Pass a "Snowflake" test as condition of employment.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to say online as a gamer its crazy how many people use autism as a insult line "Dude your so autistic!". Or if they see a video of someone doing something stupid they say "What a autistic spaz!". Ugh, don't use autism as a term to insult someone. Just like when people say the R word as a slang (mentally retarded). Its annoying.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, my dad was a military man who was terrified of any kind of mental illness label. The whole self-reliant culture can actually be self-defeating.
I was Army for 25 years. Times have changed. When I came in the Army in 89 the culture and environment were both supportive and understanding.

Guess the services figured it out before most of the country. They had even back then what was called the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP).

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to hear that. When Christians and Secular people alike ask, "If God is so loving why do people suffer so much?", I just say, "Because people are jerks. God has nothing to do with it."

I hope for the best for her. Being an Aspie is not easy, especially in a world whose mental state that is becoming more consistent with narcissistic personality disorder.

Thanks! She's doing great now. She got a merit scholarship to the U of Chicago! It was a challenge for her growing up, definitely. All the help she got bc of being an Aspie paid off majorly, & we're not in touch anymore with the people who complained that she was a "snowflake" bc of that help! I think when she was born was lucky, bc in the past people didn't know as much about Aspies or how to help them. My uncle wasn't diagnosed until his late 40s bc not enough was known about it when he was little to diagnose him correctly. Idk that they called him a "snowflake" but insults along those lines, bc people didn't understand.

I hope all the best for you & I'm certain she does too! :)

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
1489886363250.png

Long overdue, we need to reverse this process before it is too late.

Upvote 0

Greyy

Mar 7, 2017
XX
✟9,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To me, this kind of thinking is long overdue. I can't even fathom the rules that schools have regarding safe spaces and the huge restrictions to the constitutionally guaranteed free speech. I have read about big employers, like Google, having to coddle new graduates they bring aboard, because they are unprepared to cope in the entry level work environment.

CEO Makes Potential Employees Take a 'Snowflake Test' Before Hiring - Breitbart

I searched, trying to find big name publications that carried this article and could not find one -- its not surprising to me.

There is an extreme right, false narrative about young people going those evil liberal universities and being unprepared to deal with viewpoints other than their own. You hear this from American conservative talk radio and others, who never even went to college and are pandering to their extreme right wing anti-education audience.

Those liberal educated youngsters can't handle other opinions and can't handle the real world. The irony is that it is upheld by people that get news exclusively from far right sources and call anything they don't like "fake news."

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is an extreme right, false narrative about young people going those evil liberal universities and being unprepared to deal with viewpoints other than their own. You hear this from American conservative talk radio and others, who never even went to college and are pandering to their extreme right wing anti-education audience.

Those liberal educated youngsters can't handle other opinions and can't handle the real world. The irony is that it is upheld by people that get news exclusively from far right sources and call anything they don't like "fake news."
Yeah but look at how the left youngsters acted when Trump won (and are still acting). I never seen the right be that extreme. Its why we say the left youngsters are special snowflakes.

Upvote 0

Greyy

Mar 7, 2017
XX
✟9,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah but look at how the left youngsters acted when Trump won (and are still acting). I never seen the right be that extreme. Its why we say the left youngsters are special snowflakes.

Yes, when conservative media talked about isolated incidents of kids acting like kids, it was indicative that Americans cities were burned down to the ground by left protests. I remember remaing in my home until the riots and fire were out and the national guard came to rescue us.

Oh wait, that never happened. I don't remember "the left youngsters" doing anything but going about their day as usual, other than worried a nut was president. Again, part of the sensationalist narrative.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Most of those post election protests were actually full scale riots complete with traffic obstruction, random violence and property damage, if we're to be honest.

Not knocking autism or anyone with real psychological issues here, but there is a subgroup of insane leftist college-aged kids who are not emotionally mature enough to handle differing opinion who are outside of formal autism diagnosis. It's that they've been indoctrinated to respond with hostility to anything that challenges the leftist agenda of laying every shred and semblance of classic conservatism to waste.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thing is, many of them are not really "sensitive snowflakes" so much as they are cynical manipulators. Back in college, when somebody was saying or doing something they didn't like they would claim to be traumatized by it. A claim of trauma requires the administrators to respond - those are magic words. Needless to say, people like that are toxic to any work environment. Toxic to any academic environment too, but companies have to do what they can to protect themselves.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

When's the last time a Republican candidate won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes & still lost the presidency? Twice in my lifetime - and I was born in 2000 - a Republican has been elected POTUS despite having less Americans vote for him than the Democratic candidate. You cannot honestly compare reactions to the election when it's unprecedented (or, to use Trump's spelling of the word "unpresidented"). There were Republican politicians & many adults before the election, including on this forum, who said they were going to get out their guns & cause a civil war if Hillary won. If he'd won nearly 3 million more votes than she did, but still lost, I think there would have been the bloodbath some of his supporters promised there would be.

When's the last time a Democratic POTUS had temper tantrums & meltdowns on Twitter? Up in Canada, the Trump voters are called the snowflakes, bc they're the ones who have meltdowns at criticism of Trump. He has chronic meltdowns, basically anytime he's criticized. Eta - I have to wonder if calling young college students snowflakes is actually in part due to jealousy. I constantly see posts from Trump supporters that are filled with misspelled words - easy words you'd find on a 5th grade spelling test. I see them talking about being unemployed, in dead-end jobs, or on government assistance. In comparison my sister is graduating from college this year and has been flown around the country for job interviews. She's getting offers of salaries that are all 6 figures. She participated in peaceful protests at her college, & in the Women's March on January 21, which was also peaceful & attended by as many men as women. People have called her a snowflake her entire life, but she's continued to thrive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So the right has to be so whiney and they have to create a word to use specifically to whine and cry about other people? This is in line with the pattern I indicated before. I think there is a principle called "take care of yourself" that people should pay attention to instead of whining about the actions of others.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well the term snowflake I think was created because they couldn't accept the lost because "Hillary had more votes!". I mean its a pretty desperate attempt to make it out like that mattered. The left always say when they win "This is democracy in action!". And yet when they don't win they suddenly don't like hearing the same line back. Snowflakes.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well the term snowflake I think was created because they couldn't accept the lost because "Hillary had more votes!". I mean its a pretty desperate attempt to make it out like that mattered. The left always say when they win "This is democracy in action!". And yet when they don't win they suddenly don't like hearing the same line back. Snowflakes.
Wow what utter nonsense - I'm a liberal and I'm perfectly happy that Hillary lost. I know plenty like me. Who are these liberals you're talking about, ones that some fake news source reported on? Terrible how the right lies. I would love for a right-winger to call me a snowflake in person, he'd be in for a blizzard...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Wow what utter nonsense - I'm a liberal and I'm perfectly happy that Hillary lost.

Good. Me too.

I know plenty like me.

I wish there were more.

Who are these liberals you're talking about, ones that some fake news source reported on?

Footage is all over the web, but the mods wouldn't want me linking directly to videos that contain profanity. I've got some in my own family, though.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No clue.. never heard of it.. my son..not even out of collage (this is last year) just got a job at "lockheed martin" .. PRAISE GOD.. well making more then my wife does .. and she has worked for her company for over 25years and makes allot. My son just starting out.. making the same right from the start.

JESUS IS REAL!...oh...no kind of snowflake test what so ever..

Upvote 0

Greyy

Mar 7, 2017
XX
✟9,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most of those post election protests were actually full scale riots complete with traffic obstruction, random violence and property damage, if we're to be honest.

I'm sorry, your post seems to have gotten mixed up. It is obviously from an alternative reality because that isn't what happened.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0