Status
Not open for further replies.
John 21:21-25

21. Peter therefore seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22. Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou me.

Christians are to be about spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the province of the Holy Spirit to keep Christians “on task” making sure that they do all they can do in their chosen ministries and capacity.

It is the will of Christ that his disciples should mind their own duty, and not be curious about future events, either as to themselves or others. Many things we are apt to be anxious about, which are nothing to us. Other people's affairs are nothing to us, to intermeddle in; we must quietly work, and mind our own business. Many curious questions are put about the counsels of God, and the state of the unseen world, as to which we may say, What is this to us? And if we attend to the duty of following Christ, we shall find neither heart nor time to meddle with that which does not belong to us. How little are any unwritten traditions to be relied upon! Let the Scripture be its own interpreter, and explain itself; as it is, in a great measure, its own evidence, and proves itself, for it is light. See the easy setting right such mistakes by the word of Christ. Scripture language is the safest channel for Scripture truth; the words which the Holy Ghost teaches, 1 Cor. ii. 13. Those who cannot agree in the same terms of art, and the application of them, may yet agree in the same Scripture terms, and to love one another.
:angel:

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Christians are to be about spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This may have nothing to do with your post. But I have problems with the concept that a missionary is to stay focused like that. When I go to the Philippines or Hong Kong, I go for three reasons, business, to have a vaccation (to enjoy myself) and to do missionary work. Manybe not in that order. But I hear that if you want to do missionary work, you have to stay focued on that and not do anything else. You can not look to the left or the right, but you have to be about the father's business.

Perhaps I am better suited to be a business man, who helps raise the funds for missionarys to do their work. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

heather

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟15,185.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
I agree, that the focus should be God, his Word, and the Holy Spirit, but at the same time the word says that we should have fellowship with other Christians, and be about God's work on earth which is spreading love. So, maybe prayerfully, there are things that we need to be doing. I say this for me because it is easy for me to just pull within. Also, my pastor says that we must take steps in faith, and we learn from our mistakes, so sometimes someone may do something that is wrong, but it may help them in the future. Does this make sense?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.