[P/AoG]Poll on whether to open up discussion of homosexuality and gay marriage

Do you want to open up discussion of homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage in the Pentecostal Forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"Pentecostal" Member Poll
Opening up Discussion of Homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage

In keeping with the recent updates to the Christian Forums rule regarding marriage and homosexuality (announcement), this poll is to determine what the members of the Pentecostal/Assemblies of God forum would like to do. Voting will be open for two weeks (14 days). At that time, votes will be tallied and the majority decision (2/3 majority, 67%) shall be implemented. This poll is only open to members who self-identify as Pentecostals or Assemblies of God, though you don't necessarily have to have such listed as your faith on CF. Please be honest and do not misrepresent your faith to vote in a forum that is not your home forum. IP checks will be performed on any member suspected of being a sock account of another member. Any tomfoolery will result in action against that poster and their vote being nullified. Here are the voting guidelines in more detail:
  • Only active members of this forum may vote. A specific faith icon is not required, however, you must be a known member of this forum.
  • Members are required to have been active at CF for at least three months and have at least 200 substantial posts.
  • Votes are public, not confidential. This way the community can help police the results of the poll by contacting staff when they believe that a non-forum member has voted.
  • Staff reserves the right to perform IP checks on questionable members.
  • No other discussion is allowed in the poll thread.
  • Each member may vote in one Christian Communities (denominations) forum and one Faith Groups forum. If a member votes in more than one Christian Communities forum and one Faith Groups forum, their vote will be discounted in all of the forums.

There are two options for the poll:

YES: A yes vote means that there would be open discussion of the topics of homosexuality and same sex marriage, in accordance with a few specific guidelines.
NO: A no vote means that discussion of homosexuality and same sex marriage is allowed, but there is no promotion* of these topics.

*Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

Guidelines for forums with open discussion:
  • All posts must align with the sitewide rules, especially the rule about profanity and vulgarity (no discussions or images that are sexually explicit).
  • Members may not make posts which could be considered blatant campaigning for the acceptance of homosexuality or SSM.
  • Members may not distribute any blatant propaganda about homosexuality or SSM [propaganda: information of a biased or misleading nature used to promote or publicize a particular point of view].
  • Members may not encourage another member to practice homosexuality or enter into a same sex marriage.

Reactions: ServantJohn

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No offense, but where is the NO that means NO. I just rather it never even be a topic period. All there is is arguments, "God says its ok, there nothing wrong with it." It gets sickening for those of us who know better.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The No option is the equivalent of keeping the status quo. If you want to completely stop the discussions of these topics, we can see about doing another poll after this poll is over in 2 weeks, depending on the results.

Reactions: dragongunner
Upvote 0

Isaiah J

Sep 15, 2015
✟7,641.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'm new here and voted without reading the "voting guidelines"... didn't occur to me that there might be restrictions as to who is allowed to contribute to a discussion amongst fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I'm gonna go ahead and contribute anyway because I think limiting that is nonsensical.

Why on Earth would the topic not be open to discussion? It's relevant in our society, and it is mentioned in the Bible. Thus, we should be discussing it. If people believe they "know better," they ought to be willing to at least try and spread that truth. If the truth falls on deaf ears, as truth so often does... well, oh well. Whoop-dee-doo, move on. If it's a conversation you've had time and time again, and you're tired of trying to shed light onto a topic for people who don't want to hear it, great news: nobody's forcing you to engage in discussion on this or anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cordelia
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm new here and voted without reading the "voting guidelines"... didn't occur to me that there might be restrictions as to who is allowed to contribute to a discussion amongst fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I'm gonna go ahead and contribute anyway because I think limiting that is nonsensical.

Why on Earth would the topic not be open to discussion? It's relevant in our society, and it is mentioned in the Bible. Thus, we should be discussing it. If people believe they "know better," they ought to be willing to at least try and spread that truth. If the truth falls on deaf ears, as truth so often does... well, oh well. Whoop-dee-doo, move on. If it's a conversation you've had time and time again, and you're tired of trying to shed light onto a topic for people who don't want to hear it, great news: nobody's forcing you to engage in discussion on this or anything else.

ETA:

Oops. Guess we don't attempt to discuss things intelligently, either. My bad.
I'm afraid your vote will not count as the poll rules state:

"Members are required to have been active at CF for at least three months and have at least 200 substantial posts."

Sorry.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Isaiah J, you won't be able to debate about it, but if you visit the non-denominational group, as I do, you can look up and see the numerous posts and comments on homosexuals threads there. There are some who are on CF, and for no good reason, and they do and will push that agenda as far as they can.

Reactions: AntoineL
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Even though this scourge on the Body of Christ is an important issue, as the question would undoubtedly encourage the kiddies and those with a grudge to air their views, then the question in my view is best left to another forum.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I voted yes .. because I think all topics should be able to be talked about. My live has been improved because I've learned to talk about many topics that over the years that I was uncomfortable with when I was younger.

Reactions: SuziTiri
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

In keeping with the recent updates to the Christian Forums rule regarding marriage and homosexuality (announcement), this poll is to determine what the members of the Pentecostal/Assemblies of God forum would like to do. Voting will be open for two weeks (14 days). At that time, votes will be tallied and the majority decision (2/3 majority, 67%) shall be implemented. This poll is only open to members who self-identify as Pentecostals or Assemblies of God, though you don't necessarily have to have such listed as your faith on CF. Please be honest and do not misrepresent your faith to vote in a forum that is not your home forum. IP checks will be performed on any member suspected of being a sock account of another member. Any tomfoolery will result in action against that poster and their vote being nullified. Here are the voting guidelines in more detail:
  • Only active members of this forum may vote. A specific faith icon is not required, however, you must be a known member of this forum.
  • Members are required to have been active at CF for at least three months and have at least 200 substantial posts.
  • Votes are public, not confidential. This way the community can help police the results of the poll by contacting staff when they believe that a non-forum member has voted.
  • Ea

• Each member may vote in one Christian Communities (denominations) forum and one Faith Groups forum. If a member votes in more than one Christian Communities forum and one Faith Groups forum, their vote will be discounted in all of the forums.

YES: A yes vote means that there would be open discussion of the topics of homosexuality and same sex marriage, in accordance with a few specific guidelines.
    NO: A no vote means that discussion of homosexuality and same sex marriage is allowed, but there is no promotion* of these topics.

*Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

• All posts must align with the sitewide rules, especially the rule about profanity and vulgarity (no discussions or images that are sexually explicit).
    • Members may not make posts which could be considered blatant campaigning for the acceptance of homosexuality or SSM.
    • Members may not distribute any blatant propaganda about homosexuality or SSM [propaganda: information of a biased or misleading nature used to promote or publicize a particular point of view].
    • Members may not encourage another member to practice homosexuality or enter into a same sex marriage.

ember votes in more than one Christian Communities forum and one Faith Groups forum, their vote will be discounted in all of the forums.

I voted no as I wouldn't have the slightest motivation to follow or interact on on such a discussion board.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Final tally is 3 yes, 6 no, after discounting ineligible votes. This forum will not allow full discussion of homosexuality or SSM.

Closing and sticking this thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.