Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are no past (the) Antichrists. There is only one "the" Antichrist. And to become "the" Antichrist the person has to become the King of Israel, in place of Jesus the rightful King of Israel.

Adolph Hitler was a ruthless and perhaps the worst ever persecutor of the Jews, but never was a contender for being the Antichrist because Israel the nation was not in existence for one thing. And the Jews never embraced him as their king - before he betrays them.

People back then many thought that Adolph Hitler was the Antichrist - mainly because their understanding of the Antichrist was limited to him being the most evil person ever, dictator.

And for the most part, even today the widespread understanding of the Antichrist is still a misconception, not because the person will become the ruthless dictator, but because people don't realize that the person has to become the king of Israel first (the Antichrist) - before he transforms and reveals himself to be the man of sin, then the beast of Revelation.

The Antichrist = King of Israel, (anti) instead of Jesus the rightful Christ, King of Israel.

You should change your research paper to persons "thought to be" the Antichrist. "thought to be" because the persons doing the thinking at those times did not have a full understanding of "the'' Antichrist.

I think Mussolini was also thought to be the Antichrist by some back then. And of course a number of Popes. And Nero.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are no past (the) Antichrists. There is only one "the" Antichrist. And to become "the" Antichrist the person has to become the King of Israel, in place of Jesus the rightful King of Israel.

Adolph Hitler was a ruthless and perhaps the worst ever persecutor of the Jews, but never was a contender for being the Antichrist because Israel the nation was not in existence for one thing. And the Jews never embraced him as their king - before he betrays them.

People back then many thought that Adolph Hitler was the Antichrist - mainly because their understanding of the Antichrist was limited to him being the most evil person ever, dictator.

And for the most part, even today the widespread understanding of the Antichrist is still a misconception, not because the person will become the ruthless dictator, but because people don't realize that the person has to become the king of Israel first (the Antichrist) - before he transforms and reveals himself to be the man of sin, then the beast of Revelation.

The Antichrist = King of Israel, (anti) instead of Jesus the rightful Christ, King of Israel.

You should change your research paper to persons "thought to be" the Antichrist. "thought to be" because the persons doing the thinking at those times did not have a full understanding of "the'' Antichrist.

I think Mussolini was also thought to be the Antichrist by some back then. And of course a number of Popes. And Nero.

I should have worded my question better then. While yes the Antichrist will be one man, there is a Spirit of the Antichrist. I am looking for those in the past that have sought to kill all of the Jews in the past. I know (including Hitler) there are atleast 3 or 4.

Upvote 0

PhillipLaSpino

Achieve; don’t plunder!
Nov 17, 2007
U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Echolipse, here's the key in order to consider a person to have the spirit of antichrist. They have to be on the scene after Christ, they have to have knowledge of Scripture, than claim to be God, or the Messiah or be disciples of an antichrist.

Rev. Moon

Stalin and Hitler went to Christian Seminary, both knew Jesus and both considered themselves to be gods.

Carl Marx I believe had a Seminary education
Cerinthus the man John had in mind concerning antichrist

Heretical group that call themselves the Nicolations;

Mohamed knew the O.T. and knew about Jesus Christ, and claimed to be Messiah Mohamed.

Mohomed Ali, alias Casius Clay knew Jesus Christ and converted to Islam. He like tens of thousands of so called Christians have turned from God and have become disciples of Mohamed.

Cults as in the Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons have rejected Jesus as the Creator, and reject verses such as 1 Tim.3:16, K.J.B. that Jesus Christ is, "God manifest in the flesh" they taking his glory and putting it on themselves as organization, and in so doing claim to be the mediators between men and God. They have stolen Jesus glory and title as High Priests.

Many of the Pope's have earned the title of antichrist, calling themselves the Vicar of Christ, meaning they have taken the place of Christ in his absence.

That should keep you busy,

Phil LaSpino

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Echolipse, here's the key in order to consider a person to have the spirit of antichrist. They have to be on the scene after Christ, they have to have knowledge of Scripture, than claim to be God, or the Messiah or be disciples of an antichrist.

Rev. Moon

Stalin and Hitler went to Christian Seminary, both knew Jesus and both considered themselves to be gods.

Carl Marx I believe had a Seminary education
Cerinthus the man John had in mind concerning antichrist

Heretical group that call themselves the Nicolations;

Mohamed knew the O.T. and knew about Jesus Christ, and claimed to be Messiah Mohamed.

