United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Laura Huhtasaari hailed Trump’s efforts to ‘build peace in the world.’

President Trump has picked up another nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize, after a Finnish member of the European Parliament (MEP) called for the American president to receive the honor.

Laura Huhtasaari, an MEP and a member of the right-wing Finns Party, wrote to the Nobel Committee to nominate Trump for the 2021 prize “in recognition of his endeavors to end the era of endless wars, construct peace by encouraging conflicting parties for dialogue and negotiations, as well as underpin internal cohesion and stability of his country.”
I could see perhaps one nomination, but four? From four different sources?

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

President Trump has picked up another nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize, after a Finnish member of the European Parliament (MEP) called for the American president to receive the honor.

Laura Huhtasaari, an MEP and a member of the right-wing Finns Party, wrote to the Nobel Committee to nominate Trump for the 2021 prize “in recognition of his endeavors to end the era of endless wars, construct peace by encouraging conflicting parties for dialogue and negotiations, as well as underpin internal cohesion and stability of his country.”
I predict Biden for the Peace Prize in 2021. Why? Same reason Obama got it. What reason was that? I have no idea.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Laura Huhtasaari, an MEP and a member of the right-wing Finns Party, wrote to the Nobel Committee to nominate Trump for the 2021 prize

...and in 50 years we can know for sure if she actually did this or just claimed she did. :wave:
tulc(is just sayn')

The news is reporting about something she WROTE.

just saying

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The news is reporting about something she WROTE.

just saying
...and the Nobel committee rules are they can't confirm or deny that someone was nominated till 50 years elapse. So, while there's a good chance she did it, it's also possible she didn't and who's going to check in 50 years to find out the truth?
tulc(just something to remember)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...and the Nobel committee rules are they can't confirm or deny that someone was nominated till 50 years elapse. So, while there's a good chance she did it, it's also possible she didn't and who's going to check in 50 years to find out the truth?
tulc(just something to remember)

WOW! is it so very difficult to reconcile that there are folks in the international community who are applauding the historic peace deals our President has been brokering?

Really? It is being reported in Europe and the US as happening. The author herself is saying she nominated the President. Has bias risen to such a height that the woman's own words are questioned?

also just something to remember.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
European MPs call on EU to nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Three members of the European Parliament on Thursday submitted a resolution to call on the E.U. to nominate President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize -- the latest in a growing effort to nominate the president for the prestigious award.

“Most of my fellow Euro-parliamentarians will regard such a suggestion as a provocation,” said Rob Roos, a Dutch member of the parliament. “They believe that they embody the good and that Trump embodies evil. But a closer look at Trump’s actual record can only lead to the conclusion that he has devoted his presidency to world peace, and with considerable success."​

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"the historic peace deals our President has been brokering"? I have to admit...I'm at something of a loss knowing how a guy who can't make it through a day without sticking his foot in his mouth would have been able to "broker a peace" anything. And when would he have had any time for doing it? No, I suspect this all happened in spite of him and only because he didn't get involved at all in any of the dealings except for pulling his usual plan, which is "Let others do the work, than take the credit if it works or point fingers and blame everyone else if it failed." Pretty standard President Trump policy.
giphy.gif

but he does love to take the credit.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"the historic peace deals our President has been brokering"? I have to admit...I'm at something of a loss knowing how a guy who can't make it through a day without sticking his foot in his mouth would have been able to "broker a peace" anything. And when would he have had any time for doing it? No, I suspect this all happened in spite of him and only because he didn't get involved at all in any of the dealings except for pulling his usual plan, which is "Let others do the work, than take the credit if it works or point fingers and blame everyone else if it failed." Pretty standard President Trump policy.
but he does love to take the credit.
tulc(just a thought)

Except in this case others, who do not have political motivations to cast our President in the worst possible light are touting his accomplishments.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Except in this case others, who do not have political motivations to cast our President in the worst possible light are touting his accomplishments.
You can fool some of the people all of the time...and all of the people some of the time...but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

I guess they are in one of the first two categories.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can fool some of the people all of the time...and all of the people some of the time...but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

I guess they are in one of the first two categories.

Perhaps it might not be them.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Quote:
President Donald Trump has been nominated a third time for the Nobel Peace Prize, this time by a group of Australian lawyers who praised his role in brokering a peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

“What he has done with the Trump Doctrine is that he has decided he would no longer have America involved in endless wars, wars which achieve nothing but the killing of thousands of young Americans and enormous debts imposed on America," Australian legal scholar David Flint told Sky News Australia on Sunday.​

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...so politicians in other countries do things because they don't have an agenda? Or you simply don't know what that agenda is?
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...so politicians in other countries do things because they don't have an agenda? Or you simply don't know what that agenda is?
tulc(is just curious)

Or, perhaps the President is doing good and there are people recognizing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I'm quite proud of him, but of course, all the naysayers will come up with every possible excuse to downplay and mock it.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0