• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pains galore. Physical and Mental. Help each other here.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So many people with pains. Both mental and physical.

I am one.

• I suffer with my lower back. Bulging discs, prolapse discs, squeezed nerves.
  • Bad right knee.
  • Extreme burning when sitting on lower part of butt and upper rear legs
  • Anxiety and depression
  • Pain in left knuckles
  • Pain on right forearm

So, quite a few I guess. I am 54 tomorrow too. Lol

Pain can be so so depressing. Sitting down with a burning butt is so horrible. Yes, been to docs, taken meds, tried various supplements etc, nothing. One doc said it could be linked to my lower back problems. I work. So standing hurts. Sitting hurts.

People, let's make this a thread where we can all come to vent our pains and try and comfort each other. Even knowing that you are not alone. Been suffering for many years. Especially my lower back.

I have asked God to give me strength to suffer for love of Him. For the conversion of sinners. If i have to suffer then please God, give me strength to suffer for love of you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I am one.

• Bad right knee.
  • Anxiety and depression
  • Pain in left knuckles
  • Pain on right forearm

Pain can be so so depressing. Sitting down with a burning butt is so horrible. Yes, been to docs, taken meds, tried various supplements etc, nothing. One doc said it could be linked to my lower back problems. I work. So standing hurts. Sitting hurts.

People, let's make this a thread where we can all come to vent our pains and try and comfort each other. Even knowing that you are not alone. Been suffering for many years. Especially my lower back.

I have asked God to give me strength to suffer for love of Him. For the conversion of sinners. If i have to suffer then please God, give me strength to suffer for love of you.
I thank God for you and your faithfulness in your love for him. Be assured that he doesn't want you to suffer.
I pray for you for healing, for wisdom for the doctors, and also for the peace and strength of the Lord, in Jesus name

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am one.

• Bad right knee.
  • Anxiety and depression
  • Pain in left knuckles
  • Pain on right forearm

Have you considered going to the meetings of those who believe God heals today under the touch and prayers of His children? I promise you that I have prayed for people and watched them get healed AFTER I used to believe the false doctrines about that being fake and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit at ceased to be given. I never charged a dime and I often prayed for people in supermarkets who didn't necessarily believe anything was going to happen. But, I also prayed for people who were healed in places that they continued to see me and I can tell you they were healed for a long time.

If you are suffering from pain, what do you have to lose by believing God still does what He did through Peter, John, Stephen, Phillip, etc, in the Scriptures?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

I am one.

• Bad right knee.
  • Anxiety and depression
  • Pain in left knuckles
  • Pain on right forearm

I think some pain is the result of people driving themselves too hard.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

No, back hurting. I have problems there plus burning on read upper legs. Spoke to doc on phone. Said take ibuprofen daily. I need to go see him I think.

• Prayers
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
No, back hurting. I have problems there plus burning on read upper legs. Spoke to doc on phone. Said take ibuprofen daily. I need to go see him I think.
Yes, but fatigue can sometimes cause problems in our bodies.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but fatigue can sometimes cause problems in our bodies.

Very true indeed. I am fatigued yes. Always tired and worn out, even after sleep at night.

I do have bulging discs though and compressed nerves.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Very true indeed. I am fatigued yes. Always tired and worn out, even after sleep at night.

I do have bulging discs though and compressed nerves.
I think fatigue can aggravate bulging discs and compressed nerves. I am not a doctor, but I injured my back once and had some problems for a while.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think fatigue can aggravate bulging discs and compressed nerves. I am not a doctor, but I injured my back once and had some problems for a while.

I agree. I need rest. Proper rest. Lots of stresses in life at the moment too.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

I am one.

• Bad right knee.
  • Anxiety and depression
  • Pain in left knuckles
  • Pain on right forearm

When reading your post I thought you were talking about me:) For years I have had excruciating pain in my back at the waist line where walking or standing made it impossible. I decided to take the easy road from the bed to a chair. Can you imagine what that has done to my body over at least ten years? It has ruined my health and now I hurt everywhere. I have lost most muscle tone and imagine that my muscles have atrophied. I went to doctors but ended up with PA;s that didn't know what they were doing or docs that didn't care so I have had nothing but tylenol which is pretty useless. If I had any advice it would be to NOT resort to the path of least pain as it effects the rest of you adversely. I am sorry that I can't help with your pain or mine. Losing strength in my legs and arms seem to be the worst on my body than anything. The pain is still in my back the same but now there is just more in other places. To bad one doesn't offset the other, lol. Some have suggested the classes that teach to learn to live with pain. Most answers require walking even going to a doc which just causes more pain. I have learned what my thorn is. In all, I can thank God that I am still here in my old age but I am waiting for the day with joy when there will be no more. God bless you all and know that I am empathizing with you sincerely! I will pray for an answer for you all!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Burning sounds like nerve pain, maybe a pinched nerve? I hope you have found an answer and are feeling better.
Blessings

• Friendly
Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My daughter has a tracheostomy. This morning when we woke up we realised the thing was obstructed so I called the doctor. Prayers needed as she undergoes a procedure to help her breathe easy again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My daughter has a tracheostomy. This morning when we woke up we realised the thing was obstructed so I called the doctor. Prayers needed as she undergoes a procedure to help her breathe easy again.
Prayers! :crosseo:

Upvote 0