Our Ungodly Democratic Virginia Governor

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don’t get it . What’s demonic about ending a pregnancy with a non viable fetus? All you’re doing by forcing a woman to continue the pregnancy is to risk her life and health or let the fetus develop to the point where it feels pain .

it was either Ireland or Northern Ireland where they recently overturned an abortion ban because a woman with a dead fetus couldn’t get it removed . The decaying fetus eventually killed her. When the legalization issue came up for a vote the people of the country overwhelmingly voted to legalise abortion .

I think the issue with this American politician has just been twisted into a right wing talking point

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Article quotes Virginia’s Democratic Governor Ralph Northam as stating that an unwanted child that has already been delivered should be cared for only “if that’s what the mother and family desired.”

Heritage Denounces Virginia’s Horrifying Late-Term Abortion Proposal | myHeritage

Article quotes Gov. Ralph Northam "will push for the Democratic-controlled General Assembly to legalize recreational marijuana during the upcoming legislative session, which would make it the first state in the South to do so."

Gov. Ralph Northam to push for marijuana legalization during upcoming General Assembly session

Pretty soon, with all his restrictions, that will be all there will be to do... Stay at home and smoke dope!

Virginia's new COVID restrictions started Monday: 4k people OK at amusement parks; 25 limit for groups - here’s what they are.
What I believe is happening is that the little some were given is being taken away and redistributed to those who have much. As the ungodly drift away, I think the persecution of Christians will increase greatly. Please pray on this.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟455,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And none of that was in the OP. Which was my point. :wave:
tulc(is going to need more coffee) :coffee:
You did not reply to my post at all, but merely cut it off, including quote. I had the courtesy to quote and reply to your comment:

Here is what you said: Ever notice how in articles like the one in the OP they never seem to use the entire quote of the person they're talking about? Or even post a link for people to be able to see it for themselves? Just for a slightly more...honest view of the subject under discussion:
Meme Misquotes Virginia Governor on Abortion Bill - FactCheck.org

Agree or disagree with him you should at least be honest and fair when you quote him.
tulc(just a thought)
------------------------------------

Here is what I said: So should you: (Listen to his exact words in the link)

"In an interview with WTOP the day after that hearing, Northam was asked to explain Tran’s comment and his own support for the bill. Here’s what he said in his exact words:

When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician — more than one physician, by the way — and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.
In this particular example,
If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."

So...there "may be" severe deformities and the parents don't want the baby. Or, the obvious corollary that is permissible here: There may NOT be deformities or lack of viability.

I quoted his words. He did not say babies will be killed ONLY in cases of severe deformities or non-viability. He did say that these conditions MAY be present.

Words matter. It is dishonest to pretend he didn't mean what he said.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You did not reply to my post at all, but merely cut it off, including quote. (snip)
...actually, can you point to anything I said in my post that wasn't true? Was that link included in the OP? Did the OP link to the full transcript/interview they were quoting from? If all that is true then I'm not sure what the problem is. :scratch:
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟455,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...actually, can you point to anything I said in my post that wasn't true? Was that link included in the OP? Did the OP link to the full transcript/interview they were quoting from? If all that is true then I'm not sure what the problem is. :scratch:
tulc(is just curious)
And you cut it off again. Why are you here if you do not wish to discuss things, but merely to dismiss and post smilies?

Upvote 0

alan650

Oct 19, 2006
✟25,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ever notice how in articles like the one in the OP they never seem to use the entire quote of the person they're talking about? Or even post a link for people to be able to see it for themselves? Just for a slightly more...honest view of the subject under discussion:
Meme Misquotes Virginia Governor on Abortion Bill - FactCheck.org

Agree or disagree with him you should at least be honest and fair when you quote him.
tulc(just a thought)

Amen for actually quoting a quote in its fullness. I am so sick of Christians demonizing the democrats or "this person" or "that person" Nowhere in the Bible does it say to go around casting stones at the world. There is so much propaganda out there already that gets Christians to stir up outrage instead of mercy. Clearly most Christians prefer outrage over actually trying to look at these people as actual human beings we are called to show compassion on. Jesus Christ sat with the sinners when he was walking this earth. Most of the Christians I see walk this earth are busy casting stones and isolating or souring the unbelievers from the gospel message with behavior such as this!

