Padre Peregrino: Earthly things (Parts 1 & 2)

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
**You are in the Catholic sub-forum, please be mindful of the congregational forum rules and post accordingly, in good faith.**

From Padre Peregrino aka Fr. Dave Nix's site/blog, he's posted two entries that are really good to chew on. I'm not sure if he intends to continue with a part three or four but it's nonetheless a good read and for times like these it's worth deeply considering.

Part 1 link: Earthly Things: Part 1

1) In the above video, Sean Hannity names numerous racist things that Joe Biden said starting at minute 3:30. This includes terms like “racial jungle” and “predators on our streets.” Biden even describes South Asians as having a “slight Indian Accent..at 7-11 or Dunkin’ Donuts.” This is not to mention Biden’s newest goof of telling a black radio host that unless he vote for him, “You ain’t black.” Of course, President Trump has never said anything remotely close to this racist (before or during his presidency. )

2) In the below tweet, I mention a medical fact that many young women in first world countries die of pulmonary embolisms and strokes each year, secondary to the oral contraceptive pill (not to mention that perhaps 1/10th of the time that contracepting women unite with their husband or boyfriend they eject a newly-formed human being, frequently called a zygote. This is an abortifacient as much as a contraceptive.)

Many more child-bearing aged women have died from strokes from the oral contraceptive than from the coronavirus.

— FrDave Nix (@FrDaveNix) June 30, 2020
https://twitter.com/FrDaveNix/status/1278076550026604548?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Part 2 link: Earthly Things Part 2: The Days of Lawlessness

Many prayerful Catholics have been noticing that much of 2 Thessalonians 2 seems to be materializing over the past few years. In fact, it seems prophesies from the Old Testament are being fulfilled. One older friend of mine who is a covert from evangelical Protestant to Catholic believes the “abomination of desolation” (Dan 9:27 and Mt 24:15) was the placement of the Martin Luther statute into the Vatican in October of 2016 (nearly four years ago):

Consider also how a priest friend of mine recently pointed out that 2 Thess 2:10 asserts that a group of people during a global “rebellion” will “refuse to love the truth and so be saved.” He and I were recently discussing how it’s not enough to love Jesus while rejecting the prophetic realities that are being unfurled before our eyes in 2020. In fact, since Jesus is the Truth (Jn 14:6) then we concluded that to reject the obvious scientific and political truths of 2020 may perhaps be even a dangerous move to one’s own salvation. It’s not that I am saying that Fox News is the key to salvation. But I do mean that that the Truth as found around us in days as prophetic and pre-apocalyptic as 2020 must be more than just an emotional connection to a kind Jesus of the past. We must recognize the Incarnational truth that is currently all around us. We must actively reject all agents of deceit.

Thoughts?