• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Parents are in my way.

Discussion in 'Discipleship: Following Jesus' started by Djddhd63h, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Djddhd63h

Djddhd63h New Member

+13
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hey guys. I am 21 years old, a new Christian, and I truly want to serve Jesus, but I find myself discouraged at the things Jesus wants me to do sometimes. I even disobeyed I think a couple times.

The biggest thing that is in my way of following Jesus is my parents, because my parents have plans for me, putting me in a school that I know it might not be God's will for me to be in, etc. I do not know what to do. I do not want to disobey Jesus, but I just do not know what to do.

Please pray for me and help me.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JacobKStarkey

JacobKStarkey Well-Known Member

+480
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    I will pray for you.

3. maintenance man

maintenance man Well-Known Member Supporter

+901
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    May I ask what school that would be and why it would not be God's will?

4. Djddhd63h

Djddhd63h New Member

+13
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It is a techincal school and afraid it may not be god's will for my life

5. maintenance man

+901
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What is God's will for your life?

6. Djddhd63h

Djddhd63h New Member

+13
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I do not know. I really do not know. I do not know what to do next. I want to please Jesus. That is all I know.

7. Djddhd63h

Djddhd63h New Member

+13
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Maybe I should just let Jesus handle this. Ask Jesus to take care of all this,

8. maintenance man

+901
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jesus wants you to honor your parents.

You can serve God anywhere and at any time - even in technical school.

Keep following the path that is in front of you. God is with you no matter where you go.

I'll pray for you.

9. Djddhd63h

Djddhd63h New Member

+13
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you!! I will.
    I have been frustrated and confused. I have no interest in doing anything right now. That is how bad it is. I know Jesus got this and has already forgiven me.

10. JacobKStarkey

JacobKStarkey Well-Known Member

+480
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    Let it all go. Love your parents. Go to tech school if that is what you want.

11. Strong in Him

Strong in Him I can do all things through Christ Supporter

+4,203
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    God's will for your life is to believe in Jesus and have eternal life, John 6:40.
    God's will for your life is that you are holy, 1 Thessalonians 3:3.
    God's will for your life is to be joyful always, pray continuously and give thank in all circumstances, I Thessalonians 5:16-18.

It seems God's will for us is more about BEING - and being in Jesus - than doing.
    If you want to go to technical school and have a passion for it, maybe God has given you that passion. You can serve him anywhere and whatever you're doing, Colossians 3:17, Colossians 3:23.
    If you don't want to go to tech school, and aren't interested in, or very good at, the subject, you will be unhappy if you try to force yourself to be something you aren't. It may, initially, please you parents, but you may also start to resent them for pushing you into something unsuitable.