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

alan650

Oct 19, 2006
✟25,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Deliver baby not alive--> Resuscitate baby--> Kill baby.

What a mockery of Life. Kyrie eleison

View attachment 288962

I assume you fully embrace the programs that provide food stamps to those in poverty? Affordable and free health care? An overall saftety net for the ever-increasing unemployed due to the poor handling of the pandemic? I assume that you aren't just cherry picking the abortion issue as your sole form of "pro life" outrage?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,134.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Amen for actually quoting a quote in its fullness. I am so sick of Christians demonizing the democrats or "this person" or "that person" Nowhere in the Bible does it say to go around casting stones at the world. There is so much propaganda out there already that gets Christians to stir up outrage instead of mercy. Clearly most Christians prefer outrage over actually trying to look at these people as actual human beings we are called to show compassion on. Jesus Christ sat with the sinners when he was walking this earth. Most of the Christians I see walk this earth are busy casting stones and isolating or souring the unbelievers from the gospel message with behavior such as this!

I'm sure Jesus Christ would have performed abortions himself if he came back today! In fact I'm pretty sure if Mary his Mother wanted an abortion he would have supported her choice entirely.

Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It was an interview (leftwing) with Northam, and I actually heard the whole thing.

He was discussing a child born alive after a failed abortion attempt, and how providing life saving care or denying it, was a private decision between the physician and the mother...

He spoke quite casually about infanticide, which is actually illegal because lifesaving care is legally required at that point. It should make any sane person sick.

Im am pro choice but this makes me sick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I assume you fully embrace the programs that provide food stamps to those in poverty?

Yes. And I try to help where I can. It’s not much, but it’s honest work.

Affordable and free health care?

if I can afford it. If not my church can help.

An overall saftety net for the ever-increasing unemployed due to the poor handling of the pandemic?

My state handled the pandemic pretty well. No draconian lockdowns for us so the unemployment rate here has been steady with pre-lockdown levels. I still try to help those in need selflessly, don’t get me wrong.

I assume that you aren't just cherry picking the abortion issue as your sole form of "pro life" outrage?

You assumed correctly. God bless.

• Agree
Reactions: alan650
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟455,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Im am pro choice but this makes me sick.
Right. It is not a "decision to be made by the woman and doctor" once the baby is BORN. Goodness. It's bad enough we have artificially decided that it's not a baby prior to labor beginning.

Upvote 0

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Right. It is not a "decision to be made by the woman and doctor" once the baby is BORN. Goodness. It's bad enough we have artificially decided that it's not a baby prior to labor beginning.

Well for me pro choice is if the fetus is viable or the one or the other can survive the pregnancy. And I say viable I mean if the fetus has no chance at a decent life. Being bind or deaf or missing a limb is not excuse. I also think a victim of rape should be allowed that option...but she needs to do it in the first few months. A fetus does not start feel pain or have consciousness till around 28 weeks. You do not wait till 6 months in and decide you do not want it. With medical assistance 6 months is viable. Then again most woman and most doctors would not consider a late term abortion other than serious medical reason.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,008.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It was an interview (leftwing) with Northam, and I actually heard the whole thing.

He was discussing a child born alive after a failed abortion attempt, and how providing life saving care or denying it, was a private decision between the physician and the mother...

He spoke quite casually about infanticide, which is actually illegal because lifesaving care is legally required at that point. It should make any sane person sick.
He is explicitly referring to a non-viable infant. That means one for whom additional care is futile, and just increases suffering.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟455,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well for me pro choice is if the fetus is viable or the one or the other can survive the pregnancy. And I say viable I mean if the fetus has no chance at a decent life. Being bind or deaf or missing a limb is not excuse. I also think a victim of rape should be allowed that option...but she needs to do it in the first few months. A fetus does not start feel pain or have consciousness till around 28 weeks. You do not wait till 6 months in and decide you do not want it. With medical assistance 6 months is viable. Then again most woman and most doctors would not consider a late term abortion other than serious medical reason.
Well, I hope they wouldn't. But it is more about what we value as a nation to me, and it is disturbing that there is a whole faction who believes this is good and right if you want to do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟455,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He is explicitly referring to a non-viable infant. That means one for whom additional care is futile, and just increases suffering.
Not by the wording, he isn't. It is not limited in that way. Nor is the legislation limited in that way that Harris co-sponsored.

Upvote 0