Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was talking about the Olivet Discourse which a lot of partial preterist and some futurist view as at least mostly fulfilled in 70ad.........
however, they/we still believe in a future, Armegeddon, 1st resurrection, 1000yr period[which some believe they are in now], Gog Magog, then the final judgement.....As far as I know, all of those are yet to be fulfilled.....

Many people have been deceived during recent years by Don K. Preston, and his associates, who claim that all things have been fulfilled.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LittleLambofJesus said:
I suppose do what the Jews did in 70ad, flee and hide in the mountains and caves..........
FWIW, Revelation does not involve the whole global world!!
It is a great City in Judea/Israel..........
BABerean2 said:
The characters found in Revelation 6 are the same characters found in Revelation 19.

Have you have taken the characters out of their context in order to make the Book of Revelation fit your form of Preterism?
LittleLambofJesus said:
Getting kind of personal aren't you? [against the rules btw]
I just go by what the bible says, as do all preterists, futurists, amills, etc.............
BABerean2 said:
Promoting Full-Preterism is also against the rules of this forum.

Christ was most certainly a partial-preterist in the Olivet Discourse.
LittleLambofJesus said:
I was talking about the Olivet Discourse which a lot of partial preterist and some futurist view as at least mostly fulfilled in 70ad......
BABerean2 said:
Many people have been deceived during recent years by Don K. Preston, and his associates, who claim that all things have been fulfilled.
As have many dispensationalist futurists, claiming nothing has been fulfilled..............
I think that doctrine is just as bad as the full preterism view, both should be outlawed and deemed unorthodox Theology...........
==================================
https://www.preteristarchive.com/StudyArchive/d/dispensationalism.htm
Dispensationalism
COMMENTARIES ON D'ISM / PROPHECIES OF D'ISM / D'ISM AND SALVATION

‘End Times’ Religious Groups Want Apocalypse Soon -

LA Times
“In Christian theology, the first thing that happens when Christ returns to Earth is the judgment of nations,” said Hagee, who wears a Jewish prayer shawl when he ministers.
“It will have one criterion: How did you treat the Jewish people? Anyone who understands that will want to be on the right side of that question.
Those who are anti-Semitic will go to eternal damnation.” | Dispensationalism in Transition Newsletters]

Gary DeMar

"Dispensationalism:
A novel appproach to studying the Bible that divides Scripture into seven divisions or "dispensations," each of which is a distinct redemptive era. Dispensationalism was popularized by the notes found in the Scofield Reference Bible first published by Oxford University Press. The unique feature of dispensationalism is that God has two redemptive plans, one for the Church and the other for ethnic Israel.
This dual redemptive plan mandates a "rapture" of the church prior to God dealing specifically with Israel again during a seven-year tribulation period."
===============================================
Dispensationalism – Grace Online Library
.........Dispensationalism has a pervasive influence not only extensively, but also intensively.
It is usually the case that those who embrace its teachings as a system are affected in almost every area of their theological thinking.....

No evaluation of Dispensational Premillennialism may ignore its teaching of a two-phased return of Christ, the first phase of which is commonly known as the rapture. This feature is its…

==================================================

What is your own exchatological view of Luke 21, all future or partially/fully fulfilled?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
BABerean2 said:
The characters found in Revelation 6 are the same characters found in Revelation 19.
Have you have taken the characters out of their context in order to make the Book of Revelation fit your form of Preterism?
Whoa. I have never seen that connection before. .
I am going to have to take a closer look at those verses, along with the greek.
Thanks for sharing those.

Revelation 6
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying, as it were a voice of thunder, ‘Come and behold!’ 2 and I saw and behold! a white horse, and He who is sitting upon it is having a bow,

and there was given to Him a crown, and He went forth overcoming, and that he may overcome.
Revelation 19:11
And I saw the heaven having been opened and behold! a White Horse,

and He Who is sitting upon him is called Faithful and True.
And in righteousness doth He judge and war

Zechariah mentions different colored horses.

Zec 1:8
I saw by night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse, and it stood among the myrtle trees in the hollow;
and behind him were horses: red, sorrel, and white.
Zec 6:
3 with the third chariot white horses, and with the fourth chariot dappled horses—strong steeds.
6 “The one with the black horses is going to the north country,
the white are going after them, and the dappled are going toward the south country.”

The First Seal: Rider on a White Horse
Revelation 6:
2and I saw, and lo, a white horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a bow, and

The Second Seal: War
4and there went forth another horse — red, and to him who is sitting upon it, there was given to him to take the peace from the land, and that one another they may slay, and there was given to him a great sword.

