✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
He is the way said:
Satan sure is crafty trying to get his chains on youth to make them think his ways are something to be desired. Young minds are easier to persuade. Sadly we now have a drug and inappropriate contentography epidemic.

and:

That is true and unfortunately there are bad parents in every denomination. There are also good parents in every denomination. However, good parents can't always prevent their children from doing the wrong thing. Adam and Eve found that out.

Who are we to judge Adam and Eve's parenting? Mormonism teaches lies about them; the Bible doesn't tell us what they taught their sons. Furthermore LDS have a high regard for the doctrine of free will. Again, everyone has sinned. Everyone.

I said:
"Young minds are easier to persuade when the parents are hypocrites or unbelievers or provokers at home.

"Proverbs 22
6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

"Ephesians 6
4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

How we live our lives affects our children greatly. We can't raise our children to be sinless. We can raise them with kindness and good values. We must forgive their sins and mistakes. We need to encourage them. We can at least try to steer them away from people who don't believe children need to obey their parents. Parents who are quick to anger haven't helped their adult children to have self-control. So the anger is passed from one generation to the next.

My sister stayed with her abusive and child-molesting husband till her death. And I think her unwillingness to leave him was the result of bad advice given to her before she became an adult. :(

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
He is the way said:

and:

Who are we to judge Adam and Eve's parenting? Mormonism teaches lies about them; the Bible doesn't tell us what they taught their sons. Furthermore LDS have a high regard for the doctrine of free will. Again, everyone has sinned. Everyone.

I said:
"Young minds are easier to persuade when the parents are hypocrites or unbelievers or provokers at home.

"Proverbs 22
6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

"Ephesians 6
4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."

How we live our lives affects our children greatly. We can't raise our children to be sinless. We can raise them with kindness and good values. We must forgive their sins and mistakes. We need to encourage them. We can at least try to steer them away from people who don't believe children need to obey their parents. Parents who are quick to anger haven't helped their adult children to have self-control. So the anger is passed from one generation to the next.

My sister stayed with her abusive and child-molesting husband till her death. And I think her unwillingness to leave him was the result of bad advice given to her before she became an adult. :(
Everyone sinned except Jesus Christ. I do believe that Adam and Eve were good parents as I stated:

"However, good parents can't always prevent their children from doing the wrong thing. Adam and Eve found that out."

I know a lot of good parents that have lost one or more of their children due to the enticement of Satan. While Able was righteous Cain was not:

(New Testament | 1 John 3:12)

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

(New Testament | Jude 1:11)

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

I do not blame Adam and Eve for Cain's sin. I do believe they taught their children correct principles. Cain was warned, but he did not heed that warning:

(Old Testament | Genesis 4:7 - 8)

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

Upvote 0