Visit site
✟7,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm going to tell you a story about P.O.D. I was living in Seattle around 2007 or 2008. I picked up this very cute hooker working on Pacific Highway South around 240th street. We went back to my hotel. She was 20 years old, and very cute. Let's forget about my history and my struggles for a moment because I don't feel like getting into it. To make a long story short, I asked her what the most money she ever made in one night was. She said this band in Las Vegas picked up her and another girl, and they split $60,000 when the left in the morning. She said they had a safe in the room with stacks of money in it. I asked her what the name of the band was, and she said, "Some band named POD".

I said, "P.O.D., they're suppossed to be a Christian band".

She said, "Well we never heard of them, but we were just lucky".

I then asked her what she did with the $30,000, and she said she bought a car with it, but that she had to get it changed into a check first because people would be suspicious of how she got the money if she didn't. She knew some people in Las Vegas that could do that for her.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

With dead memories in my heart
Jan 27, 2012
America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to tell you a story about P.O.D. I was living in Seattle around 2007 or 2008. I picked up this very cute hooker working on Pacific Highway South around 240th street. We went back to my hotel. She was 20 years old, and very cute. Let's forget about my history and my struggles for a moment because I don't feel like getting into it. To make a long story short, I asked her what the most money she ever made in one night was. She said this band in Las Vegas picked up her and another girl, and they split $60,000 when the left in the morning. She said they had a safe in the room with stacks of money in it. I asked her what the name of the band was, and she said, "Some band named POD".

I then asked her what she did with the $30,000, and she said she bought a car with it, but that she had to get it changed into a check first because people would be suspicious of how she got the money if she didn't. She knew some people in Las Vegas that could do that for her.

Wow! That is either an illusion or this story just gave me a even more burning passion against Christianity.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There's occultism in their album covers, and rastafarianism in their music.

Album covers are art. It doesn't matter what is really on it unless sex related etc. A Christian band can have Illuminati stuff on their album, but I am pretty postive their is meaning behind it, just like most albums. Except pop, rap, mainstream and the band Weezer (lol)

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Album covers are art. It doesn't matter what is really on it unless sex related etc. A Christian band can have Illuminati stuff on their album, but I am pretty postive their is meaning behind it, just like most albums. Except pop, rap, mainstream and the band Weezer (lol)

Yes it does matter, if it's obvious occultism.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And to use imagery to stay back from certain music is ridiculous.

No it's not. Music has strong spiritual influence and could be sinful, so one isn't to listen to any music.

The cover of P.O.D.s platinum selling album The Fundamental Elements of Southtown is covered with occult symbols. Notice the man sitting in the occult "lotus" position. The occult initiate believes the "lotus" position connects to the spiritual transcendence of oneness with god. Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience writes of the "lotus" position: "The most common sitting posture used in yoga and other forms of meditation. The position facilitates the flow of the universal life force through the top of the head and into the chakras." (Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience, p. 332)

P.O.D. clearly understand the spiritual significance of the lotus position, as the man is levitating on a cloud. Of course, the practice of levitation is a well known occult practice. Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience writes, "Levitations are said to occur in mediumship, shamanistic trance, mystical rapture and trance, magic, bewitchment, hauntings, and possession." (Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience, p. 327)

The Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult, classifies "levitation" as "occult; spiritualism and voodoo" (Mather, George A. and Larry Nichols, The Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult, p. 175)

There are many other occult images on the cover of The Fundamental Elements of Southtown album. In fact, because of the blatant occult influences covering The Fundamental Elements of Southtown album, many Christian bookstores totally banned the album.

MORE HERE: What about the P.O.D. Symbol?

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No it's not. Music has strong spiritual influence and could be sinful, so one isn't to listen to any music.
Yes "could be." However, its not to me.

The cover of P.O.D.s platinum selling album The Fundamental Elements of Southtown is covered with occult symbols. Notice the man sitting in the occult "lotus" position. The occult initiate believes the "lotus" position connects to the spiritual transcendence of oneness with god. Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience writes of the "lotus" position: "The most common sitting posture used in yoga and other forms of meditation. The position facilitates the flow of the universal life force through the top of the head and into the chakras." (Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience, p. 332)
So yoga is of the devil now? I don't care if hes standing upside down on his head. Christians would say its a drunk man then.

