Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Among several workers there is one that begins with one talent who eventually fails, yet, what was God's intention behind this part of the parable?
It wasn't an entry-level position, it was something he was in charge of and as such, he had enough experience to be entrusted over part of the estate well above what he could earn.

Why he failed is beside the point.
What we should get about this is the fact that we all eventually learn to the point that we can be entrusted with our part of what God can give us to sow and reap.

God is in fact pulling for us with every possible resource in order to make us successful, yet it is a matter of faith that will make it all happen.

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟282,507.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why he failed is precisely the point, which is why Jesus made sure to emphasize it. He was given a resource and he did not even attempt to increase it. "The master" (perhaps The Master, and not "The Doctor's" prime adversary either) called him lazy. We are given resources, mostly our own selves, and what we do with that is important to God. That doesn't mean that God is legalistic, but it does show that He cares about what we do with what we are given.

Yes, God is pulling for us, but He calls us to walk out our salvation. If we refuse, we can expect the fruit of that lack, and according to the parable it effects our eternity, maybe in an ultimate way.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the scriptures say what they say, and if we want to run around saying God's word means something other than what it says, how are we different from the reformationists and the cessationists, (which are often the same thing)? Yes, there is room for dispute with some passages, but I don't see that here.

Upvote 0