Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.
  • Less Advertisements! Members see fewer ads and have the option to upgrade their account to ad free!

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Part Time Blog Ministry and Work advice

Discussion in 'Full and Part Time Ministry' started by kimberlyw, Feb 17, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

1. kimberlyw

kimberlyw New Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Hi. I'm starting an online blog ministry and social networking site whilst looking for part time Christian or well regular work to supplement. I'm living in a tent, kinda like being a missionary in Africa to keep overhead down and Jesus first. Really I only need to work 3 hrs a day or less for upkeep which is good. Has anyone else started such ministries and can you offer any advice on how to get more readership and or member on my social network? I don't wanna waste one single day for Jesus. I even submitted my works to several publishing companies but the main thing is each individual sheep is important. I feel like I can reach more with the one on one that a site offers.... advice?

2. Jason0047

Jason0047 Agent for Christ

Ratings:
    +1,067
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I would follow Brazil's version of a Christian Facebook called "Facegloria", to know your competition. Their site is currently for only those who speak Brazillian Portuguese. But I imagine it is only a matter of time before they add English speakers in the upcoming future.

Check out this website article to learn more:
    Thousands are flocking to the 'Christian Facebook' | Komando.com

Then there is a paid version of Facebook for Christians called Christianfaithbook.net.

But I do not think this would hit off all to well.
    People do not want to pay money.

There is:
    ChristiansLikeMe.net

But they are not in Google's top page listing for the keywords "Christian facebook."

Your goal is to be on the top of the list for keyword searches at Google for word searches like:

Christian Facebook
    Christian version of facebook
    Christian social media
    Christian social media network

One potential problem that you have to guard against in starting a Christian social media network is that it could mean that you could be in acceptance of being liberal within your Christianity. You could potentially fall into the trap of accepting people of all different kinds of faiths claiming to be Christian that you may not agree with. One possible solution to this is that you would have to make a clear statement of faith on your website and that your allowance to those who claim to be Christian (Who disagree with your statement of faith) are merely guests and not Christian members at your Faithbook Church. Christian members should have exclusive access that guests do not have. Atheists or non-Christians obviously should not be allowed to join.

Another big hurtle you will have to climb:

(a) Get a team of people that will help to run the website.
    (b) Get a lot of money to help launch the website with ads and money geared towards placing your social media network on the top page at Google for certain keyword searches. You need money to pay for the hosting and your employees (like moderators who look to monitor fake profiles and or who cause trouble), and people who keep the website up and running). Selling your house or getting a loan from your bank would be helpful.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017 at 1:12 PM
  3. Jason0047

Ratings:
    +1,067
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
  4. Jason0047

Ratings:
    +1,067
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Know your competition and be willing to do something different that they do not offer. Also, do not compromise your faith just to make a buck, either. Be willing to take a stand in what you believe.