• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Panentheism (not Pantheism) is completely Biblical

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Uriah123, Nov 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uriah123

Uriah123 Member

+18
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I personally subscribe to constitutive micropsychism however Panentheism (not pantheism) is completely Biblical due to the Christian notion that God is everywhere.

What is my reason for addressing this? Christians some times frown on using pan-psychism as proof of that there is an extra-natural or super-natural entity out there.

first i want to get one thing out of the way
    Every Christian should be familiar with "the emergentism problem". Panprotopsychism (a "bad" form of pan-psychism that would solve the emergentism problem") lines up with materialism but i do not believe Panprotopsychism is valid due to what William James said about "the emergentism problem". I have also my own way of reiterating what he said if you want me to summarize it and what i said about it is somewhat based on the writings of Spinoza. I haven't read alot of what William James said. Spinoza did not seem to conform to Panprotopsychism. Since many of us believe the chief enemy of Jesus Christ exists, it is certainly possible that enemy came up with panprotopsychism.
    I believe the final anti-christ will use pan-psychism as a stepping stone to produce the final world-wide religion before Jesus Christ comes and destroys the New World Order (or the future derivative of the New World Order).

The best lie is hidden in 99 truths. Liars often put truths into their lies to hide the lies. I believe pan-psychism points people to the fact that there are extra-natural or super-natural emotional entities (God or angels).

Pan-psychism produces truth or in its self is a truth. Either way.

Evil People often use truths to get People to believe lies. The best lie is hidden in 99 truths.

In short understanding pan-psychism is important for apologetics.

Daniel chapter 11 and 12 says that in the last days there will be People who have understanding.

Below is a brief description of panentheism (not pantheism):

• While pantheism asserts that "all is God", panentheism claims that God is greater than the universe. Some versions of panentheism suggest that the universe is nothing more than the manifestation of God. In addition, some forms indicate that the universe is contained within God,[2] like in the Kabbalah concept of tzimtzum. Also much Hindu thought is highly characterized by panentheism and pantheism.[3][4] The basic tradition however, on which Krause's concept was built, seems to have been Neoplatonic philosophy and its successors in Western philosophy and Orthodox theology. -wikipedia
    • _______________
    • Now below i'll post what constitutive micropsychism is:
    • Panpsychism is the view that consciousness is fundamental and ubiquitous. The most promising form of panpsychism is constitutive panpsychism, which we can define as follows: Constitutive panpsychism – Organic consciousness, that is to say the consciousness we pretheoretically associate with humans and other animals, is not fundamental, but is grounded in a more fundamental form of consciousness which is ubiquitous throughout nature.1 Constitutive panpsychism is most commonly construed as a ‘bottom-up’ view: Micropsychism – All facts – including the facts about organic consciousness – are grounded in consciousness-involving facts at the micro-level.
    • ____________________

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli ~□~

+3,065
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Very interesting. I never thought of the distinction of there being two ways of looking at it. Thanks.

3. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,380
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    How about receiving these things with words that most people understand and also explain what the issues are.

4. Uriah123

Uriah123 Member

+18
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    You must be new to these forums. Smart People recognize that other People are intelligent. Treating People like they are dumb is a bigger sin in this modern age than allowing them to use bing and google. Modern People like to learn new things. get with the club.

5. Noxot

Noxot God is our neighbor Supporter

+2,313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I thought he did Define he what he was talking about and I'm glad he did because this phone sucks.

6. ewq1938

ewq1938 When something is "mind bottling" Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Op thread closure.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.