• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pacemaker at 21

Jun 2, 2013
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

So, a little over a month ago I had surgery and had a pacemaker implanted. I have a condition called sinus node disease, where the sinus node of my heart - the hearts natural pacemaker - is broken. My heart stopped at least twice before they realized this was happening... I guess, the reason I'm posting is because I'm kind of hoping someone else has gone through something similar. I am struggling with the idea that we are all wonderfully made...but I was made broken? How is that right? I'm only 21 and I have the disease of the elderly...Everyone thinks I'm handling it better than I am. But God knows the truth. I know that the only reason I got through it was because He knew I needed the strength without me even asking. I just...don't understand how giving me a broken heart makes me wonderfully made... I feel like there was a huge oversight. :(

Any words of wisdom here?

wondrousgnat

Feb 27, 2013
Winfield Township
✟8,859.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actress Julie Benz from Modern Family had a pacemaker at age 23. She is doing well and had a couple of kids at around age 40.

I myself had a heart valve replaced at age 61 and my wife was surprised at how I didn't worry about it. And I have an aortic aneurisym which at 4.5 cm bares watching but may never need surgery.

Visit your doctor on a regular basis and watch your diet living a clean life and you should do OK.

Upvote 0