• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pain has been really bad today

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been in a lot of pain this week, and today it was very bad. I had my injection in my back last week but right now it seems like they didn't do much good. I am hoping for better days soon.
But in addition my Fibromyalgia has kicked in as well and i feel like my whole body hurts. I have been online just to keep my mind occupied and keep it off the pain as much as I can.
I am so weary of this; so very tired of it. This morning when I woke up the pain was enough to make me cry out several times. I took my meds and waited for it to ease up. It didn't. Very bad morning. I think I missed some meds yesterday and that may be the problem, at least i hope it is and this is not going to be an everyday thing. My pain this morning was about at #6 which for me is pretty high. The fibro pain is about a 3 or 4.
I am very tired. Please pray for me. I may ask for prayer on the prayer wall too. I don't know.

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's understandable why you are weary and tired, dear one. Is there the possibility of your church elders praying in person and anointing you? i always wanted Jesus gift of healing, but I do not have it. But I know others have this gift though usually they do not desire to be known.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's understandable why you are weary and tired, dear one. Is there the possibility of your church elders praying in person and anointing you? i always wanted Jesus gift of healing, but I do not have it. But I know others have this gift though usually they do not desire to be known.

Since we moved from my home town we do not have a church. I was bedridden for so long I never went and found a church and still have not. It's a long story that involves my husband and a church betrayal that happened to us in our home town. Dont want to get into it. So, no there is nobody.

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since we moved from my home town we do not have a church. I was bedridden for so long I never went and found a church and still have not. It's a long story that involves my husband and a church betrayal that happened to us in our home town. Dont want to get into it. So, no there is nobody.
Ok, i don't have one either. If I ever am given the ability I will try to find another church. I know about church betrayal, that is why I always point to a relationship with Jesus first, as a solid foundation...then church afterwards. if we don't know His Truth then how can we judge if what a Pastor, Teacher, Evangelist, or Prophet says is true???

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, i don't have one either. If I ever am given the ability I will try to find another church. I know about church betrayal, that is why I always point to a relationship with Jesus first, as a solid foundation...then church afterwards. if we don't know His Truth then how can we judge if what a Pastor, Teacher, Evangelist, or Prophet says is true???

I know what you mean. People disappoint us, too but God is always there no matter what. After all the church is made up of people and we are imperfect souls all of us. I did like having fellowship when we were in our old church though. I mostly watch tv preachers and such now. Or come here and talk to CF folks now. It has been a blessing to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greatfull

Aug 31, 2007
✟8,839.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have been in a lot of pain this week, and today it was very bad. I had my injection in my back last week but right now it seems like they didn't do much good. I am hoping for better days soon.
But in addition my Fibromyalgia has kicked in as well and i feel like my whole body hurts. I have been online just to keep my mind occupied and keep it off the pain as much as I can.
I am so weary of this; so very tired of it. This morning when I woke up the pain was enough to make me cry out several times. I took my meds and waited for it to ease up. It didn't. Very bad morning. I think I missed some meds yesterday and that may be the problem, at least i hope it is and this is not going to be an everyday thing. My pain this morning was about at #6 which for me is pretty high. The fibro pain is about a 3 or 4.
I am very tired. Please pray for me. I may ask for prayer on the prayer wall too. I don't know.
Heavenly Father please help zippy2 with his/her pain. Provide something for her to help. I too have neck and back chronic pain but for the most part it is under control with meds. G_d be with you. Amen.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heavenly Father please help zippy2 with his/her pain. Provide something for her to help. I too have neck and back chronic pain but for the most part it is under control with meds. G_d be with you. Amen.
Thank you Greatfull. (and yes I am a she) I am currently undergoing periodic shots in my back for my pain and it seems to be helping very much most days. But I am convinced that the fervent prayers of many like you have been heard by the Lord in these matters. Again, thank you and may He richly bless you.

Upvote 0

Greatfull

Aug 31, 2007
✟8,839.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Greatfull. (and yes I am a she) I am currently undergoing periodic shots in my back for my pain and it seems to be helping very much most days. But I am convinced that the fervent prayers of many like you have been heard by the Lord in these matters. Again, thank you and may He richly bless you.
You know zippy I have prayed many times for healing and others have prayed also and G_d has a reason(s) for allowing this ailment to stay with me. For sure it has forced me to lean on Him more than if I was without it. I have almost forgotten what it was like when I didn't have this pain. It must be about five years now but I have a feeling it is probably more. I have had to learn to live with this. The meds work but I have to be careful. Just because I don't feel pain when the meds are working doesn't mean it's healed. I want to do things but have to be careful not to make it worse, then I will have to get stronger meds and I don't want to do that. It is not wonder that I am hoping the Rapture comes soon. One thing I have learned about pain, one has to take the meds that work. It is very difficult to live with continuous pain that does not let up. Don't be afraid to let your doctor know what your pain level is. It has to be a level you can live with. Here is another prayer for you.....Heavenly Father please help zippy with her pain management. Help the doctors to provide what is needed. Amen.

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Zippy,
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this kind of thing here but this is my way of providing support so here goes.

Did you know there is observational evidence that bee keepers don't develop arthritis? There's something in the bee venom that sort of prevents it. In fact, this phenomenon is so well known in medical circles that there have been studies on it.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50602

Here's one from the governments National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18807725

I post this information for your review on the chance that you might at least get some use from it.

