St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If they are members of the congregation it's kind of unavoidable. What I do, however, is I never start a private message with anyone of the opposite sex unless my wife is also added to the conversation, and visa versa.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Many are members of the congregation and also there are others who are not members of the congregation
Many times people just accept any friend request. I don’t think it is indicating anything by being Facebook Friends. I concur with the other posts above regarding private conversations.

Also, welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,
I just want to know if it’s normal for a married pastor to have and to add many single and attractive female friends in his Facebook friends list?
Facebook is nothing and many guys get lots of friend requests and just accept them all not being rude. I have accepted a few females names that sounded familiar and they were really like chat profiles I deleted. Virtual friends on Facebook is nothing unless there is a lot of interaction going on. If he was up to something he would hide his friends list so the fact it is open is good.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,
I just want to know if it’s normal for a married pastor to have and to add many single and attractive female friends in his Facebook friends list?

I have no clue who your talking about.. I am married so having many single and attractive females.. I don't see the problem. We meet so many people in this life and in talking sharing preaching. Now meeting them one on one.. would for me be wrong...or not wise. Saying all that.. I got rid of my facebook page a while ago ;)

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,465.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As a minister, I treat Facebook as an extension of my workplace. That is, I don't say anything on FB that I wouldn't say in front of my congregation members or my bishop.

I accept most friend requests if I at least know who the person is, because I figure it's part of ministry networking, and I don't turn down friend requests just because they're men (or single or good looking).

That said, I don't typically go looking for new FB friends, so maybe it'd be a bit odd if he was specifically making friend requests of a particular kind of person?

• Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Depend on whether they are people in his church or just randoms that he does not know personally. HOwever some people, especially people in ministry just friend anyone who reaches out to them, so they can minister to them.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Why are you asking?
How do you know this information?

Wouldn't the simplist thing be to ask him?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

It's human, that's for sure. Appropriate, though? Nope. I would have very serious concerns about any pastor who was doing as you say here. It shows a serious lack of wisdom and, honestly, great disrespect for his wife.

topher694 is right on in his comment to this thread.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I don't think there is anything wrong with setting boundaries for social media. It would be up to the pastor and his wife in setting these.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Many are members of the congregation and also there are others who are not members of the congregation
How many are former members of the congregation or members of a former congregation or fellowship that he was associated with? People move around.

More importantly, is there anything off about the interactions themselves?

Upvote 0