Part 2 - The Creator has Invalidated Knowing Earth's Age Through Scientific Enquiry

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This thread will hopefully have posts that stay more on the original thread topic, as listed below:

The Earth does "look" and does have "scientific evidence" that makes it "appear" that it is billions of years old.

Such "scientific-based evidence" is the Apparent Age produced by the Creator - with foreseen Purpose in doing so.

As one example, how did the God of the Bible Create Eve?

If a Modern Day Earth Scientist was placed before Eve 1 day after her Creation and they asked her how old she was, when the Modern Scientist heard Eve say 24 hours he probably would have called her a liar to her face. And probably would have felt justified in calling her a liar. She would not look 24 hours old - but much older.

Such is the same in what Modern Day Earth Scientists face when investigating and understanding the age of the Earth.

God knew that Modern Day Scientists would stumble if they idolized science as the principle means to know Earth's past.

The Creator - and how He has Created the physical realm with Apparent-Embedded Age (as presented in the Bible) - is not listed in any public classrooms science texts. The Creator knew of this idolizing of science day and age from the beginning of planning and bringing forth this Creation.

Many Modern Scientists by not knowing and realizing the Creator's Ways, Incredible Ability, and Purposes, have errorred in their scientific conclusions. They have stumble by not knowing Him and seeking what His Scriptures say.

The result, Modern Day Scientists have stumbled through their fleshly achievements, deriving reality of the Earth's history without need for God. A god-less foundation they have built and stand on.

However, the God of the Bible still has the upperhand in truth and knowledge that all people of Modern Period need. Without Him, the Bible, and Faith they will stumble.

• Agree
Reactions: RC1970

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible contains obvious examples of how the Creator has created many things with Apparent Age. Objects that looks mature in Age but were just created.

There is no getting around these Biblical examples.

In creating a mature Earth the Creator produced a mature natural realm - as if natural processes had occurred to produce the maturity observed.

In reverse to what many have thought, the Bible is needed to interpret the Age of the Earth.

God did not have intentions to have natural sinful man use science to know the Age of the Earth. And set God and His Scriptures aside to know past reality about origin of the Earth.

God's intension was to produce a Natural Realm that if sinful man did not seek Him and His Ways - the sinful man would produce Naturalism and Humanism. Two wicked errant "truths" sinful man would think was reality.

In producing the physical realm and natural processes, God would see in the Last Days natural sinful man try to lead many astray by their error.

In our day natural man has placed science as foremost in knowing reality. In so doing sinful man has placed science before God unto themselves and the masses. Sinful man has made an Idol out of Science before all on Earth.

God knew the way to be recovered from such error was to forsake the Idol of Science and turn back to Him, His Scriptures, and walk by Faith.

Natural sinful man has not produced a reality beyond what the Creator has made. They have errorred through misuse of science. Thus they have stumbled.

In the Last Days, recovery from Idolizing Science is His Way for Naturalists and Humanists to turn to Him, the Creator of all seen and known.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, the God of the Bible still has the upperhand in truth and knowledge that all people of Modern Period need. Without Him, the Bible, and Faith they will stumble.

If you go that route what is to say we were not created this morning with "imbedded memories" for unknowable reasons of his ultimate purpose while being wiped out every evening and starting fresh next morning.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please turn in your scientist badge and labcoat pending department inquiry.
I have had a very successful career as a scientist.

86 patents over the past 17 years within one large technology-based corporation is one real world example. And may I say the Holy Spirit had very very much to do with my maturing and use of science.

I think those who have set the Bible and His Spirit aside, that live Naturally are the ones who need to change. Yes, very much idolizing Science and living without Him is to stop.

Science is polluted by sinful natural man.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you go that route what is to say we were not created this morning with "imbedded memories" for unknowable reasons of his ultimate purpose while being wiped out every evening and starting fresh next morning.
Reasoning is not Enlightenment of Scriptures.

The first natural man can produce, the latter only God through His Spirit.

It has been folly for natural sinful man to lean on his own brain to find reality.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The answer was

That's not a very reassuring answer. Just curious why so many things like dead animals millions of years old had to be included...almost looks like deception when you include things that didn't need to be included in order to have a workable planet but they would be very handy if the goal was the mislead honest people.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have had a very successful career as a scientist.

In geology? Did you use young earth concepts? How did you make sense of stratigraphy?

Or did you simply work as if the strata were actually laid down over millions of years?

86 patents over the past 17 years within one large technology-based corporation is one real world example. And may I say the Holy Spirit had very very much to do with my maturing and use of science.

86 patents as a geologist in 17 years? Yowza! That's pretty impressive. (Hopefully the were all utility and not design!)

I think those who have set the Bible and His Spirit aside, that live Naturally are the ones who need to change. Yes, very much idolizing Science and living without Him is to stop.

So science provided you with a good living but you had to operate as if it were real when you knew it wasn't? That must have been tough.

Science is polluted by sinful natural man.

