Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've had an out of body experience before many years ago and it's still fresh in my mind. Had another one the other night so I knew it wasn't a dream because I hadn't reached REM sleep yet. In this recent one, I saw I'd gone to bed and was about to fall asleep when something grabbed my ankle and dragged me to the end of the bed where I heard a low growl but didn't see anything. I scrambled back to the head of the bed where I clung to hubby where he stayed sound asleep, oblivious to my fear. I still didn't see anything but rather felt a presence. I prayed the Lord's Prayer and went back to sleep. Then I woke up with a jump but I was in the exact same position as I was when I'd gone to bed.

Why do out of body experiences happen? I do tend to have alot of dreams, sometimes I remember them, alot of times I don't.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've had an out of body experience before many years ago and it's still fresh in my mind. Had another one the other night so I knew it wasn't a dream because I hadn't reached REM sleep yet. In this recent one, I saw I'd gone to bed and was about to fall asleep when something grabbed my ankle and dragged me to the end of the bed where I heard a low growl but didn't see anything. I scrambled back to the head of the bed where I clung to hubby where he stayed sound asleep, oblivious to my fear. I still didn't see anything but rather felt a presence. I prayed the Lord's Prayer and went back to sleep. Then I woke up with a jump but I was in the exact same position as I was when I'd gone to bed.

Why do out of body experiences happen? I do tend to have alot of dreams, sometimes I remember them, alot of times I don't.
Maybe they happen to show you that you arent who you think you are........Maybe when we awake we are having an IN body experience....... And maybe im just crazy and my words should be ignored.....

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
There are a lot of reasons why. In Ezekiels case, God used it to show him something, maybe God wanted to show you something to pray about. Although, that can only be determined by asking the Lord next time it happens whether its from Him or not.

Upvote 0

Creekwalker

Feb 27, 2018
Marshall
✟10,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Lilac,
I think the focus should be on your being grabbed, dragged and growled at. This sounds like demonic activity. I take it you don’t want more experiences of this sort. Try increasing your protective measures before you go to sleep. Pray to Our Father for protection from harm and evil. Rid your environment of demons by commanding them to leave in the name of Jesus. Say The Lord’s Prayer. Of course, if there’s any serious sin in your life, that has to go! It creates an opening for unclean spirits. Talk to your hubby. Pray together. God is stronger!

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do say the Lord's Prayer consistently. All I can think of is that I've been trying to help a friend through a rough time and I've been helping her with research of sorts. Maybe it's why I'm being growled at? I'm opening my eyes more to what God commands rather than what superstitions some might believe. I did mention it to hubby and although we don't really pray "together", I do believe he prays for me. He doesn't tell me if he does.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am not sure you had an "out of the body" experience when you were grabbed, it seems more likely that a demon manifested into your realm. Out of the body to me means your body stays home and you travel somewhere in your spirit. Anyway, creekwalker is entirely right. You are in spiritual warfare so you must be doing something good for God (or will soon be) in order for such a manifestation to occur. I would plead the blood of Jesus over every room, speaking with your authority in in the name of Jesus to remove any demonic activity. I think that is the area I would study the most too, your authority in the name of Jesus. Greater is He that is in you, then he that is in the world.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Whatever pulled you, literally moved you physically? in the spirit you felt it moved you?

By the way you described it, it sounded like a strong vision, they happen a lot to me when I am about to go to sleep. But if it literally moved you, I’d use my autority to remove it, but I’d ask the Lord if there’s an open door. Either way, when it happens it’s because the Lord let it happen so you could see something that's going on in the spiritual world.

Upvote 0
May 19, 2018
USA
✟15,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with creekwalker, Richard T, and job3315 it sounds like there's a door open for demonic activity in your life or home. You should shut the door by repenting of all sins and renounce anything involving in a door that's open to evil. John Ramirez has great teachings on spiritual warfare, Praise God. You should look him up on YouTube or Amazon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not something more specific for this case?
To be honest, I don't always know exactly what to be praying for when it seems like things are going well and then something spiritual like this happens. So, when I'm stumped and trying to pinpoint what is going on, I just say the Lord's prayer and it seems to work.

Upvote 0

Jay1971

Always seeking TRUTH
Site Supporter
May 12, 2018
Reading
✟43,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I had one of these in my teen days and didn't know Jesus at the time but something wanted me to go with it and I said hell no, without even thinking or knowing Jesus at the time I screamed out to Jesus to help me and puff was back to sleep again and not once ever again in my life it happened again.

So if you are having these take heed these are not demonic in nature, this most likely will happen when we are knowing truth and Jesus and God's word, and the fallen ones demonic in nature in spirit don't want you apart of that.. It's like they want you to be apart of this world and only to this world and for you to know nothing of the Bible/Jesus.

Heaven and Hell are real and even they know it :)

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
To be honest, I don't always know exactly what to be praying for when it seems like things are going well and then something spiritual like this happens. So, when I'm stumped and trying to pinpoint what is going on, I just say the Lord's prayer and it seems to work.
I wonder if these things aren't bordering on a breaking of the rules for the entities. When I've had similar in the past and prayed specifically for a judgement against the creature/s causing the effects, they and the effects have gone away.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, when I'm stumped and trying to pinpoint what is going on, I just say the Lord's prayer and it seems to work.

remember one dream vividly (not out of body, like yours)
in the dream, was drowning and totally surrounded by water, nothing else and called out and said
"Jesus" and immediately, wasn't drowning anymore

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

pretty much sums it up nicely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There have already been said a lot of good responses so far, so I don't know what more to add in here, except for agreeing with others saying you are doing something right.

And the fact of God opening your eyes to the truth during research, something which the enemy doesn't wish to be put out in the open! They don't want darkness to be manifested through the light, so you are clearly being a BIG threat to them!

Keep on going on, and stay strong in the Lord Jesus Christ's authority! Don't let them intimidate you! When you are in Christ, you are much stronger put than them!

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also needed to say this; I suggest that you also put on the whole armour of God on you, physically put on you, saying it as it is written in Ephesians 6:13-17.

I do this everyday, also praying The Lord's Prayer as well as praying for anything else which I deem as important to pray for before starting the day.

Upvote 0