Overcoming night terrors and sleep paralysis (New Age to Jesus testimonies)

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been watching lots of conversion testimonies from New Age to Christianity, and I find the amount of similarities between the stories striking. A notable and quite recurring pattern is the experience of sleep paralysis and night terrors either before or shortly after the conversion takes place, commonly attributed to demonic attacks. Just to give you an example, just a few minutes ago I finished watching this testimony, and here are two of the comments (emphasis mine):

Viewer's Comment:

Thanks for your testimony! I really relate.., being involved in ayahuasca, kambo, shroom ceremonies, new age, underground culty type stuff in Los Angeles, I was on my last straw, k couldn’t even be in a grocery store without feeling paranoid and ungrounded. Jesus saved me in a way where he sent someone to send me a message about Him, then it all unfolded from there in ways only Jesus.. it’s been a journey for sure, He has set me free from so much. I have gotten serious attacks from the devil while I sleep especially when I just got born again, I’m wondering if it’s because I had opened the door in ayahuasca, astrology and timing like witchcraft, etc., in my sleep one of them even grabbed me from my body and I was flying away as I was in a sleep paralysis... sleep paralysis attacks, id sense them in kJ room, I wouldn’t sleep for like a week because I didn’t understand I had the authority in Jesus yet. Now I must say a prayer every night before I go to bed for protection, or else who knows what will happen... Eventually I am not afraid of the spiritual attacks anymore (except I don’t want to be taken from my body like that again) or touched of course.. so the devil is very cunning and sends other attacks in the form of stumbling blocks and distractions...i normally don’t write this much but I relate to your story. This all sounds crazy to a regular person out there.. but the spiritual world is very real, and now I live my life like on discernment mode daily. It’s been an intense warfare since I was saved in late 2018 since then, even til this day, but He has still brought me so so so far. I can’t believe I even did any of that stuff, so crazy how lost in a hole I was and how that whole world is..and so many people are still lost in it. God bless

Uploader's reply:

I’m so grateful for your comment, as yes, I went through the EXACT same experiences. Shortly after I was born again, I began to experience demonic attacks/sleep paralysis at night. It was undeniable. My friend shared a few Steven bancarz videos with me that shed light on my situation. In short, I had to remove all false idols & new age stuff from my room. I threw out all of my books, crystals, meditation bowls, shamanic stuff etc... it was difficult but necessary. I then renounced all my ties with the devil or anything new age. Those attacks stopped immediately after I did this. The scripture that came to me while reading your comment was John 8:36 “So if the son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” You are free. The best way to fight the devil is to worship the Lord. When I would get woken up, I would begin thanking God for waking me up so I could have more intimate time with him. The devil is a slimy little bug, not worthy of our attention. Please keep me updated! I’ll be praying for you and it’s so good to hear of others who came out of new age. God bless!

These are just a couple of testimonies, but as I said, I've seen this pattern all over the place. There are even Christian books published on this topic, such as Sleep Paralysis: What It Is and How To Stop It.

I just wanted to share these testimonies, and also know your thoughts on all this. Can you guys relate to these testimonies? Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,120.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My journey out took 7 years and much prayer and ministry.

The matters you raise are unlikely to be understood by other than folks who have been spiritually captive.

I can say that I have been free for about 45 years and know that such attacks subside over time if you consistently renounce and refuse their influence.

One learns not only to gain ground but to hold the ground gained.

Here is a nice story...

I was asked to pray for a little girl who was having night terrors.

When she was asleep, her parents and I snuck into the bedroom to pray.

Kneeling down by her bed, I spoke against the source and prayed for peace and rest.

When her mum looked in on her in the morning she was just waking and was saying Jesus, Jesus... So her mum said what do you mean Jesus?

Her reply was - Jesus slept with me last night.

That was the end of her night terrors.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I just wanted to share these testimonies, and also know your thoughts on all this. Can you guys relate to these testimonies? Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?
I mostly found that state of mind and body just as I was waking up extremely annoying and from my experience I wouldn't describe them as spiritual attacks because the language is imprecise. They are physical attacks done by an unseen force whereby I have no material proof of how that is happening. It's not like some guy assaults you and feeds you a knuckle sandwich in a bar full of witnesses that can identify the perpetrator.

