Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
How many of you use Passover cleaning as an excuse to do a once a year spotless cleaning and organization of your home?

I started last week, about two hours a day, three days a week, by doing the bookshelves in the living room, pulling out books I wanted to sell (I always have books on the floor because I don't have enough shelf space). I went through all my dresser drawers and closet clothes looking for items to donate, and washed all my linens. I also got everything out from under the bed -- Yay! This week I worked in the bathroom, completely reorganizing all the shelves of medicines (most of which were expired and needed to be thrown out), makeup, first aid, and sundry hair stuff. Got the blinds thoroughly washed, and the walls, and molding.

I always save the kitchen for the very last week, because I don't want to put away my chametz until as late as possible and it would be stupid to clean it and leave the chametz out and then have to clean it again.

I got that momentum going!!!! And I'm feeling good, good, good. It's a wonderful time of year.

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't, but I have always wondered if this is where the origin of "spring cleaning" came from.

Yes - I think that is so from what I can see. Spring cleaning always preceded Easter in my home. My mother always went round the house, meticulously cleaning every part that could be reached, and my grandmother always did the same.

Reactions: ChavaK
Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
You must remove Leaven out of your houses on the first day of the 7 days feast of Unleavened Bread!

The Leaven removal is on Sunset 31 March or Sunset 30 April, dependent on the calendar you are using.

"...The Jewish and Samaritan Calendars

The Jewish and Samaritan calendars are similar, though the starting years of the two systems differ...."

Calendar: How the Samaritan and Jewish Masoretic Calendars Differ

Dust-300x199.jpg

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't, but I have always wondered if this is where the origin of "spring cleaning" came from.
I know you don't do this because you probably use your Shabbat apt for Pasche too right? I was wondering though how that works with leaven not to be found in all your dwellings?

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I know you don't do this because you probably use your Shabbat apt for Pasche too right? I was wondering though how that works with leaven not to be found in all your dwellings?
Not sure I understand your question? You mean what do you do with your main residence if you leave for Pesach? If you are gone for the entire time, you sell your chametz and that's it. No cleaning. If you come back before it ends, you have to clean your primary residence. If you go somewhere and you are renting a room (let's say a hotel) you have to clean it. If you are staying with people, you don't have to. You are relying on their search. Did I understand correctly?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You must remove Leaven out of your houses on the first day of the 7 days feast of Unleavened Bread!

The Leaven removal is on Sunset 31 March or Sunset 30 April, dependent on the calendar you are using.
It's called Messianic Judaism, not Messianic Samaritanism. It does not use the Samaritan calendar.

This year Pesach begins on Friday night, March 30. The candle lit search for Chametz is the night before, Thursday, March 29. If you want that to go smoothly, you had better do your cleaning before then.

• Informative
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The candle lit search for Chametz is the night before, Thursday, March 29. If you want that to go smoothly, you had better do your cleaning before then.
Do you think Yeshua's mother searched for Chametz the night before? Being that the Israelites didn't give their flat bread any time to rise before baking any yeast in the air or cupboard was of no consequence. Even when you add yeast to dough it won't leaven (puff-up) when baked immediately, so it's still unleavened matzah.

What would any religion be without man-made rituals and traditions (2 Timothy 3:5).

Shabbat Shalom :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think Yeshua's mother searched for Chametz the night before?

I have no idea. But your question underlies one question I have regarding Messianic observances. Why copy Jewish traditions/rituals that were not around at the time of Jesus? If the point is to emulate what
he did, why add onto it? Especially if one does not agree with "man made" traditions?

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have no idea. But your question underlies one question I have regarding Messianic observances. Why copy Jewish traditions/rituals that were not around at the time of Jesus?
Some Man-Made Traditions Are Good For Peace And Harmony
Within The Greater Messianic Judaism Movement

At The TOP As My Favorite Jewish Musical Movie

Shabbat Shalom

Norman Jewison is so talented (gifted) that IMO
Jewish ancestral blood flowed through his brain

Norman Jewison - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
It's called Messianic Judaism, not Messianic Samaritanism. It does not use the Samaritan calendar.

This year Pesach begins on Friday night, March 30. The candle lit search for Chametz is the night before, Thursday, March 29. If you want that to go smoothly, you had better do your cleaning before then.

Do everything that Jehovah/Yahweh tells you to do.

Shemot 12:15 Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)

15 Shivat yamim shall ye eat matzot; but the first day ye shall put away se’or (yeast, leaven) out of your batim (houses); for whosoever eateth chametz from the first day until the seventh day, that nefesh shall be cut off from Yisroel.

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

It probably helped. I think a lot of it came from places
where you were snowed in most of the winter and the
spring thaw was the first chance to air out the house
and everything in it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

No tradition should have such hold that it cannot be
dropped in an instant. Even then, it is likely to cause
division when somebody breaks it.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
Got rid of my box of white cotton gloves. Was told they were off-white and advised to use white linen gloves. Now, with my ultra white linen gloves was told that HaShem will be smiling with approval :)

Shabbat Shalom

Are you Jewish, Christian, Muslim or White?

White People are Muslims? White People are Islamic Terrorist extremists?

Shades of white

Shades of white are colors that differ only slightly from pure white. Variations of white include what are commonly termed off-white colors, which may be considered part of a neutral color scheme.

In color theory, a shade is a pure color mixed with black (or having a lower lightness). Strictly speaking, a “shade of white” would be a neutral gray. This article is also about off-white colors that vary from pure white in hue, and in chroma (also called saturation, or intensity).

Colors often considered "shades of white" include, cream, eggshell, ivory, Navajo white, and vanilla. Even the lighting of a room, however, can cause a pure white to be perceived as off-white.[1]

Off-white colors were pervasively paired with beiges in the 1930s,[2] and especially popular again from roughly 1955 to 1975.[3]

Whiteness measures the degree to which a surface is white in colorimetry.

Shades of white - Wikipedia

American Psycho -Business Card Scene

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It probably helped. I think a lot of it came from places
where you were snowed in most of the winter and the
spring thaw was the first chance to air out the house
and everything in it.
That would make sense.

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith

At The TOP As My Favorite Jewish Musical Movie

Shabbat Shalom

Norman Jewison is so talented (gifted) that IMO
Jewish ancestral blood flowed through his brain

Norman Jewison - Wikipedia

The traditions of the Elders are very important, although watch out that the traditions don't take you away from the True Faith.

Matthew 15 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

15 Then come unto Jesus do they from Jerusalem -- scribes and Pharisees -- saying,

2 `Wherefore do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they do not wash their hands when they may eat bread.'

3 And he answering said to them, `Wherefore also do ye transgress the command of God because of your tradition?

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 15 - Young's Literal Translation

Upvote 0