P.O.D. clearly understand the spiritual significance of the lotus position, as the man is levitating on a cloud. Of course, the practice of levitation is a well known occult practice. Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience writes, "Levitations are said to occur in mediumship, shamanistic trance, mystical rapture and trance, magic, bewitchment, hauntings, and possession." (Harpers' Encyclopedia of Mystical & Paranormal Experience, p. 327)
I am sure they do. Many bands don't just go out, make an album and have no meaning behind it what so ever.

The Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult, classifies "levitation" as "occult; spiritualism and voodoo" (Mather, George A. and Larry Nichols, The Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult, p. 175)
Wait voodoo and spiritualism? So Christianity is an Occult also.

There are many other occult images on the cover of The Fundamental Elements of Southtown album. In fact, because of the blatant occult influences covering The Fundamental Elements of Southtown album, many Christian bookstores totally banned the album.
That was my first P.O.D album. I loved it! Judging the band because the album art is of occultism isn't wise. Then again, if your not a musician than don't worry about it. Plus, Christian stores will ban anything that is "sinful," yet they sell Zao albums (when they became a satanic band) So the joke is on them. My opinion is that Christians hate on P.O.D because they are close with the band Korn.

Ok this site is opinion based mixed with facts. You should watch the move, "Metal, A Headbangers Journey," where a metalhead finds out why metal is hated, the "religious symbols of Satan" etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So yoga is of the devil now? I don't care if hes standing upside down on his head. Christians would say its a drunk man then.

Yoga is of the devil, yes. It's from hinduism. It's obvious occultism on the album cover.

Wait voodoo and spiritualism? So Christianity is an Occult also.

Christianity is not spiritualism or voodoo.

That was my first P.O.D album. I loved it! Judging the band because the album art is of occultism isn't wise. Then again, if your not a musician than don't worry about it.

I don't need to be a musician to recognize occultism.

Ok this site is opinion based mixed with facts. You should watch the move, "Metal, A Headbangers Journey," where a metalhead finds out why metal is hated, the "religious symbols of Satan" etc.

I have made a thread: "A biblical approach to secular music": http://www.christianforums.com/t7722818/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yoga is of the devil, yes. It's from hinduism. It's obvious occultism on the album cover.

Christianity is derived from Judaism and Paganism. Comment?

Christianity is not spiritualism or voodoo.

According to the Webster Dictionary on Spiritualism:

1: the view that spirit is a prime element of reality

a : a belief that spirits of the dead communicate with the living usually through a medium
b capitalized : a movement comprising religious organizations emphasizing spiritualism

I don't see how spiritualism is not the prime of Christianity? We can communicate with the Holy Spirit or vice versa right?

I don't need to be a musician to recognize occultism.

Of course not, but that wasn't my point.

I have made a thread: "A biblical approach to secular music": http://www.christianforums.com/t7722818/

Oh boy, to religious. Thank you though for researching and putting down your approach on secular music. Certainly conveyed your point. However, I had one objection which I posted on your thread.

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christianity is derived from Judaism and Paganism. Comment?

Not from paganism. Why do you think that?

According to the Webster Dictionary on Spiritualism:

a : a belief that spirits of the dead communicate with the living usually through a medium
b capitalized : a movement comprising religious organizations emphasizing spiritualism

I don't see how spiritualism is not the prime of Christianity? We can communicate with the Holy Spirit or vice versa right?

"Communicating with the dead" is a Sin. Spiritualism has occult practices - astral projection etc.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Not from paganism. Why do you think that?

Why do Christians celebrate Easter? That is a pagan holiday. An Easter Bunny hatching eggs? Yeah, of course that is not what it is all "about." Honestly though, how did a pagan ritual become a Christian holiday? Thats just one of the many evidences that proves that Christianity was derived from.

"Communicating with the dead" is a Sin. Spiritualism has occult practices - astral projection etc.

Prove it before you use the holy word "sin." That was one of the definitions, but not the only one. It also said it was:

Isn't the Holy Spirit suppose to be apart of are lives, making that are reality?

Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do Christians celebrate Easter? That is a pagan holiday. An Easter Bunny hatching eggs? Yeah, of course that is not what it is all "about." Honestly though, how did a pagan ritual become a Christian holiday? Thats just one of the many evidences that proves that Christianity was derived from.