The Third Seal: Famine
5 And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, ‘Come and behold!’ and I saw, and lo, a black horse, and he who is sitting upon it is having a balance in his hand,...........

The Fourth Seal: Death
7 And when he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, ‘Come and behold!’ 8and I saw, and lo, a pale horse,

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
G3952 matches the Greek παρουσία (parousia),
which occurs 24 times in 24 verses

παρουσία — 6x
παρουσίᾳ — 9x
παρουσίαν — 3x
παρουσίας — 6x
===========================
παρουσία — 6x
Parsing: Genitive Feminine Singular

Matthew 24:3
Philippians 1:26
2 Thessalonians 2:1,8
James 5:7
2 Peter 3:4

Matthew 24:3
And when he is sitting on the mount of the Olives, the disciples came near to him by himself, saying, 'Tell us, when shall these be? and what is the sign of thy parousiaV <3952>, and of the full end of the age?'

Philippians 1:26
that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my parousia to you again.
2 Thessalonians 2
1 - And we ask you, brethren, in regard to the parousiaV <3952> of our Lord Jesus Christ, and of our gathering together unto him,
8 - and then shall be revealed the Lawless One, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the manifestation of his parousiaV <3952>,
James 5:7
Be patient, then, brethren, till the parousiaV <3952> of the Lord;
behold the husbandman doth expect the precious fruit of the earth, being patient for it, till he may receive rain -- early and latter;
2 Peter 3:4
and saying, 'Where is the promise of his parousiaV <3952>? for since the fathers did fall asleep, all things so remain from the beginning of the creation;'
==========================
παρουσίᾳ — 9x
Parsing: Dative Feminine Singular

1 Corinthians 15:23
and each in their proper order, a first-fruit Christ, afterwards those who are the Christ’s, in His parousia<3952>, 24 then — the end, when he may deliver up the reign to God, even the Father, when he may have made useless all rule, and all authority and power
1 Corinthians 16:17
and I rejoice over the presence parousia<3952> of Stephanas, and Fortunatus, and Achaicus, because the lack of you did these fill up;
2 Corinthians 7
6 - but He who is comforting the cast-down -- God -- He did comfort us in the presence parousia<3952> of Titus;
7 and not only in his parousia<3952>, but also in the comfort with which he was comforted over you, declaring to us your longing desire, your lamentation, your zeal for me, so that the more I did rejoice,
Philippians 2:12
So that, my beloved, as ye always obey, not as in my presence/parousia<3952> only, but now much more in my absence, with fear and trembling your own salvation work out,
1 Thessalonians 2:19
for what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? are not even ye before our Lord Jesus Christ in his parousia<3952>?
1 Thessalonians 3:13
to the establishing your hearts blameless in sanctification before our God and Father, in the parousia<3952> of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.
1 Thessalonians 5:23
and the God of the peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your whole spirit, and soul, and body, be preserved unblameably in the parousia<3952> of our Lord Jesus Christ;

1 John 2:28
And now, little children, remain in Him, that when he may be manifested, we may have boldness, and may not be ashamed before him, in his parousia<3952>;
============================================
παρουσίαν — 3x
Parsing: Accusative Feminine Singular

1 Thessalonians 4:15
2 Peter 1:16
2 Peter 3:12

1 Thessalonians 4:15
for this to you we say in the word of the Lord, that we who are living -- who do remain over to the parousian <3952> of the Lord -- may not precede those asleep
2 Peter 1:16
For, skillfully devised fables not having followed out, we did make known to you the power and parousian <3952> of our Lord Jesus Christ, but eye-witnesses having become of his majesty --
2 Peter 3:12
toward excecting and hastening the parousian <3952> of the day of the God, by which heavens, being fired<1448> shall being dissolved/loosed<3089> dissolved, and elements being burned<2741> is being melted<5082>
===========================
παρουσία — 6x
Parsing: Nominative Feminine Singular

Matthew 24:27, 37, 39
1 Corinthians 15:23
2 Corinthians 10:10
2 Thessalonians 2:9
James 5:8

Matthew 24
27 “For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
37 “But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
39 “and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

2 Corinthians 10:10
'because the letters indeed -- saith one -- are weighty and strong, and the bodily parousia<3952> weak, and the speech despicable.'
2 Thessalonians 2:9
him, whose parousia<3952> is according to the working of the Adversary, in all power, and signs, and lying wonders,

James 5:8
be ye patient! and standfast the hearts of ye,
that the Parousia <3952> of the Lord has-neared/hggiken <1448> (5758);

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0