• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Our role protecting children

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lambofgod43985889, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+313
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    What is the duty of us as christians to battle pedophilia, to pray only?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,105
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    And to report it, if we know that it is happening (if only for the sake of the victims). It can kill or injure some children, besides emotionally.

3. lambofgod43985889

+313
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Is it your church active in jails and hospitals? It could happen something similar, active protecting children from abuse, but it's complicated

4. Sabertooth

+4,105
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    No. I am a caregiver for my adult daughter and, to a lesser extent, my wife.

Does that have any bearing on speaking up for the innocent?

5. lambofgod43985889

+313
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private

6. Sabertooth

+4,105
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Social services aren't always right, but they are always right when it comes to actual sexual abuse.

7. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Well-Known Member Angels Team Supporter

+1,320
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Please report it. In this case praying is not enough to save the victim.

8. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+4,032
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Reporting it may not be enough...

9. lambofgod43985889

+313
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    When the sin is done you mean...
    I understand that

10. lambofgod43985889

+313
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Church cannot control abuses

11. lambofgod43985889

+313
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    What would be your plan

12. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+14,567
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Not just reporting, but also building church practices which create a culture of safety.

For example, having as a church policy that no adult will ever be alone with a child (other than their own child) on church property or at church events.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Carl Emerson

+4,032
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    For a committed believer - accountability and rehabilitation, but this needs serious wisdom and is not easy to achieve.

The knee jerk is to crucify the offender - as if we are dealing with the unforgivable sin.

Sadly however few churches are equipped to deal with this sickness - and secular agencies have little success either.

I think an extended time (years) in a remote adult community of believers set up for the purpose is needed.

14. lambofgod43985889

+313
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    A good start

15. lambofgod43985889

+313
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    so we cannot know anything

16. Carl Emerson

+4,032
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Eh... What do you mean???

17. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,746
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Those who have sex with Children are to be put to death.

Ephesians 6:1-3
    Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”

This teaches us that the lives of one children's are in the hands of the parents. Most parents would have molesters torn limb from limb from member. But I will compromise and just say "death" as a compromise. Tho death by drowning is the correct response to molesters.

Matthew 18:2-6
    And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

1 Timothy 5:8
    But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Matthew 7:12
    “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Pedophiles should be put to death. That is the punishment I would declare for myself. I would even suggest the millstone for myself.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Sabertooth

+4,105
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    That is fair (and precedented) from a judicial standpoint, but convicts on death row usually get an opportunity to get saved before they are executed.

19. Sabertooth

+4,105
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    That is a strange verse to use in support of capital punishment for pedophilia... [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,746
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, it is. But it demonstrates that the parents view counts over the child view. Or said another way, the children have no option to participate as the sex offenders might protest. It's not up to the children to participate in sex or not. It's up to the parents to decide the rights of children.

Or, expanded, its up to the collective adults to decide the sex lives of all children, both theirs and others children. So "Millstone" for offenders is OK by me. But I will compromise and go with "death" sentence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.