• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Packing Poor Sick Seniors Into Cars For Medical Appointments

glenninindy

May 14, 2019
NW Indiana
✟11,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What would you Christians do if you or a beloved friend or family member, who had no transportation to go to medical appointments, or cannot ride buses that go there, or afford taxi cabs, do if you had to ride in medicaid cars, with other sick people, who are packed in with you, coughing and talking? You are only trying to go to your doctor appointments or take needed tests and these private contractors, hired by medicaid, pack you into their cars, trying to get as many as possible in, not caring about the risk for your life during this awful pandemic. Meanwhile, the drivers are enclosed in plastic sheeting around them to protect themselves. What would you do to protect your own or their lives? What can you do? Complain? File a lawsuit? Please advise.

Last edited:

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First hing I'd do and probably you have, also is pray and sometimes that is all we can do, but it is not to say that it isn't much. Is may be the only thing we can do.but SGod is faithful to a faithful prayer.Apparently, you have no family or close friends nearby who can help. This where a church family really can help. Many will get a shut-in to and from services and also volunteers provide rides to appts, shopping, errands and such. Where do you live? State, to start? Oh, I see, NW, IN. My brother was born in that area. Were you talking about Dial-A-Ride in your complaining of the conditions? I know someone who volunteers for that. He gives rides to people like you for things like we are discussing. If I lived nearby I would volunteer to give you a ride, but I am half way up the w Coast of Mi.I will pray for your needs, Glen.

Upvote 0

glenninindy

May 14, 2019
NW Indiana
✟11,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First hing I'd do and probably you have, also is pray and sometimes that is all we can do, but it is not to say that it isn't much. Is may be the only thing we can do.but SGod is faithful to a faithful prayer.Apparently, you have no family or close friends nearby who can help. This where a church family really can help. Many will get a shut-in to and from services and also volunteers provide rides to appts, shopping, errands and such. Where do you live? State, to start? Oh, I see, NW, IN. My brother was born in that area. Were you talking about Dial-A-Ride in your complaining of the conditions? I know someone who volunteers for that. He gives rides to people like you for things like we are discussing. If I lived nearby I would volunteer to give you a ride, but I am half way up the w Coast of Mi.I will pray for your needs, Glen.

What about all the others who do not pray? Have a Church? Young and old? What about them? Wouldn't you tell someone to help you to fix this overcrowding of sick people in their cars during this contagious pandemic? Anybody else here knows someone who knows how to call for help? Any lawyers here? Anyone know one? Why should company's get away with putting already sick people's lives in danger this way?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would you Christians do if you or a beloved friend or family member, who had no transportation to go to medical appointments, or cannot ride buses that go there, or afford taxi cabs, do if you had to ride in medicaid cars, with other sick people, who are packed in with you, coughing and talking? You are only trying to go to your doctor appointments or take needed tests and these private contractors, hired by medicaid, pack you into their cars, trying to get as many as possible in, not caring about the risk for your life during this awful pandemic. Meanwhile, the drivers are enclosed in plastic sheeting around them to protect themselves. What would you do to protect your own or their lives? What can you do? Complain? File a lawsuit? Please advise.

Dear brother,
I understand that your condition frustrates you. Being angry only leads to evil. It is just better to pray that the blood of the Lamb of
God cover you.

As we have heard:
who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. -1 Peter 1:5

Just trust that God’s power will guard you and your loved ones.

Just take a precautionary approach to wear mask and glove and overcoat.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Are they alone in the world? Where are their friends and family?

I woud ask where was their Church, meaning the people who went to the same building every Sunday. When I attended a Church which split in the good way, planting a second church, I would have been confident that such transportation would heve been provided under similar circumstances in either of the two churches.

Upvote 0