center in Louisville delivered the prayer during a Sunday church service.

"Father, those that have lied, those that have stolen this election, those that have cheated, I place the curse of God upon them," Rodgers said during the televised service, as reported by WDRB. "I curse you with weakness in your body. I curse you with poverty. I curse you with the worst year you've ever had in the name of the Lord”.

The service was streamed live to the church's YouTube account and other social media pages, but has been taken down following condemnation from other faith leaders and members of the community.

"It was pretty disturbing stuff, promoting a narrative that's not true," said Reverend Damian Thompson of Emmanuel Baptist Church. "That's false in our country and undermining the overall effects and using Christianity to do that."

Pastor Mario Martin of Praise Nation Contemporary Church said it was unsettling, disrespectful and "downright shameful" to be invoking curses. "To spew this kind of hate and evil in the name of God, that's a whole other level of disrespect to Jesus," Martin told WHAS.

Pastor Tim Findley of Kingdom Fellowship also rebuked Rodgers, calling his behavior "foolish" and "dangerous."

Rodgers is standing by his words, however, claiming his prayers are intended to heal the nation.

"This is a prayer not to curse people but to curse the demonic forces that people have allowed to rule them, that would harm a nation," he said. "I do pray that trouble will come to them if they don't repent and that they will turn from their wicked ways."

"This is praying for a nation that Satan is trying to destroy," Rodgers told WDRB in a separate interview. "And Satan is using people, and God gives us great power and authority, and I'm using that power and authority in Jesus' name."

Rodgers clarified that his prayer was not aimed at voters, but at the nation's politicians.

"Regardless of those leaders, if they are corrupt, if they are doing evil, that it would be exposed and they would get out of office," he said. "That's what you do when you vote against them. You vote against them, I pray against them. It's the same thing."

Newsweek has contacted the Evangel World Prayer Center in Louisville for comment.

OB

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,924
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Unlike said pastor or any of the rest of us, any mortal man, God actually sees all, perfectly, with clear eyes always, and nothing can be hidden from Him.

A real 'fear of the Lord' (fear of doing wrongs in front of Him) should instead...keep us from putting our faith and trust in a man --
    Jeremiah 17:5 This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind, who makes the flesh his strength and turns his heart from the LORD.

It should keep us from trusting so much in any one politician, and just believing whatever they say or claim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+2,982
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I mean. It's Kentucky.

4. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+9,127
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Sure didnt take long for imprecatory prayer and the like to come back.

5. Nithavela

Nithavela Inexplicably high, inexplicably low

+13,592
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
  6. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,196
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    When I first saw the thread I thought it would be condemning Trump. Silly me.

7. Desk trauma

+9,127
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
  8. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,544
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Placing a curse on someone does not seem like something that a Christian would do.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  9. Rene Loup

Rene Loup Saved Wolf Among Sheep

+296
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    While I cannot know his heart nor his true intentions, Scripture clearly reveals God's response to anyone attempting to get Him to serve our own selfish ambitions. It more or less boils down to, "I don't think so. Homie don't play that."[1] To God, we are all immature children who see a clown instead of someone who clearly should NOT be messed with.

In fact, Scripture ALSO has some interesting things to say about those who preach a different gospel than the true one we have...[2]

...And I will finish this post and topic by stating a lesson my mentor reminds me on a regular basis: "Get your head out of your butt and realize that it is NOT about you, it is about God!"

1. Acts 8:9-25, 12:18-24, Gen. 11:1-9, James 3:1-18, 2 Pet. 2:1-22, 1 Tim. 6:1-10, 2 Tim. 4:1-8, 2 Tim. 3:1-17, and much, MUCH more...
    2. 2 Cor. 11:1-15, Gal. 1:6-10, Rev. 20:11-15, 22:18-20

10. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+2,982
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Agreed, I think it's hilarious.

11. Desk trauma

+9,127
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Imagine how silly it looks to atheists.

12. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+18,605
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I didn’t know Christians could call down curses. Is that in the Nicean Creed or is that from Game of Thrones?

13. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,053
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Woah.... thats shockingly unChristian behavior...

14. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,053
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Well I went to this churches Facebook page because this Pastor needs a Scriptural response but you can't just make a comment on their page (unless it's in reply to one of their posts) so I'm off to see about email next...

Man this is just... wrong... on so many levels!

15. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+7,888
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    No harm..... because no one stole the darn election.

Evil intent noted, tho.

16. Guinan

Guinan Live long and prosper.

+780
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Whatever happened to "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." Whatever happened to "Love your neighbor as yourself."?

17. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid Triangulating THE WAY out of the void! Supporter

+6,781
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    ... I didn't even know Christians had the power and authority to place curses on others. :dontcare:

I learn something every day!

18. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+5,650
    Christian
    Married
  19. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,916
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Saw the video, also disturbing was all those standing in agreement with him.

20. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+18,605
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Amen.