Mohomed Ali, alias Casius Clay knew Jesus Christ and converted to Islam. He like tens of thousands of so called Christians have turned from God and have become disciples of Mohamed.

Cults as in the Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons have rejected Jesus as the Creator, and reject verses such as 1 Tim.3:16, K.J.B. that Jesus Christ is, "God manifest in the flesh" they taking his glory and putting it on themselves as organization, and in so doing claim to be the mediators between men and God. They have stolen Jesus glory and title as High Priests.

Many of the Pope's have earned the title of antichrist, calling themselves the Vicar of Christ, meaning they have taken the place of Christ in his absence.

That should keep you busy,

Phil LaSpino

Yes, it did give me some additional material to work with, but still hasn't answered my main question. Although, what you gave me I may be able to work with as well and take my paper a different route than I had originally intended.

I'm still needing the two names of those men who 1. in the 2nd millennium (i think it was around 1500ad) and 2. the man before Christ came along about 500 years before. (not sure if he would count though).

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it did give me some additional material to work with, but still hasn't answered my main question. Although, what you gave me I may be able to work with as well and take my paper a different route than I had originally intended.

I'm still needing the two names of those men who 1. in the 2nd millennium (i think it was around 1500ad) and 2. the man before Christ came along about 500 years before. (not sure if he would count though).
Why don't you include in your paper of why those individuals were thought to be the Antichrist by many at the time - and cite their bible references.

What you will find is that they all are basing their view on the verses in the bible of the person persecuting the saints. But the term " the Antichrist" will not be found in any of those references - which is the key to why their thinking was wrong, although they did have certain biblical passages to support their thinking that the person was the Antichrist.

There is not anyone before Jesus's time who would have been considered the Antichrist by anyone because the term is foreign to the old testament.

And from the old testament alone, there is no way to tell that the Jews will
in error embrace someone thinking he is the great promised King of Israel, son of David, knowing from the prophesies that the person would betray them.

Here is what you need to do right off the bat in your paper - is to explain the differences between false christs, the Antichrist, antichrists, and failed christs.

The many antichrists in 1John2:18 that John mentioned were them of his day who had fallen away from Christianity, exhibiting the spirit of Antichrist, which denies that Jesus is the true Christ, by likening them to the coming Antichrist, calling them antichrists.

false christs:

A false christ is someone who pretends to be the person - Jesus, returned. Which Jesus said there would be many false christs arise. And some will say he Jesus Christ is in the desert, but don't go there, for Jesus said his return would be as evident as lightning flashing across the sky.

An example of a false christ is Jose' Miranda, who claims to be Jesus, His Second Coming. There's another guy, John Miller, in Australia. And another guy, Vissarion, in Russia. Essentially a false christ is someone who claims to be Jesus returned.

the Antichrist:

The Antichrist has a completely different connotation. The Antichrist is not going to be claiming to be Jesus. Just the opposite. He will be against Jesus being the rightful King of Israel. And instead, he will think that he himself is.

The Antichrist by necessity will be a Jew and his religion Judaism for him to become King of Israel, Son of David. The Antichrist will be opposed to Christianity and Jesus. An example of someone fitting more the mold of the Antichrist would be the late Rabbi Schneerson, a Jewish Rabbi, who many Jews believed was the messiah. Schneerson was not a politician though, which means he was never the perfect candidate to be the Antichrist.

failed christs
:

In Judaism, there have been several individuals (I think the count is 18 or so) like simon Bar Kochba, who was a candidate to become the King of Israel but came up short. Judaism terms those persons as failed christs. They are neither false christs (someone claiming to be Jesus returned) nor the Antichrist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PhillipLaSpino

Achieve; don’t plunder!
Nov 17, 2007
U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Echolipse you would have to look at the Roman Catholic church. Many events occured in this period of the 14-15-116th century, and the wheel of supposed Christianity spun around the hup of the corrupt Catholic church. They had power over nations and kings. The sale of indulgences, the murder of Tindal, the inquisitions. There was the martyr John Rodgers burned at the stake, Lawrence Saunders, burnt at Coventry Hooper, bishop of Gloucester burnt at stake. Dr. Rowland Tayor, Ridly, Latimer. Bloody Mary one of the beasts of that time.

Phil LaSpino

Upvote 0