Virginia
✟15,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am having difficulty deciding the right thing to do. I am now a Christian and I love serving God. However, there was once a time in my past that I done things I am embarrassed of. Things I wish I could take back. I recently started dating a guy who is a newer Christian as well. He has been married before and has a son. We are doing very well together. I am worried that something from my past is going to cause us trouble. Back in my dark days, I slept with one of his friends from high school. I did not know my current boyfriend at the time. He was also married at the time this happened. I feel guilty about it and I am worried that it will get back to him so I thought it was something I should mention to him. We’ve both admitted we’ve had a past and done things we don’t like to think about or mention. I’ve been praying and praying about it, but I still seem confused. Can you guide me on the Christian thing to do?

• Prayers
Reactions: paul1149

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think the two of you have done well in admitting that you "had a past". Depending on the seriousness of the relationship at this point, that general statement may well be enough for now. You don't owe anyone details about yourself until you're about to enter a more committed and intimate level of relationship. Read the book of James, chapter 3, for the characteristics of God's wisdom. You should have peace about whatever course you decide to take.

Upvote 0