1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Outsmarted the big buck, finally

Discussion in 'Outdoor Activities & Nature' started by Humble me Lord, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Humble me Lord

Humble me Lord Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So this past Sunday morning I finally got the buck I have been after for 2 years, thank you Lord!
    Was with my buddy, who has never shot a deer, and I was trying to get him set up to get a buck. I tried staying back and sent him ahead to sit closer to a mock scrape we had made with a scent dripper. What ended up happening was the big old smart buck tried circling around and sneaking out the back along the creek, right where I was waiting, I couldn't believe it. I didn't have a great shot because he was in some brush and about to go over a berm down into the creek bottom, but the old 30-06 got him down.
    Yee-haw, the dragging him back across the creek and beaver dam was quite a chore.
    I didn't have him weighed, but an online chart for figuring weight by measurements on the buck said: with a 43 inch chest he is in the neighborhood of a 228 pound live weight, 182 field dressed, for 103 pounds of edible meat. Message_1541347826520.jpg
    Having trouble with the pc, will post more pics.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. Humble me Lord

+3,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    received_283338362317913.jpeg
    IMG_1946.jpg IMG_1937.jpg

3. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Angels Team Supporter

+9,426
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
    Congrats That is a big bodied buck Brother and he is in full rut by the looks of his neck :]

4. Humble me Lord

+3,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yep, I think so. They have been doing the majority of movement at night, and that mock scrape is what kept him around, I got him right about 10 am.
    Best news is, my daughter wants a buck and I came across some tracks bigger than the ones my buck made. He is heading towards some land across the road from us that we can hunt, so I'm going to set her up with that mock scrape over there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Angels Team Supporter

+9,426
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
    Prayer sent for her success Brother :]
    Our regular firearms season starts this weekend and I am anxious. Got the old 308 ready to rock again. I have gotten one doe with it already this year during the antlerless hunt and also one button with my muzzleloader.
    A friend killed that big 16 point that I posted with his muzzleloader on my brothers place.

6. Humble me Lord

+3,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Thank you brother, prayers for your success also.
    I still have a bonus antlerless tag to fill, but I will wait until later in the season. I am going to leave the big guy hang for a while yet. Glad it's cold enough here to do that. Makes the taste so much better I think. Especially on a big oldie like him.

7. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,622
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    How many points on that big guy??
    Your pic angle makes it difficult to tell.

8. Humble me Lord

+3,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Pretty much a typical 8, but right at the end of one front tine is a small fork. I believe he would be counted an a nine pointer.
    BTW, distance between the front outer tines was just under 13 inches.