Tariel

Reader-Writer-Editor
Apr 25, 2005
✟68,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mr. I-Can't-Wait-Until-My-Book-Comes-Out-In-September-to-tell-everybody-what-happens-in-my-novel-as-if-the-plot-wasn't-obvious-enough
has struck again. On his website, there is an announcement about something that will happen in book three. Since he already gave away the ending in an interview, I clicked on it.

Oh, and some good news ^_^ [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From his website: "Once the Inheritance cycle is finished, Christopher plans to take a long vacation...."

Thank goodness. Maybe he'll grow up a little before he writes anything else.
[/FONT]

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Master of Spoilers Paolini said:
In Brisingr, book 3 of the Inheritance Cycle, Eragon will meet a god.

Hmm....who could it be? I have a feeling this "god" will give Eragon even more powers than he already has--as if being the best at everything wasn't good enough...

Upvote 0

sunstruckdream

Simply fantastical!
Oct 9, 2005
✟15,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You know, I may not be published at this point, but if/when I become so, I'm not going to be publishing novel-spoilers on the internet.

Anyone else fail to see the point in this? I mean, I guess in SOME cases it could pique interest, but you can do that without spoilers...in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Doubtless

my life is entr'acte...
Feb 21, 2007
Ask me again in twenty minutes.
✟8,066.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys. :wave: Been away for a while, but when I saw this topic, I just knew I had to post. ;)

Brisingr ... means fire ... what an original name for a book.

Meet a god ... in a fantasy book ... :scratch: ... Paolini must be excited.

Anyone but me have the feeling Paolini doesn't know what he's doing? :confused:

I thought about reading book 3, just to actually have been able to have read something again (I haven't read a fictional book in over three months :eek: ), but then I realized:

Crime never pays.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have any of you read the back cover plot synopsis for Brisingr? Apparently there's "one devastating death" *crosses fingers for Arya* and conflict. It's also "Rich with a thoughtful examination of Eragon's maturing psyche."
If it's Roran's "devastating death" I will go burn some cities. Or laugh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm just kind of hung up on the "maturing" part because apparently, Paolini's idea of having a character mature is as follows:

Step 1: Have mentor die.
Step 2: Have character fight in battle.
Step 3: Say that aftermath of said battle doesn't affect character. Never mind that this is his first time seeing so much carnage and there are some people who can't even look at a (fake) picture of a decapitated chupacabra without having the image haunt their dreams--and these are people who've seen Passion of the Christ and Batman Begins, which are heavy on the blood and violence, respectively.
Step 4: Have character contemplate vegetarianism.
Step 5: Show character naked people. Never mind that character is 15 and seeing two naked elvish girls....well, you get the picture.

Congratulations! Your character is now mature.

Reactions: Tariel
Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sounds remarkably like "How to make the ultimate teenage boy" to me. But as the local Paolini optimist, I'm seriously hoping for some thing good out of this, one out my sincere hopes was that his next book would show a maturity further from that of "Oh! I would like SOOO do that! Next Chapter, Eragon does!" I'm hoping maybe old Chris finally got a little more mature. If not...yeah...

On other notes, I heard that when asked about his diet (Paolini, not Eragon's) he answered "I'm not vegetarian, but I lean that way.". Wow, how "art kid" does that make him sound?!

Seriously, you LEAN that way? So you what, eat burgers on THURSDAYS? And OCCASIONALLY eating animals is better than OFTEN eating them HOW?

Yeesh boy, grow up, be a man, eat beef.

Upvote 0