Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everything that anyone ever wanted to know about Preterism but was afraid to ask.....

Brian Schwertley: Full Preterism Refuted, Chapter One (2008) - The Preterist Archive of Realized Eschatology

Brian Schwertley: Full Preterism Refuted, Chapter One (2008)

We do not want to give the impression that the two resurrections are not connected in any way. The first resurrection which is spiritual results in the second, physical resurrection unto glory.

Jarrod Drawbaugh: Reflections of a Former Full Preterist, Part 12 – Three Things That Led me Out of Full Preterism (2019)

J. Parnell McCarter: A Critique of Full Preterism and a Defense of Historicistic Post-Millennialism (2000)
those who deny historicistic post-millennialism and advocate against it, should be excommunicated in order to work repentance in them. There are at least two reasons this issue matters and should be subject to excommunication
=========================
The Preterist Archive of Realized Eschatology

JERUSALEM DESTROYED

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Douglas Wilson – The Preterist Archive of Realized Eschatology

Doug Wilson: Ask Doug: When You Have a Preterist Hammer… (2010 Video)

In this Ask Doug segment, Pastor Wilson responds to the question: “Could you give your thoughts on the temptation for someone who has come to a preterist view to be pulled towards hyper/full preterism and why you haven’t gone there?” Continue reading
==========================
======================
Since full preterism can't be discussed on this board, there are threads on full preterism on the CCT board....

Partial Preterism, Full Preterism vs Hyper Preterism
On another thread, there was this link mentioning F P vs H P.
I have never heard much of H P
Discuss.......

Christ, Israel, and the fall of Jerusalem

Discussion on Consistent Preterism and the Impact of AD70 as the Terminal Date (2015)

I think we need to distinguish between full preterism and hyper-preterism.
Full preterism is an optimistic eschatology.
Don’t think I can say the same thing about hyper-preterism, which has led some right out of Christianity

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Doug Wilson did mention - in that video - that the problem with full preterism is mostly the lack of belief in a future resurrection. I agree. Christ's physical bodily resurrection is the foundation of our faith - our hope - as Paul wrote:

1 Corinthians 15:14 ~ And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0