• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Overcoming self and old ways

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by WilliamBo, Apr 29, 2018.

1. WilliamBo

WilliamBo Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,342
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I've been a believer for 6 years now and I know my life is not pleasing to God (yet). Please pray for me to do the Fathers will and to overcome the flesh/self. I am very often stressed about possibly not being saved and it's been almost a curse on my life for quite some time now. I know the problem is my problem, please pray for me to have the strength to deny myself and take up my cross and do Gods will. Thank you.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+33,582
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Praying brother. If you have not done a personal or group study of the epistle to the Ephesians I highly recommend it. First half is about our standing with God and the latter half about serving Him in love and obedience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  3. dreadnought

dreadnought Lip service isn't really service. Supporter

+3,408
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    It isn't so much about being saved. The Lord is good and rescues repentant people. However, we do need to make a genuine effort to repent.

4. CGL1023

CGL1023 citizen of heaven

+261
    Word of Faith
    Single
    US-Republican
    Being saved is easy; what takes longer is the renewing of your(Rom 12:2). You can do it yourself with regular, committed study in the Word, memorizing and meditating on the scriptures so that you get the Word inside of you.

5. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Angels Team Supporter

+9,424
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
  6. WilliamBo

WilliamBo Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,342
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you for that, great verse/reminder. I like 10:29 also- "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand."

7. Not me

Not me Righteousness is right and not me.

+1,538
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If I may be so bold.

You are stuck in Romans 7 situation. Which in itself is not a bad thing, it shows you are being taught by Christ. After Romans 7 has had its complete work in you, you will come to the end of yourself (your self effort). Than as Christ reveals His salvation in you, you will cry out like Paul did “oh wretched man that I am who will deliver me from the body of this death”. Paul, as all Christians must be, was brought to the end of Himself, where he had no strength whatsoever to save or change himself, so he throw himself into the arms of the Lord, that Jesus himself would do for him what he could not do for himself. It is when a believer see that when “Christ died they died.” This is the secret of living a victorious Christian life. To learn to “reckon yourself died” but this cannot be done correctly, till it is seen as a truth “inwardly.” Pray that God Himself would open these truths to you by experience. For once this is learned your Christianity will take on a whole new life. You will be living out from the new creation. A permanent smile and a joy in your heart, that no one, or nothing can take away. But this lesson is hard learned, and can only be learned by experience. But it is for all Christians, all that are willing to pay the price. What is that price. Everything you have, all of “self”. I know these words are cryptic. But take them to the Lord and ask Him if there’s any truth in them. Prayers for you.

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. inquiring mind

inquiring mind associate with those you can learn from Supporter

+2,878
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Joining in prayer for you. May the Lord strengthen you and lift you from your struggles. Amen

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,568
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Father, I pray that 1 Peter 2:2 and 2 Peter 3:18 will be applied to this one's life.
    May they learn Your Word, and how to obey and apply it well in response to their prayers. May they feed their spirit by reading Your Word, exercise their spirit by obeying Your Word, and starve their flesh by following Psalms 101:3; Proverbs 3:5-6; Matthew 6:33; and many others. May they put You first instead of their cell phone, the Internet, the TV, or those other things that may come to their mind after reading this. Show them some quick growth because of their obedience, some growth spurts that will encourage them to want to grow even more, and take these steps to do so. Amen.

Last edited: May 1, 2018