I wish you well and hope you're able to manage and decrease your pain. Stay strong!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Sorry--trust me--I so understand. I was in so much pain from fibro, degenerative discs in back and neck and diabetic neuropathy that I just plain gave up. About all I could do was pray for God to end this. Then He touched the heart of a friend of my husband, he didn't even know me, and the man gave us $500.00--with no payback--so I could get on Medical marijuana--It's not for everyone, I've had a good experience with it for about a year and a half, except for so much money going out. I can't smoke it, I cook it in a crockpot and drink it. It brought the pain from an average of 7-8 with 6-8 tramadol to 3-4 with 4 tramadol. It changed me back to more myself. I do not get high. Last few days I've been cramping bad--at times have had to bury my face in a pillow to drown out the screams so the neighbors don't think I'm being beaten up and call the cops!---I have to go on the computer and do the solitaire to help control the pain, I can only handle the one suit game, more than that becomes stressful instead. It has something to do with numbers and using a different part of the brain, but it helps numb the brain---and hot foods also help(chili hot that is) The hotter the better, helps kick in your own endorphins. The worst part is always when trying to get some sleep, no way of distracting the mind and then the stupid pain starts in. Being in pain 24/7 is very fatiguing. I am a happy person by nature but this can get you down. I try to never let it--at least not for long. And I keep thanking God for all the blessings He has given me and pray for the strength to cope with everything. Thankfully, I have an understanding husband, and he has health issues also. We do our best to prop each other up, keep up with the house and take care of our 2 dogs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know zippy I have prayed many times for healing and others have prayed also and G_d has a reason(s) for allowing this ailment to stay with me. For sure it has forced me to lean on Him more than if I was without it. I have almost forgotten what it was like when I didn't have this pain. It must be about five years now but I have a feeling it is probably more. I have had to learn to live with this. The meds work but I have to be careful. Just because I don't feel pain when the meds are working doesn't mean it's healed. I want to do things but have to be careful not to make it worse, then I will have to get stronger meds and I don't want to do that. It is not wonder that I am hoping the Rapture comes soon. One thing I have learned about pain, one has to take the meds that work. It is very difficult to live with continuous pain that does not let up. Don't be afraid to let your doctor know what your pain level is. It has to be a level you can live with. Here is another prayer for you.....Heavenly Father please help zippy with her pain management. Help the doctors to provide what is needed. Amen.

Thank you Greatfull, for your prayers and for the good advice. I agree and know that what you said is true as I found it to be also. When I overdo it I have to tone it back and get real myself and remind myself that the relief is just the meds and not a cure. But I am oh so thankful for the reprieve. People have no idea what it is like to live with continuous pain and how miraculous it seems when it stops or improves.
I have had my pain to some degree for 5 or 6 years and like you I think it might be more. It didnt just one day start; wasnt an injury or anything, but more gradual. Some of it is damaged discs, some is arthritis and some is nerve damage and fibromyalgia. Anyway, again thank you for the prayers and I pray your pain is manageable.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry--trust me--I so understand. I was in so much pain from fibro, degenerative discs in back and neck and diabetic neuropathy that I just plain gave up. About all I could do was pray for God to end this. Then He touched the heart of a friend of my husband, he didn't even know me, and the man gave us $500.00--with no payback--so I could get on Medical marijuana--It's not for everyone, I've had a good experience with it for about a year and a half, except for so much money going out. I can't smoke it, I cook it in a crockpot and drink it. It brought the pain from an average of 7-8 with 6-8 tramadol to 3-4 with 4 tramadol. It changed me back to more myself. I do not get high. Last few days I've been cramping bad--at times have had to bury my face in a pillow to drown out the screams so the neighbors don't think I'm being beaten up and call the cops!---I have to go on the computer and do the solitaire to help control the pain, I can only handle the one suit game, more than that becomes stressful instead. It has something to do with numbers and using a different part of the brain, but it helps numb the brain---and hot foods also help(chili hot that is) The hotter the better, helps kick in your own endorphins. The worst part is always when trying to get some sleep, no way of distracting the mind and then the stupid pain starts in. Being in pain 24/7 is very fatiguing. I am a happy person by nature but this can get you down. I try to never let it--at least not for long. And I keep thanking God for all the blessings He has given me and pray for the strength to cope with everything. Thankfully, I have an understanding husband, and he has health issues also. We do our best to prop each other up, keep up with the house and take care of our 2 dogs.

Thank you for the comments. I too have an understanding husband and he is such a blessing...and I gotcha beat ,,,,I have 5 poodles! I must be crazy!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for the comments. I too have an understanding husband and he is such a blessing...and I gotcha beat ,,,,I have 5 poodles! I must be crazy!

Yup!!--It's getting so very hard to bathe these 2 and we can't afford to have them groomed. 5 would kill us!!

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yup!!--It's getting so very hard to bathe these 2 and we can't afford to have them groomed. 5 would kill us!!
Tell me about it. My husband still bathes and clips our poodles, otherwise we would go broke on grooming fees alone. What happened is our poodle had 4 babies with the neighbor poodle and we never could give them away, so we ended up with the pack. Lets just say it has been interesting! They are very small though, so it could be worse I guess.

Upvote 0