Overreaching gay rights movement; Indiana's religious freedom act (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Please show anything in the US Constitution that indicates this. Show where ANY form of speech is reserved from the First Amendment protection of Free Speech.
The easiest example is yelling fire in a theater -- that is quite illegal...
Is it in the US Constitution as an exception???

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I have not missed it. If they speak about it anywhere near an abortion clinic, they certainly have been hauled off to jail.

Completely untrue.

Refusing to participate in something that is wrong according to a citizen's protected religious freedom is not equivalent to MOB RETRIBUTION.

If your line of work requires you to violate your religious beliefs, then it is time you found a new line of work. It is really that simple. You can't violate other peoples' rights and hide behind your religion as a justification for violation of those rights. You shouldn't expect everyone else to adhere to the rules of your religion. That's not how religious rights work.

Right expressions of constitutionally protected religious freedom are under assault in this and other ways by the democratic (being born of democracy) mob.

Religious freedoms are not unlimited. Religious freedoms end where another person's freedoms begin. One of those rights is to not be discriminated against. Do you think you can get away with mass murder by stating, "My religious beliefs allow me to kill other people"?

It is LAWFUL, LEGAL according to the US Constitution to peaceably assemble, and speak about what abortion really is, but that has gotten people arrested.

Again, that is completely untrue.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it in the US Constitution as an exception???

Breaking news!

A whole bunch of things are not in the constitution and legal scholars would tell you, the document was written in general terms so it could be applied to situations they could not for see.

This is why, we have judges and the supreme court, to make this interpretations and it has long been held, freedom of speech rights, has certain limits.

It may do you well, to google limitations on freedom of speech, to better understand the same from a legal perspective.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... in the western US in the late 1800s and early 1900s there were frequently laws banning firearms within a towns city limits, where the guns must be left with the sheriff...
Unconstitutional behavior by those localities, and " late 1800s and early 1900s" is NOT ALWAYS...

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I have not missed it. If they speak about it anywhere near an abortion clinic, they certainly have been hauled off to jail.

Yes. Oddly enough trespassing and harassment is still illegal no matter what activity are engaged in while doing so.

Refusing to participate in something that is wrong according to a citizen's protected religious freedom is not equivalent to MOB RETRIBUTION. The exact opposite is happening. Right expressions of constitutionally protected religious freedom are under assault in this and other ways by the democratic (being born of democracy) mob.

It is LAWFUL, LEGAL according to the US Constitution to peaceably assemble, and speak about what abortion really is, but that has gotten people arrested. The US Constitution guarantees other rights, but in 1968, contrary to that founding document, lawful, legal possession of certain firearms were made illegal. People have gone to jail for that. Some were people who had not ever been arrested for anything prior.

We are discussing going the OPPOSITE way with this, though. Illegal behavior is made legal, being required to be allowed where it is against the will of the people, and even required to be accepted as normal, though it is deviant behavior.

Cool story. Now you want to address your comments about being forced to allow people to live and not being allowed to exact justice upon them?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Deemed unconstitutional. A blight on the history of the nation!

Other limitations on the 2nd Amendment have bee found constitutional:

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."
DC v. Heller (2008)
District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'll persist in asking, where in the US Constitution is there an exception to free speech, more particularly pertaining to any of these things?
Just as other poster are free to make accusations, I'm free to ask for actual examples. This sub discussion has nothing to do with the Constitution.

But in it spirit of keeping it cordial, there is another sub discussion going on. It does have to do with the Constitution. And I think another poster answered your question already, here-->:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where in the US Constitution does it state that freedom of speech is unlimited?

Show me in the First Amendment where the limits are.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What is " freedom of speech"?

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just as other poster are free to make accusations, I'm free to ask for actual examples. This sub discussion has nothing to do with the Constitution.

But in it spirit of keeping it cordial, there is another sub discussion going on. It does have to do with the Constitution. And I think another poster answered your question already, here-->:wave:
Thanks for remaining CIVIL. I know you think this is being cordial, but it is actually merely CIVIL... We could get to the "cordial" level, but I do not see that happening for a number of reasons, many of which are not in my control.

You will need to "quote" that post, as the member is on Digital Ignore status with me. I ignored those comments, by reading past them, as long as seemed reasonable, and now do not see them, nor do I desire to see them.

Having seen other replies, however, I know there are things people recognize as ILLEGAL that have nothing to do with expressing offensive political, or religious oriented speech. That is a "strawman" though, because it is not what any of the "free speech" issues we were discussing were related to.

I am responding to the point of equating the religious freedom afforded by the law instituted under Clinton #42, and the Indiana law, to people with no religious standing or position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for remaining CIVIL. I know you think this is being cordial, but it is actually merely CIVIL... We could get to the "cordial" level, but I do not see that happening for a number of reasons, many of which are not in my control.

You will need to "quote" that post, as the member is on Digital Ignore status with me. I ignored those comments, by reading past them, as long as seemed reasonable, and now do not see them, nor do I desire to see them.

Having seen other replies, however, I know there are things people recognize as ILLEGAL that have nothing to do with expressing offensive political, or religious oriented speech. That is a "strawman" though, because it is not what any of the "free speech" issues we were discussing were related to.

I am responding to the point of equating the religious freedom afforded by the law instituted under Clinton #42, and the Indiana law, to people with no religious standing or position.
Civil, fair enough.

The post I refereed to
Interpretations made by the Judicial Branch carry the weight of the US Constitution.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Show me where any right in the US Constitution is considered to be unlimited.

Where does it say that those rights are unlimited? If my religion says that I can kill whomever I want whenever I want, can I be prosecuted for murder?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.