Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Were you overdue? How far overdue? Did your doc allow you to go into natural labor? Did you opt for an induction? Were you forced into an induction? Did you have a natural birth or c-section? And, how long was your labor?

I'm just curious. To this day I think if I wasn't forced into an induction(6 days overdue with a large baby), I could have had DS naturally, but because my body wasn't ready, I had to have a c-section after a looong induction.

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With my first I had to be induced because I was 18 days over. It was getting unsafe. I was lucky though and had a vag delivery.:)

With my second I asked to be induced early - only 2 days overdue - because I had very, very severe antenatal depression. I was lucky again and had another great experience no drugs, vag birth etc. It turned out lucky I had him so soon after my due date because my son had shoulder dystocia, which gets worse as baby gets bigger and more overdue. He was born not breathing after becoming distressed during delivery, there were some anxious moments when we realised he was stuck. I believe that being induced early made a real and positive difference in the amount of trauma to us both.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was a week exactly past my "due" date with Emily. My doctor didn't want me to go any longer and so he induced me. Had I been more knowledgable, I would have declined and asked to go back home..I was already dialated 2, so I'm sure if I had waited I would have had a natural labor.

But I was young and inexperienced and didn't really know my options so I was induced and after 17 hours of labor Emily had to be cut out. It wasn't what I had envisioned, but Emily got here safely and I'm still here so there's nothing for me to complain about. Next time, since I only want 1 more, I'm just going to have a planned cesarian.

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I was 14 days over with my first and 7 days over with my second.

Number 1. I went into hospital to be induced at 12 days over but when I got there they wouldn't start it off. I spent the night having contractions (as I had the previous 2 nights) and in the morning I was still not in labour but they still wouldn't induce (I've found out since that because I was 1cm dialated they wouldn't induce as I as considered already in labour). In the afternoon I went for a walk and actually got the labour started - 6.30pm. Twice in nearly had to go down for an emergancy section cos if problems. After 8 hours they broke my waters. Then they had to induce me as the contractions weren't doing anything. After a further 6 hours I was still on 9cm but I wanted to push. Hour and half later, no baby at all and I was tired!!!!! As it was never going to happen naturally they took me for a section. He was 9lb 3oz I am convienced that had I not gone 14 days over I would of been able to have him vaginally. 16 hours in total.

number 2. I didn't want a section. I was told I wouldn't be able to go past me due date cos of the above labour. But when I actually got near my due date I was told they wouldn't induce me early. I got them to agree to take me in to induce on day 8 over if I hadn't already started. On day 6 I went to bed and started having contractions at 11.30pm. I spent the night doing random things like washing up and timing contractions. By 5.30am I decided I wanted to have some pain relief so I woke my dh up (up to thus point he didn't know I was in labour lol). We took our son to my parents then went to the hospital. We got there and the contractions slowed down. I started in what they call proper labour around midday. And, after having my waters broken at 4pm I gad dd at 4.50pm. No problems (apart from a tear!).

Upvote 0

TaterFaith

AKA~ Just4Jesus
Jul 28, 2007
✟11,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The first 2, I went into labor a couple of days before my due date. With my 3rd, I was a few days early, went in because I was having contractions so my doctor broke my water to get it going. With my 4th, I was induced about a week early because I live a good ways from the hospital and I wanted a pain free delivery. With this one, I am planning to be induced as well. I don't want to feel anything if I dont have to!! I am 33 weeks and had to be admitted the other day with some issues going on and the nurse said I was already 2 to 3 centimeters dilated. I am hoping I make it to 37 weeks for baby's sake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Mrs. A2J~

According to your faith will it be done to you
Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#1 born at 40w5d - spontaneous labor - natural - 7.5hr labor - 8lbs 4oz 20in long
#2 born at 40w1d - spontaneous labor - natural - 2hr labor - 9lbs 12oz 21.75in long
#3 born at 41w0d - spontaneous labor - natural - 3.5hr labor - 8lbs 10oz 20in long
#4 currently at 40w2d and waiting...

Upvote 0

Jilly123

Jun 26, 2007
✟16,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was 14 days overdue with my first. My Dr doesn't let you go further than that because of unbilical cord and placenta deterioration. I had an induction and after 16 hours of labour that was progressing DD went into distress and I had to have an emergency c-section.

If I could do it all over again I would have asked to hold off on the induction a few more days.

DD2 is due this week. I am having a scheduled c-section on Wednesday.

Upvote 0

BridgetsMom

Apr 3, 2010
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was pressured to induce but went into labor naturally (albeit with a lot of urging from me, including walking up and down a steep hill over and over and over trying to get things going!) and had my daughter 11 days overdue, naturally, and she was perfect from moment one -- a doctor had tried to tell me she would be "an overbaked cookie" - I kid you not - but she was pink and healthy and breathing well and alert from the moment she emerged, latched and nursed right away, such a joy.

Upvote 0

Melbelle

Deadheadmakeup
Mar 22, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟53,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With my son, I was over due 8 days, and went into labor naturally, I went into labor the day I was suppose to go in to get scheduled to be induced, but I went on my own. I ended up having a c-section, this one will be scheduled c-section.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsamongus

Daughter of the Most Holy
Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My 1st was 10 days early. Emergancy c- section they said he was to BIG at 7lbs 7oz I wanted to have vbac after that. My second came a week early cause they stripped my membranes because they would have made me have c section if I was over due. My 2nd came out 8lbs 12oz and was face up with his hand by his head, naturally!! Talk about big boy.

Upvote 0