Owner of the Nation's Largest Privately Owned Abortion Chain, Dies in Montana Plane C

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it's terrible to turn every tragedy into propaganda. This wasn't a lightening strike that only killed one person. This was a plane crash that killed many people, including children, and killed the family of an owner of a business. It seems that Mr. Feldkamp wasn't in the crash. People are celebrating the death of the family of someone they disagree with.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it's terrible to turn every tragedy into propaganda. This wasn't a lightening strike that only killed one person. This was a plane crash that killed many people, including children, and killed the family of an owner of a business. It seems that Mr. Feldkamp wasn't in the crash. People are celebrating the death of the family of someone they disagree with.

celebrating? I don't see anyone celebrating on here. the OP is about discerning whether this is just a coincidence or something more. I feel bad for the family and pray for them, but It still doesn't negate the fact of me wondering(and I'm sure other Christians too)

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
CreedIsChrist said:
celebrating? I don't see anyone celebrating on here. the OP is about discerning whether this is just a coincidence or something more. I feel bad for the family and pray for them, but It still doesn't negate the fact of me wondering(and I'm sure other Christians too)

It would seem to be a slightly sloppy form of divine retribution.
I do not believe that every person on that plane was a sinner enough to warrant execution by a god, yet Mr. Feldkamp was not the only person killed.
This case is probably not an act of divine retribution. A probable act of divine retribution would be death by vacuum aspiration, though I personally would consider such a situation more hilarious in its improbability instead of grimly satisfied with justice being served.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The problem with a human like us deciding if it was "retribution" is still: Why him?

There are many many terrible people in this world who are not only not dying, but living long full, materially comfortable lives while they (or their armies) kill, beat, rape, or enslave. So are where is there retribution?

Conversely, what about the incredibly good people who get taken far before their prime?

The question is, how can we possibly decide whether it's God's retribution when it's merely one death in a sea of possibilities?

Upvote 0

Mystman

Atheist with a Reason
Jun 24, 2005
✟22,286.00
Faith
Atheist
..Which once again, tells something about yourself, not your god..

I'm just going to quote that because it perfectly sums up my feelings.

You even seeing the possibility of God interfering in this situation says a lot about.. well how you want to see God in situations where there really isn't any reason to.

Lot's of people die in unfortunate circumstances. Lots of people fall under the "really bad sinners!" category according to Christians (ironic since the Bible says everyone is just as bad, but let's ignore that for now..).

Logic would tell us that yes, sometimes people falling in the "really bad sinners!" category will die in in unfortunate circumstances.

Unless you have any statistical data proving that the sinners die more often, in non-sin related ways (e.g., no data proving homosexuals die more often of AIDS please), there is exactly 0 reason to assume that God interfered here.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The problem with a human like us deciding if it was "retribution" is still: Why him?

There are many many terrible people in this world who are not only not dying, but living long full, materially comfortable lives while they (or their armies) kill, beat, rape, or enslave. So are where is there retribution?

Conversely, what about the incredibly good people who get taken far before their prime?

The question is, how can we possibly decide whether it's God's retribution when it's merely one death in a sea of possibilities?

well theres many reasons

This persons family owned one of the largest abortion providers in the US. This man made money off of the death of unborn children. He profited off of blood money and the killing of babies who couldn't even defend themselves. It coulda gotten to a point where God said 'enough is enough'. Or it coulda been shown as an example to others like with what happened with Sodom and Gomorrah.

Bad people, while many may make allot of money and sometimes live the high life sometimes later have karma come back to them. It happened even to King David when he killed Uriah simply because he wanted Bathsheba, Uriah's wife. And in turn God kills Davids son.

Sometimes these types of things happen. And while there might be reason to deny it there is also reason that it might be something more than just coincidence. And the faithful should alway be open to the possibility of that.

Upvote 0

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
well theres many reasons

This persons family owned one of the largest abortion providers in the US. This man made money off of the death of unborn children. He profited off of blood money and the killing of babies who couldn't even defend themselves. It coulda gotten to a point where God said 'enough is enough'. Or it coulda been shown as an example to others like with what happened with Sodom and Gomorrah.

Bad people, while many may make allot of money and sometimes live the high life sometimes later have karma come back to them. It happened even to King David when he killed Uriah simply because he wanted Bathsheba, Uriah's wife. And in turn God kills Davids son.

Sometimes these types of things happen. And while there might be reason to deny it there is also reason that it might be something more than just coincidence. And the faithful should alway be open to the possibility of that.

I an a little confused... your icon identifies you as catholic, and yet you believe in karma?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

And I'm sure other Christians are thinking this a tragedy, like many other tragedies that happen every day, and that turning this tragedy into propaganda is infuriating. Why think that this tragedy is a bigger indicator of the end of the world than a tsunami in a remote region? Or an outbreak of TB in a poverty-stricken nation? Why are those lives so easily forgotten, but when a controversial person's family dies, it's seen as a some sort of sign, some proof that those who disagreed, even hated, that controversial person are justified in their actions?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.