Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Every Dem should vote for the party candidate this fall.

I disagree. I believe that if the dem nominee is not the one a dem voter was hoping would be facing Trump in the general election, the voter should either stay home or vote for Trump as a protest vote. Or maybe just vote third party. That'll teach the DNC to pick the candidate you wanted. That would send them a powerful message for the 2024 election.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I disagree. I believe that if the dem nominee is not the one a dem voter was hoping would be facing Trump in the general election, the voter should either stay home or vote for Trump as a protest vote. Or maybe just vote third party. That'll teach the DNC to pick the candidate you wanted. That would send them a powerful message for the 2024 election.

It is impossible to be a Democrat and want Trump to win. If you don't vote for a Democrat, you want that horrible human being to win and love him to death.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is impossible to be a Democrat and want Trump to win. If you don't vote for a Democrat, you want that horrible human being to win and love him to death.

Are you saying that in order to be a democrat, we must hate Trump?
And here I was thinking the democrats were the party of tolerance, understanding, unity, inclusiveness and co-existence.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Aldebaran, the candidate will be chosen by the voters not the DNC. Any of the Dems (every last one of them) is much more preferable to Trump. We are going to teach the GOP for putting such a president on the American people.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that in order to be a democrat, we must hate Trump?
And here I was thinking the democrats were the party of tolerance, understanding, unity, inclusiveness and co-existence.
Only you say that. You don't have to hate Trump to vote against him. But the GOP despised Obama and Clinton. I wonder if the GOP are tolerant, understanding, inclusive, and for American values.

• Agree
Reactions: Silmarien
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Aldebaran, the candidate will be chosen by the voters not the DNC. Any of the Dems (every last one of them) is much more preferable to Trump. We are going to teach the GOP for putting such a president on the American people.

Strange how you try to correct me that it's the voters, and not the DNC that chooses their candidate, and then you predict that you'll be teaching the "GOP for putting such a president on the American people."

The GOP did no such thing. It was the voters who elected Trump as their nominee, and it was the voters who voted him into office, and it will be the voters who will vote him a second term.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Only you say that. You don't have to hate Trump to vote against him. But the GOP despised Obama and Clinton. I wonder if the GOP are tolerant, understanding, inclusive, and for American values.

I was responding to someone else who said:

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Strange how easy it is to correct you, because you are mistaken.

The GOP put Trump on the American people, and the party will be punished for it.

Only 77k voters in three states (where Trump is trailing now) voted Trump in.

More than 14mm voted against Trump than for him. So don't tell us that nonsense again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Strange how you try to correct me that it's the voters, and not the DNC that chooses their candidate, and then you predict that you'll be teaching the "GOP for putting such a president on the American people."

The GOP did no such thing. It was the voters who elected Trump as their nominee, and it was the voters who voted him into office, and it will be the voters who will vote him a second term.

If I were you, I’d blame the GOP instead. Then it’ll be easier to claim you weren’t responsible later.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Meh. I am a Democrat, and I vote third party half the time in presidential elections because I do not live in a swing state. Until the electoral college is abolished, contributing to the 5% of the popular vote necessary to get a third party public funding is the most meaningful thing I can do. The Democrats are never in any danger of losing New York.

Normally, I have to actually like a Democratic candidate to vote for them. Against Trump, I am willing to vote for any Democrat I do not outright disapprove of for the sake of solidarity, but there is a point at which I'll unabashedly go back to my third party voting strategy instead.

Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying that in order to be a Democrat, we must hate Trump?

And here I was thinking the Democrats were the party of tolerance, understanding, unity, inclusiveness and co-existence.

No, I am saying if you are a Democrat, you must vote for the Democratic nominee instead of a write-in or third party candidate so that person will get more votes than Donald Trump. If you vote for someone who is not on the ballot, that is one less vote for the Democratic nominee, which is necessary to defeat Trump in November. Notice I am not talking about New York; it is all about the national popular vote being good enough for the presidential candidate to not need help from the stupid EC.

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I am saying if you are a Democrat, you must vote for the Democratic nominee instead of a write-in or third party candidate so that person will get more votes than Donald Trump. If you vote for someone who is not on the ballot, that is one less vote for the Democratic nominee, which is necessary to defeat Trump in November. Notice I am not talking about New York; it is all about the national popular vote being good enough for the presidential candidate to not need help from the stupid EC.

But the popular vote doesn't actually matter, except as a moral victory. Even that moral victory wouldn't help us, because the GOP has clearly demonstrated that it does not actually care about democracy. If they believe that abolishing the electoral college will harm them, they will fight tooth and nail to maintain it.

If we want to get rid of the electoral college, at this point I think doing something crazy and having some Democrats in secure Republican states vote Republican to falsely inflate the popular vote in their favor while doing no harm to the electoral college would be a better strategy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Why not vote for whoever reflects your values rather than just someone who can supposedly defeat Trump? After all, whoever wins is the one you're stuck with for 4 years.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You wrote it: Are you saying that in order to be a democrat, we must hate Trump?

If I wrote it, then why does the quote show someone else's name on the post, hmmmm?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Strange how easy it is to correct you, because you are mistaken.

The GOP put Trump on the American people, and the party will be punished for it.

Only 77k voters in three states (where Trump is trailing now) voted Trump in.

More than 14mm voted against Trump than for him. So don't tell us that nonsense again.

I guess that makes me the GOP then, since I voted for him. And ya know what? I'm gonna do it again!
I await your punishment.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If I were you, I’d blame the GOP instead. Then it’ll be easier to claim you weren’t responsible later.

I don't mind admitting I voted for Trump. I'm also not afraid to tell everyone that I will vote for him again. I feel no need to hide behind "The GOP did it!"

Upvote 0