• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pain and all its "wonderful" forms.

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Well...just posting the random stuff of what comes down the pike. feel free to share same.

Proverbs talks about the righteous man sees to the needs of his animals. We have 3 cats, all rescues of one form or t'other. This week I learned:sadd: how to give a cat an I V drip...fun. kidney failure and this will only give her a little more time with us...seems small in the sea of pain the world experiences but I can't help wonder if the creatures God has encharged to our keeping will be around in eternity...I know the theological answer but...

My Jewish, non believing step dad took a nasty fall, fall is what took my mom away last summer, and Lord willing the snow coming in will not keep us from him this weekend.

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You talked about your cats and I would like to say....we have a little peekapoo and she is a joy and comfort to me since I spend so much time by myself. It's not always fun having to get up and take her out...but she is my constant companion. And even though recently I found out that I'm allergic to her (which I think I knew--just ignored)...she is so much like one of my children, I would never think of just getting rid of her. She sleeps with us and her favorite spot is up on my shoulder and lay across my chest with the covers up around her. (She has always been cold---so we get along well! :D) I've gotten her to make her howl or bark sound like "I love you"...its the cutes ever!
So if our pets could be in heaven....I think that would be a wonderful thing!! :D

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
My vet tells me its the saliva on the fur from cats washing that most ppl are allergic to...not sure about dogs but in the case of the cat it simply requires baths...oh, yea great fun but maybe worth it.

My "pusakots" have always been near and dear...everytime one goes beyond it is a black day at the house. In the book All Creatures Great and Small the vet/author talks about the cycle of love and pain we experience with out furry companions and he discourages ppl from not replacing the lost pet but simply accept the cycle for what it is and give thanks for the love and time with the animals we share our lives with.

Upvote 0