Jan 8, 2010
✟23,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've got a question for you nice folks here. The pastor at my church back home is asking if people want to carry large wooden crosses on their backs (as Jesus did) and walk around the church several times near the street so as to be a witness to passersby.

My question is: is this Biblical at all? Or does this just fall under the realm of being plain silly? It seems silly to me and is causing our family some strife because some of us say that it's important to do so to put ourselves in Jesus' shoes but others of us just find it unnecessary and carrying the cross to be more a spiritual thing than a physical outward act.

What are your thoughts?

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's silly.
People not interested will just make a snarky comment.
Those interested don't need to see this.

What we should be doing, in all churches, is more for kids from the age of about 5 to 12. Don't ask me what,,,but I know this would be a good idea.

For instance: Having a special service on Thurs or Friday and go thru scripture with them in an interesting way. (with the pastor, not the Sunday school teacher).
There are special things that could be done...they're online, I used to use some.

Upvote 0