Well just because some christians celebrate easter - if you refer to painting eggs etc - which is definetly pagan. It doesn't mean that Passover is pagan - which has been replaced with easter it seems.

The Apostles, and really early church fathers didn't celebrate pagan holidays like easter.

Wasn't it the Roman Catholics who came up with those pagan holidays and "christianized" them?

Prove it before you use the holy word "sin." That was one of the definitions, but not the only one. It also said it was:

Isn't the Holy Spirit suppose to be apart of are lives, making that are reality?

Just because spiritualists use that definition of their religion or whatever, doesn't mean christianity is spiritualism.

Deut 18:11 is proof that consulting the dead is sinful.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well just because some christians celebrate easter - if you refer to painting eggs etc - which is definetly pagan. It doesn't mean that Passover is pagan - which has been replaced with easter it seems.

The Apostles, and really early church fathers didn't celebrate pagan holidays like easter.

Wasn't it the Roman Catholics who came up with those pagan holidays and "christianized" them?

I believe the later-day Saints or the Crusaders came up with the idea to combine this holiday with the Christian life.

The Catholics in general are corrupted, sad to say. When someone says what is your faith, you say Catholic, not Christian. However, Christianity is slowly becoming the same thing. Don't you agree? DO you believe in Christianity or G-d?

Just because spiritualists use that definition of their religion or whatever, doesn't mean christianity is spiritualism.

Deut 18:11 is proof that consulting the dead is sinful.

I am not saying communicating with the dead is not sinful. I am saying it is better to be spiritual than religious. The Christian meaning of "Spiritual" is relying on the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe the later-day Saints or the Crusaders came up with the idea to combine this holiday with the Christian life.

The Catholics in general are corrupted, sad to say. When someone says what is your faith, you say Catholic, not Christian. However, Christianity is slowly becoming the same thing. Don't you agree? DO you believe in Christianity or G-d?

Many people say they believe in God, but don't follow Jesus. Could be mere dead religion, yes. In fact, even the demons believe, and tremble (Jam 2:19). I'm a follower of Jesus. I'd rather call myself that, rather than Christian, because it makes people ask questions, and it sounds more serious/radical or so. There are those that are Christian by name only.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟8,668.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Many people say they believe in God, but don't follow Jesus. Could be mere dead religion, yes. In fact, even the demons believe, and tremble (Jam 2:19). I'm a follower of Jesus. I'd rather call myself that, rather than Christian, because it makes people ask questions, and it sounds more serious/radical or so. There are those that are Christian by name only.

Yes indeed. The word "Christian," was used by the city of Antioch, which they called the Disciples. So saying your a disciple of Yeshua is more appropriate, at least to me.

Upvote 0

bendstringz

Spiritual Warrior
Feb 26, 2013
Little Rock
Visit site
✟7,684.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow! That is either an illusion or this story just gave me a even more burning passion against Christianity.
hes a liar, or she was. No one is gonna pay 60k for 2 hookers. Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Plus there rock stars, why would they buy hookers, its obvious that their manager would be arranging anything like that. I cant believe you guys have trolls like this on these forums. Dont you have moderators?

I have seen POD at a very small show. At the time I questioned their true intentions. But me and about 200 other people prayed with them, and he seemed to be spirit filled to me.

their new song is pretty good!

Upvote 0

DontTreadOnMike

Eddaic Literalist
Jan 28, 2010
✟16,936.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread is hilarious.

I knew P.O.D. back in the late 90's when "Brown" first came out and their drummer sends his kid to the elementary school where my mom works. Cool guys, one and all.

About all the occult stuff and hookers. Who cares? Magic isn't real, Yoga is stretching with woo mixed in, prostitution should be legal and none of our business, album covers are just art, and none of these things are probably true anyway. Get hobbies.

Reactions: PaxThroughX
Upvote 0

Calen

Jul 23, 2017
Melbourne
✟15,401.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hey brother Endzone. I was reading your story about how you feel like you lost Gods presence. Im in the same boat as you my friend. But I have an encouraging message for you. Please watch the videos from Michael Chriswell on youtube. Ill share one of his videos with you, I hope this brings you encouragement.

Upvote 0