Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I have always loved the topic of parallel universes, I have read multiple accounts of people that have experienced some sort of parallel universe experience. Does anyone here have a time in their life where something was slightly off or different, or do you have any thoughts on what things might be like in universes parallel to this one.

Also if you don't think they exist share why not I'm totally ok with that as well. Let me know your thoughts or any thoughts on the matter, just remember be nice, not only because of rules but just because i'm a sensitive guy in general

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

There can be no parallel universes, because there is no universe it is all science (with the help of satan) made up deceptions.

The sun. moon and stars are located in the raqia above the earth, where God placed them and not out in an outer space universe as science states. Millions to billions of miles away, where everything is floating, moving around at high speeds.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have always loved the topic of parallel universes, I have read multiple accounts of people that have experienced some sort of parallel universe experience. Does anyone here have a time in their life where something was slightly off or different, or do you have any thoughts on what things might be like in universes parallel to this one.

Also if you don't think they exist share why not I'm totally ok with that as well. Let me know your thoughts or any thoughts on the matter, just remember be nice, not only because of rules but just because i'm a sensitive guy in general
In a Christian perspective, the concept of multiple universes (when God only created one) is a result of sin infecting creation .. and causing fragmentation.

The perception of alternate worlds, and alternate selves living in those worlds yet connected to yourself as being "the same person" is a result of sin, so distortion of that perception is inevitable.

A physicist Frank J Tippler talked about it. He said that there are other universes, but we only have access to information in this universe. Only one at a time.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
In a Christian perspective, the concept of multiple universes (when God only created one) is a result of sin infecting creation .. and causing fragmentation.
The Christian perspective —at least from the perspective of Orthodoxy— is that God is the only omnipotent creator. By definition, then, IF there are multiple universes, he created them all. Other than that, I'm not aware of Orthodoxy dealing with the question of the existence and nature of multiple universes.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have always loved the topic of parallel universes,

You might enjoy this

Does anyone here have a time in their life where something was slightly off or different

Occasionally I wake up and words are spelled slightly differently, which is annoying. Baz Luhrmann died during the filming of Mulan Rouge and the film had a small "in memory of" just before it started for him at the intro when I saw it in the theater. (in this world, so far as I know, he is still alive and kicking) An 18th century church got replaced by an 18th century glassworks on the road I grew up on.

Small stuff. Doesn't happen often, I just move along.

One time, during a poker hand, my hole cards got switched (and they were winning cards... until I showed them!). That sucked! Pretty sure the other guy at the table, the one who was pretending to be drunk and insane and tilting everyone while taking their chips had something to do with that though.

If you try to go to a different one, you are just going to be bumping the concsiousness of another you out and into the next adjacent one, and another you is going to get sucked into the consciousness vacumm you left behind in this one and *all* of the yous' are just going to wind up being slightly confused through no fault of their own. So, it's best to stay put I think and do your best here. Of course, that doesn't stop it from happening since some of yous' might not agree with this and when any of them don't they are taking the consciousnesses of all of them along for a ride to a slightly different place whether they signed up for it or not.

It's annoying but I've gotten used to it.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
You might enjoy this

Occasionally I wake up and words are spelled slightly differently, which is annoying. Baz Luhrmann died during the filming of Mulan Rouge and the film had a small "in memory of" just before it started for him at the intro when I saw it in the theater. (in this world, so far as I know, he is still alive and kicking) An 18th century church got replaced by an 18th century glassworks on the road I grew up on.

Small stuff. Doesn't happen often, I just move along.

One time, during a poker hand, my hole cards got switched (and they were winning cards... until I showed them!). That sucked! Pretty sure the other guy at the table, the one who was pretending to be drunk and insane and tilting everyone while taking their chips had something to do with that though.

If you try to go to a different one, you are just going to be bumping the concsiousness of another you out and into the next adjacent one, and another you is going to get sucked into the consciousness vacumm you left behind in this one and *all* of the yous' are just going to wind up being slightly confused through no fault of their own. So, it's best to stay put I think and do your best here. Of course, that doesn't stop it from happening since some of yous' might not agree with this and when any of them don't they are taking the consciousnesses of all of them along for a ride to a slightly different place whether they signed up for it or not.

It's annoying but I've gotten used to it.
There is a Christian his name is Howard Storm who experienced Jesus showing him about other universes in a near death Experience.

I feel as though i may have stayed in the same universe or just jumped a couple times in life as most things are the same. That being said i do believe it is possible for one God to create multiple universes and the amount of evidence for people jumping on no decision of their own except that they exist is really interesting.

