Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If this is the wrong section to post this in I apologize, and ask that it be moved to the right section within the Writer's Guild sub-forum. Awhile ago, I started a roleplaying contest, where I made a new friend that goes by the mantle, Brotherly Spirit. That contest officially was finished today with him as the victor. We decided to work together to revive Roleplaying on this Forum, seeing as it was pretty much dead at the time, starting with my Contest, and eventually moving forward to make this a thriving roleplaying forum once again.

The reason I post this here is to find people who would like to join us, and to ask the opinions of anyone interested in roleplaying in the writer's guild, of what kind of roleplaying you would like to participate in.

So is there any among you who would like to role play with us, and if so, what kind of genres would you prefer to participate in? Rom-com, Superheroes, Fantasy, or something else?

Brotherly Spirit

Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As Coleton said, we're searching for additional members to join us. It was thought some of y'all would be interested as you like writing stories, creating a world of characters. Role-playing online is similar as new worlds can be created and filled with characters. We're here checking to find if any of you have ideas or wanted to participate.

If you have ideas or questions feel welcomed to post. :)

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Short ones to finish. I like mutant type with God involved. :)

Sounds interesting, by mutant do you mean demon? Basically a person gets possessed having a physical transformation or supernatural abilities.

Ever watched the show Charmed? It seems like a show you would like, broadly supernatural from having witches and warlocks to demons and angels etc. In the beginning it's more about witches and warlocks, then it gets more broadly into the supernatural world.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like charmed! I haven't seen it in forever. But I tend to steer away from demon possession type things except if I am reading ted dekker. Maybe like marvel or dc type, X-Men. I took a break from rpg writing, but found a site I like. I tend to get stuck in how to get characters out of the pit. I think that is what it means to grow in writing though. Like anything else, I want my writing to glorify God even if special abilities, which can also be a symbol of what it is like having the Holy Spirit move in our lives.

Read any frank Perreti or ted dekker? That is what I mean in having like an underlying message in it. I also like to write for fun though. That would be things like charmed and avengers and what not. Geeking out

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like charmed! I haven't seen it in forever. But I tend to steer away from demon possession type things except if I am reading ted dekker. Maybe like marvel or dc type, X-Men. I took a break from rpg writing, but found a site I like. I tend to get stuck in how to get characters out of the pit. I think that is what it means to grow in writing though. Like anything else, I want my writing to glorify God even if special abilities, which can also be a symbol of what it is like having the Holy Spirit move in our lives.

Read any frank Perreti or ted dekker? That is what I mean in having like an underlying message in it. I also like to write for fun though. That would be things like charmed and avengers and what not. Geeking out

No, I haven't read books of those authors. Googling both they seem to have interesting books involving God and the supernatural. Think I understand what you mean, you prefer supernatural characteristics but it's about God and how it meaningfully relates to him. Also having characters who're struggling with supernatural abilities versus only being possessed and controlled supernaturally.

Both the characters and the story are difficult. I know how you feel, when I go to post when role-playing I usually sit there brainstorming. A huge part of it is trying to forward the story and your character consistently and interestingly. Lesson I've learned from role-playing here is don't get ahead of yourself and let it play out as more is posted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People roleplay on here? Oh man, that's one of my big hobbies. I especially love X-Men-esque type stuff where people have powers and pretty much anything in historical settings.

We were role-playing but I think Coleton has been too busy. Something great to have as a hobby, but it does require much time for creative thinking. That said it's worth the time if you explore ideas and aren't afraid to wait seeing where it leads. Not much role-playing experience to have a favorite genre or any preference. If I had to choose a genre to role-play only, it would be adventure of the unknown. I like learning about things I don't know and having that mystery be revealed in exploration. I guess that's somewhat two genres, whatever. lol

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
We were role-playing but I think Coleton has been too busy. Something great to have as a hobby, but it does require much time for creative thinking. That said it's worth the time if you explore ideas and aren't afraid to wait seeing where it leads. Not much role-playing experience to have a favorite genre or any preference. If I had to choose a genre to role-play only, it would be adventure of the unknown. I like learning about things I don't know and having that mystery be revealed in exploration. I guess that's somewhat two genres, whatever. lol

I consider it a form of collaborative story-telling more than anything. Being somewhat of a writer myself that aspect of it definitely appeals to me. I love world-building and creating characters to throw into said world. It's the perfect creative outlet for me since I'm hopeless at visual art.

Upvote 0