United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
so I heard on the radio the other day by papa roach called “falling apart” and the more I listened to it, it seemed like he was talking about him falling apart but God came to save him. I went home and looked up the meaning of the song and sure enough the song was talking about God rescuing him. I know he’s a Christian but do you think we’ll hear more songs like that from them? I applaud jacoby shaddix for speaking about his faith. I know it’s hard to do that in this world when you’re a singer.

the iconoclast

Atheism is weak. Yep, I said it
Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
so I heard on the radio the other day by papa roach called “falling apart” and the more I listened to it, it seemed like he was talking about him falling apart but God came to save him. I went home and looked up the meaning of the song and sure enough the song was talking about God rescuing him. I know he’s a Christian but do you think we’ll hear more songs like that from them? I applaud jacoby shaddix for speaking about his faith. I know it’s hard to do that in this world when you’re a singer.

Wow thats really cool. I found out recently that bring me to life is a christian song and so is kravitz are you gonna go my way

Upvote 0

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The song bring me to life is sung by evanescence and the lead singer from 12 stones Paul McCoy which is a Christian band. It’s kinda funny how you see God in singer’s lives and how they can write their experiences in a song. I shouldn’t b shocked but some non Christian bands I’ve listened to mention God and idk it just shocks me and makes me feel happy. maybe I’m the only one. I know this topic is in the wrong section to so sorry about that

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I had to go research as well based on your comments, because while I know the song and had thoughts that a Christian artist could have written those lyrics, I did not think Jacoby was Christian. My son and I saw Papa Roach in April, and the crude comments and f-bombs were still flying - definitely not approaching being a Christian in a secularly successful rock band the same way Skillet or Beartooth or TFK do it. I'm not casting any doubt on his faith, just saying I was surprised. Thinking about FEAR and Crooked Teeth, without really looking at them, I do think perhaps they are thematically and lyrically different from a lot of the earlier stuff.

Linked video because it's kind of cool, if a bit morbid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Manvswld

Dec 19, 2018
Lake Travis TX
✟15,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

Manvswld

Dec 19, 2018
Lake Travis TX
✟15,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard “Born for Greatness” in the gym on a Flyleaf Pandora station I created, without looking I thought it was Manafest but was blown away it was PR. I heard and sensed God in the song and had to dig further when I got home. I was amazed to discover his story and faith. I still hear it in their music but yea the profanity and some of that is off putting but I believe he is a work in progress. We have pray for folks like him that come to faith and have the platform they have. They aren’t theologians, they are encountering God, He is using them, they won’t be perfect but they are visible, so pray that the light of Jesus in them is stronger than the light of the world that is on them.

Upvote 0