✟15,585.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
I’ve lurked off and on for sometime.
After many years of what I call dry faith, falling away and coming back numerous times, a lot has changed and I’ve never felt so close to God. Holy Spirit makes all the difference!

Husband is not a Christian. No one in family is. It makes for very interesting times. I feel like I’m constantly being watched for a bad mood or a bit of stress. For them to then say I am failing God. I can’t live up to their standards of what they think a Christian should be. It’s not real. Will show love and hope they see that.

A bit of a lonely journey but God is always with me. Looking forward to figuring out the boards here and where I belong.

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I just embrace comments like that by saying something to the effect of “Exactly, I need all the help I can get.” Your humility leaves them nothing to work with and they will typically stop using that approach.

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Brucecy,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

325197_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

f9a2ae5a8f29c2c1d3728c3a689d8318.gif

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Olly Vie

Jan 3, 2019
North Carolina
✟19,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello brucecy92, I can understand our Christian journey can be challenging and bumpy. We serve a God who can identify with our weakness and still love us anyway. You are human and bound to err so don’t beat yourself. Bible says his grace is sufficient and his strength is made perfect in our weakness. All that God looks out for is a willing heart who continue to strive to please God. God has put you in your family to bring the saving grace and knowledge to them. To them you may be the only bible that they will read. Sometimes our action preaches to unbelievers more than our words. What if God want to use you to bring them closer to him? keep loving them like you always do, for love will always conquer. Pray for them as well so that they will understand you are human just like them. The holy spirit our comforter and helper will continue to help you and strengthen you daily. Am happy too that your relationship with God is getting better. Keep faith and hope alive. Have a blessed weekend. Sending love and hugs your way.

Upvote 0