• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Oxford teacher faces action over 'misgendering' pupil

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Rion, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Rion

Rion "Trigger Warning" is one of my triggers Supporter

+3,417
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+1,563
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Is there an official definition for the term misgendering?

3. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldly! Supporter

+13,440
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  4. Rion

+3,417
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Labeling the person the incorrect gender.

5. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    The modern day inquisitors have given up on thumbscrews and racks in order to extract the words out of peoples mouths.

If you do not say what the Moral Authority demands you say, you will just spend years in courts, and lose your right to speak publicly in their institutions.
    How enlightened we have all become.

Too soon for sarcasm?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. grasping the after wind

+1,563
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    How is incorrect gender defined? Persons do not actually have genders do they? They have sexes. Male and female. How can one even possibly be labelled the incorrect gender?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Rion

+3,417
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Used to be. In this Brave New World, they're different. Sure, there's two sexes, but over sixty genders. The separation came from a guy named John Money. Read up on him and David Reimer.

8. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,009
    Baptist
    Married
  9. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldly! Supporter

+13,440
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    So....sinking ships can no longer state "women and children first..." without legal action?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,009
    Baptist
    Married
    Just children now....

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. grasping the after wind

+1,563
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    If I wished to read nonsense I would prefer Lewis Carroll or Edward Lear. How is incorrect gender defined in terms of human beings? I strongly suspect that being truthful instead of agreeing to lie in order to reinforce a preferred delusion would be considered labeling an incorrect gender. .

12. grasping the after wind

+1,563
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Wouldn't "free speech laws" be a contradiction in terms? Free speech guarantees would be my preferred way of stating it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Rion

+3,417
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Well, it wasn't so much nonsense I was asking you to read as tragedy, at least in Reimer's case. Basically, the 'case study' that Money used to justify separating gender and sex ended up rejecting his forced reassignment and eventually killed himself.

14. grasping the after wind

+1,563
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    It is indeed tragic that suicide is often the result of an inability to accept reality.

15. Rion

+3,417
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    No, he committed suicide because Money forcefully re-assigned him as female when he was an infant after a botched circumcision. He later found out the truth, had corrective surgery to be 'male' again, but was always troubled by what the doctors had done to him.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. elliott95

elliott95 JESUS PRAISER

+192
    Catholic
    Private
    The same thing is happening now in Oxford and Britain too, apparently. What happened in Canada provides the context of how oppressive the culture has become.
    Of couse, in the USA, the major universities are private. That means at Yale, to say that students ought to wear what they want for Halloween, is enough to get professors run out of their jobs too. Either way, the culture is what is kicking the legs out of peoples right to have a public opinion contrary to Groupspeak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+3,446
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    This kind of slip can happen to anyone - things get blown out of proportion.

18. com7fy8

com7fy8 Newbie

+1,559
    Christian
    Single
    I suppose you can just call young people "children". And if someone demands that I tell him or her which a certain child is, how would I know? I don't look under children's clothes. And for a court hearing, what you say is hearsay evidence. . . possibly.

19. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+2,757
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I think there may have been a time when I was in school and a teacher said something like that with me in the room, but the vast majority of other students were actually girls. Maybe I was sitting behind one of them and wasn't noticed right away. I never thought about reporting the teacher and having action taken against him/her though. But that was back in the dark ages. ;)