Boston,Ma.
✟7,789.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I grew up with this knowledge that Padre Pio:priest: , was a healing Priest , and Jesus was our savior , and Jesus was the son of God,:thumbsup: so , I worhship all of them , Incuding Mother Mary , ete.,:prayer: You know all the great people in the Bible , but I truly beleive Padre Pio did heal the sick , Believed in God and so on , I just think we forget some of the great one's and i am not going to argue with anyone about this:) , so help me as a new person to this site understand , Why Padre Pio was never talked about :holy: I know this raises alot of questions :confused: so be gentle with me . :crossrc: I am only trying to learn:sigh: God Bless you all:clap:

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Sis,
Yes this is my sister Carla, who joined recently and she is Roman Catholic... made a mistake on her faith icon. lol

Carla,
Padre Pio is talked about a lot.. if you google is name, there are many, many sites about him. Padre Pio Foundation of America

You can learn a lot here in OBOB, there are many people here who can answer any question you have...

*ahem* Think we need NewMan99...

love ya Sis *hugz*
Marina

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi Carla,

Welcome to OBOB!

As to your post, yes, Padre Pio was a very holy and inspirational man, and he is a wonderful intercessor for all of us here on earth. However, it is important to remember that although we honour and respect the Saints, we offer our worship to God alone. I'm not sure if that is what you meant... but our choice of words is very important in this situation as many people can misunderstand what we actually believe. ;) :groupray:

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi Carolina, welcome, my post wouldn't go through when trying to keep your quote so we'll try again. First of all, you might want to clarify what you mean by worship all. We love our Blessed Mother and our family in Christ but we would never worship them. Worship belongs to God alone. Our blessed Mother and Padre Pio so do want to help us get closer to God with their prayers and intercession before the throne but they would be horrified if anybody would put them in the same place as God. God is God, divine and uncreated so he alone is to be worshipped, his family is always here for us so we ask them for their help and assistance. Perhaps you worded your post wrong but to clarify the Church would consider worship to anybody outside the Trinity to be heritical. Catholics are accuse by some protestants of doing such a thing which is blatantly false and would result in comdemnation by the Church as a heresy. I think its great if you have a devotion to our blessed Mother and the Saints, you just want to make sure how you present your faith because a protestant would take your statement as being a Catholic Church teaching which, of course, its not, God bless.

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
GraceInHim said:
Hi Sis,
Yes this is my sister Carla, who joined recently and she is Roman Catholic... made a mistake on her faith icon. lol

Carla,
Padre Pio is talked about a lot.. if you google is name, there are many, many sites about him. Padre Pio Foundation of America

You can learn a lot here in OBOB, there are many people here who can answer any question you have...

*ahem* Think we need NewMan99...

love ya Sis *hugz*
Marina
I remember Grace mentioning you might join us, that's great. Thanks, Grace for sharing our forum with others, God bless. I've mentioned this faith group to others, I don't know if there are out there lingering!:wave:

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Deb7777 said:
I remember Grace mentioning you might join us, that's great. Thanks, Grace for sharing our forum with others, God bless. I've mentioned this faith group to others, I don't know if there are out there lingering!:wave:

your welcome, I use to be on here before under another name (ThankYouJesus)..

we have 8 sisters altogether and all Catholics (Roman) .. we did not follow the church much after our Grandmother left us.. she was the driving force so there is a lot of catching up to do.. our Mother does not speak english and she of course made Padre Pio our Patron Saint in the home, but of course Jesus came first.. and we never ever prayed to Statues.. so if anybody out there thinks that is what Catholics do, they are wrong..

thanks..:hug:

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
GraceInHim said:
your welcome, I use to be on here before under another name (ThankYouJesus)..

we have 8 sisters altogether and all Catholics (Roman) .. we did not follow the church much after our Grandmother left us.. she was the driving force so there is a lot of catching up to do.. our Mother does not speak english and she of course made Padre Pio our Patron Saint in the home, but of course Jesus came first.. and we never ever prayed to Statues.. so if anybody out there thinks that is what Catholics do, they are wrong..

thanks..:hug:
That's great, God bless your Grandmother and family. Padre Pio is beyond words, I have a picture of him in my dwelling place and everyday he here's from me, even if its just a quick, remember me!

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
When I was 15, I was given a book on Padre Pio...which lemme tell ya could scare the boogers off anyone. :sorry:
He was literally attacked by satan and ended up wounded and bruised by those attacks. It was also a frequent attack because satan was angry he stole so many souls from him.

Anyway, Padre Pio is now St Pio. :clap:

I am sure you understand worship vs Saintly intercession and what not.

Grace, Carolina...I have 8 kids in my family too. :D
I have three brothers so it is a wee bit different.

WELCOME CAROLINA..
been waiting for you to come on in.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Veritas_et_Puritas said:
Hi Carla,

Welcome to OBOB!

As to your post, yes, Padre Pio was a very holy and inspirational man, and he is a wonderful intercessor for all of us here on earth. However, it is important to remember that although we honour and respect the Saints, we offer our worship to God alone. I'm not sure if that is what you meant... but our choice of words is very important in this situation as many people can misunderstand what we actually believe. ;) :groupray:

I'm glad you clarified. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

carolinatauro

Feb 13, 2006
Boston,Ma.
✟7,789.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
WarriorAngel said:
When I was 15, I was given a book on Padre Pio...which lemme tell ya could scare the boogers off anyone. :sorry:
He was literally attacked by satan and ended up wounded and bruised by those attacks. It was also a frequent attack because satan was angry he stole so many souls from him.

Anyway, Padre Pio is now St Pio. :clap:

I am sure you understand worship vs Saintly intercession and what not.

Grace, Carolina...I have 8 kids in my family too. :D
I have three brothers so it is a wee bit different.

WELCOME CAROLINA..
been waiting for you to come on in.
Thak You , I haven't been on for the reason , I have cheerleading comepitition, and my Granddaughter got babtized, Thank Youonca again

Reactions: GraceInHim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GraceInHim

Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
carolinatauro said:
Thak You , I haven't been on for the reason , I have cheerleading comepitition, and my Granddaughter got babtized, Thank Youonca again

congrats Sis on Samantha's Baptism.:holy:

and I see your faith icon has changed :clap:

love ya:hug:
Marina

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.