No, according to all you've indicated science works and works well so long as one accepts that the thing it is exploring (the earth) is not as it appears to be. It is a deception. But the science isn't a deception...how else could you have a good career in science and get so many patents?

(Obviously I'm overlooking the extremely solid work your IP attorneys did to get 86 patents through in 17 years...with an average prosecution time of 3-5 years...but maybe a lot of them were just other family members of the same patent.)

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the 7th day God rested from His work of creating. That 7th day has been a very, very,... long day.

Gen 2:2 and God completeth by the seventh day His work which He hath made, and ceaseth by the seventh day from all His work which He hath made.
Gen 2:3 And God blesseth the seventh day, and sanctifieth it, for in it He hath ceased from all His work which God had prepared for making.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why did God plant so many fossils and other evidence of real time which had passed?
As 1) have you noticed in paleontology texts that there is zero fossils in a sequential series that change from one form of Kind to a higher form of Kind?

And 2) have not fossils been produced since the Creation of Adam and Eve? Is natural only inorganic? Only rock and water formed landscape?

I use to be a pure Naturalist in growing up and getting a degree in geology.

May I say there is much more learning to do and facts to face than what Geology degreed people posses. And it is through God's doing that we learn beyond Naturalism.

Forsaking the idol of science and turning to Jesus the Lord and Savior, to walk in the Scriptures is a path that leads to real gold, silver, topaz, emeralds, and true everlasting treasures.

My first position as an educated geologist would lead me to only temporal treasures which in the Scriptures are mere "shadows" of treasures to seek, find, and possess.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As 1) have you noticed in paleontology texts that there is zero fossils in a sequential series that change from one form of Kind to a higher form of Kind?

This isn't a discussion of evolution. I was merely noting that fossils exist in the rocks. If the earth isn't really billions of years old, why would we have any fossils in the rocks unless they were there to lead people astray?

And 2) have not fossils been produced since the Creation of Adam and Eve? Is natural only inorganic? Only rock and water formed landscape?

Yes, but fossils that have been shown to be millions of years old, whether bracketed by absolute age-datable rocks or within rocks that could only form over a very long period of time, they are there. And they make things look much older. The only reason to include dead animals dating to millions of years in age is to mislead people.

May I say there is much more learning to do and facts to face than what Geology degreed people posses. And it is through God's doing that we learn beyond Naturalism.

Understood. Geology, while clearly the most important science on earth, is not the only thing worth knowing.

My first position as an educated geologist would lead me to only temporal treasures which in the Scriptures are mere "shadows" of treasures to seek, find, and possess.

I am not really looking for treasure. But minerals sure can be pretty.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have always understood God, as the source of life, to be inherently creative. It is part of his nature. I have also understood God to be almighty, including in the sense of never tiring. Therefore resting on the Seventh Day is a bit of a mystery. (Elsewhere, (Hebrews 1:3) we read that he "upholds all things"). Genesis 2:2 says "he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." Surely he wasn't tired, or bored, or disinterested? But then I get to wondering, what did he do on the eighth day - did he never create anything again?

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have always understood God, as the source of life, to be inherently creative. It is part of his nature. I have also understood God to be almighty, including in the sense of never tiring. Therefore resting on the Seventh Day is a bit of a mystery. (Elsewhere, (Hebrews 1:3) we read that he "upholds all things"). Genesis 2:2 says "he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." Surely he wasn't tired, or bored, or disinterested? But then I get to wondering, what did he do on the eighth day - did he never create anything again?
Can you think of anything He has created since then?

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In geology? Did you use young earth concepts? How did you make sense of stratigraphy?

Or did you simply work as if the strata were actually laid down over millions of years?

86 patents as a geologist in 17 years? Yowza! That's pretty impressive. (Hopefully the were all utility and not design!)

So science provided you with a good living but you had to operate as if it were real when you knew it wasn't? That must have been tough.

No, according to all you've indicated science works and works well so long as one accepts that the thing it is exploring (the earth) is not as it appears to be. It is a deception. But the science isn't a deception...how else could you have a good career in science and get so many patents?

(Obviously I'm overlooking the extremely solid work your IP attorneys did to get 86 patents through in 17 years...with an average prosecution time of 3-5 years...but maybe a lot of them were just other family members of the same patent.)
Many other scientists that are Christians are examples, for purpose that people do not need to be a Naturalist to understand and mature in natural sciences.

God had great intentions for the use of science in the Last Days, in His Ways to show the value of gaining knowledge. All the technology (know how) that has brought about prolific amount of things that Prospers life on Earth.

Like a refrigerator, understanding and preventing over exposure to UV rays, ability to talk to someone on the other side of the Earth near realtime finally coming about in time by gaining a spectrum of knowledge, .......................................

Read between the lines of the above sentences and seek to learn what He has Purposed and is allowing to be produced by knowledge.

Knowledge was never to be solely for sinful natural man. Just the opposite.

But natural man has stumbled in knowing about the Creator: in Relationship with Him and His Purposes, even in the Last Days things He has brought forth by integrated and intelligent design during Creation Week.

Upvote 0