Thanks for sharing your experiences i really appreciate your genuine response :)

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think parallel universes exist. Jesus died once and for all. So how did Jesus die on this Earth but also on another Earth?
i hear you but with that logic you're limiting God who created all things and can be everywhere at once to only being able to exist in one Universe. Jesus can be everywhere at once i do not limit the possibility that he could have existed in other universes and still be the same one God.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't think parallel universes exist. Jesus died once and for all. So how did Jesus die on this Earth but also on another Earth?
Might want to read CS Lewis Space Trilogy. Jesus didn't need to die on the other planets. Don't know if I agree with him on that, but it is a fun speculation.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Christian perspective —at least from the perspective of Orthodoxy— is that God is the only omnipotent creator. By definition, then, IF there are multiple universes, he created them all. Other than that, I'm not aware of Orthodoxy dealing with the question of the existence and nature of multiple universes.
That's because a world caused by sin would only be of value to the occult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
We can't just say that the idea of multiple universes is a result of sin without any actual reference. And if that is the case there are a lot of worldly sources denying the existence of multiple universes, so why would they deny it if it was of value to them? Jesus says a kingdom divided cannot stand

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
What is "a world caused by sin". You mean a world God created that has been corrupted, or do you mean a world that sin has created, or what?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
We can't just say that the idea of multiple universes is a result of sin without any actual reference. And if that is the case there are a lot of worldly sources denying the existence of multiple universes, so why would they deny it if it was of value to them? Jesus says a kingdom divided cannot stand
So a universe divided wouldn't stand either.

The creation account records God creating one universe.

Any distortion of that, is a result of sin.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What is "a world caused by sin". You mean a world God created that has been corrupted, or do you mean a world that sin has created, or what?
More in relation to Romans 8:20, the creation was subjected to all sorts of frustration because Adam introduced sin into it.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
More in relation to Romans 8:20, the creation was subjected to all sorts of frustration because Adam introduced sin into it.
So by "world caused by sin" you mean the status of the world, post Adam, pre new-Heaven-and-Earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So by "world caused by sin" you mean the status of the world, post Adam, pre new-Heaven-and-Earth.
There is only one universe created by God in the beginning. In the beginning the whole thing was seen as good to God.

If there are more universes now, it is because of 1) a fragmentation of general perception (in this scenario, it's not real - we're just incomplete) 2) the universe was affected by sin in a manner that caused alternate timelines and alternate earths and alternate versions of people to exist at the same time.

It's the conspiracy theory subforum, so it's not like it needs to be thought about too deeply.

However, with option 2, this is not supported by God's movements during the era of the prophets. When a human commits a sin, God does not erase one timeline and start a new one until people get it right .. so it's pretty safe to say that this is not a thing.

However, a timetravel event did occur on the mount of transfiguration .. however, this more likely is related to God existing outside of time, and making it happen as a one-off event to prove who Jesus is to the apostles present.

So option 1, where it is our own matrix of perception that has become distorted due to the influence of sin .. is actually fairly biblical.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟398,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
There is only one universe created by God in the beginning. In the beginning the whole thing was seen as good to God.

If there are more universes now, it is because of 1) a fragmentation of general perception (in this scenario, it's not real - we're just incomplete) 2) the universe was affected by sin in a manner that caused alternate timelines and alternate earths and alternate versions of people to exist at the same time.

It's the conspiracy theory subforum, so it's not like it needs to be thought about too deeply.

However, with option 2, this is not supported by God's movements during the era of the prophets. When a human commits a sin, God does not erase one timeline and start a new one until people get it right .. so it's pretty safe to say that this is not a thing.

However, a timetravel event did occur on the mount of transfiguration .. however, this more likely is related to God existing outside of time, and making it happen as a one-off event to prove who Jesus is to the apostles present.

So option 1, where it is our own matrix of perception that has become distorted due to the influence of sin .. is actually fairly biblical.
Don't you believe that rather than a time travel the saints that visited Jesus were from Heaven?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Don't you believe that rather than a time travel the saints that visited Jesus were from Heaven?
The people present disappeared in a way so no one could find them.

It is entirely possible that when God hid them, He created a place for them to appear before taking them home.

The appearance of Elijah and Moses was quite brief after all.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,955.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How can anyone know it was a time travel event? Are you suggesting God took Moses and Elijah out of their time period and brought them to the future. Why couldn't it be just where their spirits were at the then present time they were just made to appear?

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0