• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Overcoming in a Long-term Dental Health Challenge

GraceTruthLove

Christian
Apr 26, 2014
✟35,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello All,

I have severe gum recession for my age. So far I have had two surgeries to treat it, and I need two more surgeries this year.

I have dental insurance and so far I have been able to pay the out-of-pocket costs (thank God!). Yet when I look in the mirror I can see the problem getting worse - a suspicion my periodontist confirmed. This could mean more surgeries in the future despite the fact that I follow the treatment program, that I keep up with my dental hygiene, etc.

I worry about the possible future financial and health implications. God is my Healer and Provider - and all of this is in His hands. I know all that in my head, yet I keep struggling with relentless anxiety.

To those who have overcome in similar situations - how were you able to put away your worry and just trust God?