Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,438.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Article quotes Virginia’s Democratic Governor Ralph Northam as stating that an unwanted child that has already been delivered should be cared for only “if that’s what the mother and family desired.”

Heritage Denounces Virginia’s Horrifying Late-Term Abortion Proposal | myHeritage

Article quotes Gov. Ralph Northam "will push for the Democratic-controlled General Assembly to legalize recreational marijuana during the upcoming legislative session, which would make it the first state in the South to do so."

Gov. Ralph Northam to push for marijuana legalization during upcoming General Assembly session

Pretty soon, with all his restrictions, that will be all there will be to do... Stay at home and smoke dope!

Virginia's new COVID restrictions started Monday: 4k people OK at amusement parks; 25 limit for groups - here’s what they are.

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Article quotes Virginia’s Democratic Governor Ralph Northam as stating that an unwanted child that has already been delivered should be cared for only “if that’s what the mother and family desired.”

Heritage Denounces Virginia’s Horrifying Late-Term Abortion Proposal | myHeritage

Article quotes Gov. Ralph Northam "will push for the Democratic-controlled General Assembly to legalize recreational marijuana during the upcoming legislative session, which would make it the first state in the South to do so."

Gov. Ralph Northam to push for marijuana legalization during upcoming General Assembly session

Pretty soon, with all his restrictions, that will be all there will be to do... Stay at home and smoke dope!

Virginia's new COVID restrictions started Monday: 4k people OK at amusement parks; 25 limit for groups - here’s what they are.

This year has definitely shown us who is with us and who is fighting against us. I've never in my life seen so many people come out openly and denounce God and righteousness either verbally or with their actions.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ever notice how in articles like the one in the OP they never seem to use the entire quote of the person they're talking about? Or even post a link for people to be able to see it for themselves? Just for a slightly more...honest view of the subject under discussion:
Meme Misquotes Virginia Governor on Abortion Bill - FactCheck.org
“When we talk about third trimester abortions … it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that is non-viable,” Northam said. “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”
Agree or disagree with him you should at least be honest and fair when you quote him.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ever notice how in articles like the one in the OP they never seem to use the entire quote of the person they're talking about? Or even post a link for people to be able to see it for themselves? Just for a slightly more...honest view of the subject under discussion:

Agree or disagree with him you should at least be honest and fair when you quote him.
tulc(just a thought)

It was an interview (leftwing) with Northam, and I actually heard the whole thing.

He was discussing a child born alive after a failed abortion attempt, and how providing life saving care or denying it, was a private decision between the physician and the mother...

He spoke quite casually about infanticide, which is actually illegal because lifesaving care is legally required at that point. It should make any sane person sick.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

tulc(just a thought)

The full quote is more demonic than the excerpt.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was an interview (leftwing) with Northam, and I actually heard the whole thing.

He was discussing a child born alive after a failed abortion attempt, and how providing life saving care or denying it, was a private decision between the physician and the mother...

He spoke quite casually about infanticide, which is actually illegal because lifesaving care is legally required at that point. It should make any sane person sick.
I understand that, my point wasn't "is he right or wrong?" my point was "did they give the context and supply a link to the interview so people could see for themselves what he said?". I tend to find having all the facts is better than cherry picking portions of something that's said. :wave:
tulc(is a big fan of context and facts)

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand that, my point wasn't "is he right or wrong?" my point was "did they give the context and supply a link to the interview so people could see for themselves what he said?". I tend to find having all the facts is better than cherry picking portions of something that's said. :wave:
tulc(is a big fan of context and facts)

Come on now. Cherry picking is what we All do. As in you included, would you not agree?

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But more honest than the link in the OP was.
tulc(which was his point)

The OP was not intending what you are implying, and should be commended by you for charitably blunting the deeper evil revealed in the full quote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Deliver baby not alive--> Resuscitate baby--> Kill baby.

What a mockery of Life. Kyrie eleison

64516F6F-A746-4D19-87A1-CA9E94F1BFC5.jpeg

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP was not intending what you are implying,
Uhmm...than why not supply a link to the source of the quote rather than just posting a snippet of it?

and should be commended by you for charitably blunting the deeper evil revealed in the full quote.
I tend to not be impressed by people who try to decide what everyone should or shouldn't see about a subject. Usually it ends up they aren't telling the whole truth about something. :sigh:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tulk would not cherry pick anymore than I would never be sarcastic.
Well, we all tend to fail some times, but on the whole I really do try and supply as much information as I can when I bring something up. I've seen way too many "LOOK HOW BAD THEY ARE!!" threads to not at least try and avoid those sorts of things. And yes, I'm aware I can be...annoying sometimes (okay, okay...LOTS of times) about this sort of thing but my goal is still that there be enough information on something so people can have an informed idea on a subject.
tulc(likes links and information)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, we all tend to fail some times, but on the whole I really do try and supply as much information as I can when I bring something up. I've seen way too many "LOOK HOW BAD THEY ARE!!" threads to not at least try and avoid those sorts of things. And yes, I'm aware I can be...annoying sometimes (okay, okay...LOTS of times) about this sort of thing but my goal is still that there be enough information on something so people can have an informed idea on a subject.

The problem, FWIW, complete biase.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm guilty. I'm as flawed (probably more) as everyone else.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟450,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

tulc(just a thought)
So should you: (Listen to his exact words in the link)

"In an interview with WTOP the day after that hearing, Northam was asked to explain Tran’s comment and his own support for the bill. Here’s what he said in his exact words:

When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician — more than one physician, by the way — and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.
In this particular example,
If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."

So...there "may be" severe deformities and the parents don't want the baby. Or, the obvious corollary that is permissible here: There may NOT be deformities or lack of viability.

Upvote 0