Not every Christian or person in general becomes intimidated by this and responds in a polite and defensive help me I'm powerless manner. My body is a temple of God, the way I see this experience, it isn't worthy of turning the other cheek. Some people would rather make themselves a whip and start turning over tables offensively with and in the name of Jesus.
My friend shared a few Steven bancarz videos with me
Have you seen the ones on YouTube where he is interviewed by Dr. Michael Heiser? https://www.youtube.com/c/FringePop321/videos

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been watching lots of conversion testimonies from New Age to Christianity, and I find the amount of similarities between the stories striking. A notable and quite recurring pattern is the experience of sleep paralysis and night terrors either before or shortly after the conversion takes place, commonly attributed to demonic attacks. Just to give you an example, just a few minutes ago I finished watching this testimony, and here are two of the comments (emphasis mine):

Viewer's Comment:

Thanks for your testimony! I really relate.., being involved in ayahuasca, kambo, shroom ceremonies, new age, underground culty type stuff in Los Angeles, I was on my last straw, k couldn’t even be in a grocery store without feeling paranoid and ungrounded. Jesus saved me in a way where he sent someone to send me a message about Him, then it all unfolded from there in ways only Jesus.. it’s been a journey for sure, He has set me free from so much. I have gotten serious attacks from the devil while I sleep especially when I just got born again, I’m wondering if it’s because I had opened the door in ayahuasca, astrology and timing like witchcraft, etc., in my sleep one of them even grabbed me from my body and I was flying away as I was in a sleep paralysis... sleep paralysis attacks, id sense them in kJ room, I wouldn’t sleep for like a week because I didn’t understand I had the authority in Jesus yet. Now I must say a prayer every night before I go to bed for protection, or else who knows what will happen... Eventually I am not afraid of the spiritual attacks anymore (except I don’t want to be taken from my body like that again) or touched of course.. so the devil is very cunning and sends other attacks in the form of stumbling blocks and distractions...i normally don’t write this much but I relate to your story. This all sounds crazy to a regular person out there.. but the spiritual world is very real, and now I live my life like on discernment mode daily. It’s been an intense warfare since I was saved in late 2018 since then, even til this day, but He has still brought me so so so far. I can’t believe I even did any of that stuff, so crazy how lost in a hole I was and how that whole world is..and so many people are still lost in it. God bless

Uploader's reply:

I’m so grateful for your comment, as yes, I went through the EXACT same experiences. Shortly after I was born again, I began to experience demonic attacks/sleep paralysis at night. It was undeniable. My friend shared a few Steven bancarz videos with me that shed light on my situation. In short, I had to remove all false idols & new age stuff from my room. I threw out all of my books, crystals, meditation bowls, shamanic stuff etc... it was difficult but necessary. I then renounced all my ties with the devil or anything new age. Those attacks stopped immediately after I did this. The scripture that came to me while reading your comment was John 8:36 “So if the son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” You are free. The best way to fight the devil is to worship the Lord. When I would get woken up, I would begin thanking God for waking me up so I could have more intimate time with him. The devil is a slimy little bug, not worthy of our attention. Please keep me updated! I’ll be praying for you and it’s so good to hear of others who came out of new age. God bless!

These are just a couple of testimonies, but as I said, I've seen this pattern all over the place. There are even Christian books published on this topic, such as Sleep Paralysis: What It Is and How To Stop It.

I can relate. In the 80's I was heavily involved in TM, Transendental Meditation.
I had many paralysis moments during sleep. However when I became fully committed in walking with our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the paralysis took on a different tone. There were dark visitations, almost like attacks. I did once and for all use the power of Christ and His Holy Spirit to rebuke. All gone now. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, i believe this sleep paralysis problem, has to do with some kind of demonic visitation. I used to get these, attacks where i would feel like i was being pressed down from head to toe or should i say, feeling like i'd been put on pause for a few seconds.

Now here is the funny thing, i never specifically prayed against the problem, but noticed with time, that the attacks had started getting less and less, until it all completely went away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0