Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I heard in a video that some people experience depression, pain and heavy sorrow when they are under spiritual attack, even if saved, as do I in either case.

How can one fight this as I am like salm 88 where everybody has left me and my company is darkness? I pray often. Do good deeds and try to be as good as I can but I find myself everyday, ready to implode and explode.

Can somebody shed some light as to why I'm in this pit of sorrow? "It ain't salvation if your still begging to be free", says the song.

Thanks.

newlightseven

In the confessional
Site Supporter
May 21, 2016
North Carolina
Visit site
✟46,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Keep praying, and doing good deeds in the name of Christ. When we are weak God is strong. He never promised that life would be easy as a matter of fact he says he who hates his life shall keep it to life eternal. And we are warned about not to be surprised at the fiery trial which is to try us.

Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're all sin-tainted living in a sinful world where Satan has his throne. That's why we experience spiritual attack. Because of the reality of this arrangement, God doesn't just make it all go away, but he uses it for our benefit in the long-term.

This verse comes to mind:
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (John 3:8, 1984 NIV)

While God won't make it stop completely, it can altered and reduced. You can (1) just ask God, (2) try to understand why it is happening, which usually has something to do with some sort of weakness in our character (we're all riddled with such weaknesses) and seek God's help to improve it, and (3) carry out the spiritual disciplines from our heart [I recommend fasting, since it only requires holding on instead of pushing forward].

Note that believing the truth sets you free from a particular form of spiritual attack. How to get to that place is a whole other story, though. Loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength is the key to everything. A simpler, easier-to-understand version of that could be stated as, obey the Lord no matter what. Besides the obvious (study Scripture, pray, ...), being willing to lean on other Christians makes a noticeable difference, as does acts of service to the "poor and widows" (and other such things). It's all some sort of consequence to keeping Jesus at the center of every day.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I heard in a video that some people experience depression, pain and heavy sorrow when they are under spiritual attack, even if saved, as do I in either case.

How can one fight this as I am like salm 88 where everybody has left me and my company is darkness? I pray often. Do good deeds and try to be as good as I can but I find myself everyday, ready to implode and explode.

Can somebody shed some light as to why I'm in this pit of sorrow? "It ain't salvation if your still begging to be free", says the song.

Thanks.

It does sound like you are depending on you for your salvation.
When you are ready for Jesus to take on the entire load
let Him know.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
let Him know.

Do you mean this?

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean this?

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

I just know what works. See answered prayer below.

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
let Him know.
How can I let him take up the entire load. Should I speak to Him all day. Is is wrong? How can I put my entire load on him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How can I let him take up the entire load. Should I speak to Him all day. Is is wrong? How can I put my entire load on him?
See Answered Prayer below for one technique.
God is holding each electron in it orbit.
He also has time for your concerns.

Upvote 0