Our next President?

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Anti-" Christ means "In Place of " Messiah. I'm not looking for the "beast" to be exceptionally flawed or evil. What creates the "antichrist" is actually the people who vote for him, who are expecting an ungodly man to save them IN PLACE OF Messiah. The scriptures say that the Devil is the one who gives power to the beast; and it describes the Devil as having essentially the same form as the beast. He will be a man after the people's own heart; and because the people are evil (shaped like the Devil in their spirits), the beast has the same form.

I don't think Mr. Obama is so evil, that he has to be the beast. Neither do I believe he is so good that he cannot be. I do know that the American people are drifting farther and farther from the God of the Bible; and that we are actually behind the Europeans and Canadians in this. A godless people worships their own mortal, human power -- their own private "beast" -- as a god.

The Bible says all the people of this world will worship the beast, and follow after him. He will be popular. "He" could also be a "she", of course. The saving virtue of Mr. Obama is that he's something of a nincompoop, with no real ideas of his own. This makes him relatively ineffective and harmless. I believe "the beast" will be far more effective, and that people will praise and worship him because of it.

They are already praising and worshipping him. He's a nincompoop because Satan hasn't inhabited him, believe it or not. So...not saying I think he definitely is. I just don't know how much more evil one needs to get than Obama to become the AC. I also don't think the AC will have any real ideas of his own. He will just be about control.

Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Personally I think Elizabeth Warren would be the dream candidate

but I don't think she would run.

No offense, but you too, may be watching too much MSNBC. Didn't she lie about being a Native American and isn't she a bleeding heart liberal?

That aside, I don't want a female president. They're too emotional, even Hilary ("Who the blank cares at this stage?...). She's a communist anyway and she is lying about Benghazi. Even more than Hilary ("Who the blank cares at this stage?...). I couldn't stand Elizabeth Warren as president. She appears flighty. She may not be, but she just looks goofy to me.

Reactions: I Eat Pie
Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
tim-geithner-ben-monkey%252520see%252520monkey%252520do%252520dojpg_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Hillary was Obama's fall guy in Benghazi; and Obama has been nothing but a puppet of the banking industry.

Obama-puppet.jpg

It's hard to get emotional about a puppet.​

Amen.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are already praising and worshipping him. He's a nincompoop because Satan hasn't inhabited him, believe it or not. So...not saying I think he definitely is. I just don't know how much more evil one needs to get than Obama to become the AC. I also don't think the AC will have any real ideas of his own. He will just be about control.
Hi, Psalm.

Unfortunately, we have seen leaders far more evil than Obama. When I think of how evil Hitler was, I shudder to think that the one to come will be more dangerous (not evil -- that's a hard one to call) than he was.

I believe the archetype of "Antichrist", if indeed that's the name we should call the beast, was Antiochus Epiphanes. In Jewish eyes, Antiochus (whom they call "Epimanes", or "Madman") was more evil in what he did, than even Hitler. Hitler tried to exterminate the Jewish people; Antiochus tried to force the Jewish people to abandon their religion and their God.

Antiochus is the one who set up the "Abomination that maketh desolate", that Jesus referred to in Matthew 24:

the-disecration-of-the-temple.jpg

THE DESECRATION OF THE TEMPLE BY ANTIOCHUS IV EPIPHANES
-- The Abomination that Causes Desolation « leave the cult

That abomination was apparently a statue of Zeus. The reference I gave, which speaks of the prophecy already having been fulfilled, ignores the fact that Jesus spoke of it as happening in the last days. In other words, what Antiochus did was merely a TYPE of what is to come.

I don't know what form the Antichrist religion will take in the last days, or what form the abomination will take, what idol standing in the place where it ought not be.

180px-Charles_Darwin_statue%2C_Natural_History_Museum%2C_London_-_DSCF0388.JPG

What any idol does, is put the handiwork of man in the place of God, and deny the power and authority of the Creator. We certainly have plenty of that going around. And if anyone wonders what the "beast" smells like, they might take a whiff about themselves before they take a shower.

Obama could be the beast, but I don't think he is.

Shalom shalom :wave:

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No offense, but you too, may be watching too much MSNBC. Didn't she lie about being a Native American and isn't she a bleeding heart liberal?

That aside, I don't want a female president. They're too emotional, even Hilary ("Who the blank cares at this stage?...). She's a communist anyway and she is lying about Benghazi. Even more than Hilary ("Who the blank cares at this stage?...). I couldn't stand Elizabeth Warren as president. She appears flighty. She may not be, but she just looks goofy to me.
Really? Basing the abilities of a president on how they "look", and in the same posting accusing women of being "too emotional". LOL. The ironies.

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Have you ever seen John Boehner cry? Do you believe he is too emotional to be second in line to be President? Do we need such an emotional train wreck leading The House?

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you ever seen John Boehner cry? Do you believe he is too emotional to be second in line to be President? Do we need such an emotional train wreck leading The House?
Nay! Strength of character is what we need! A man of steel!

TYRANT-1-STALIN-300x300.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

She either has native ancestors, or believed she did according to her own family stories. A lot of people have family stories of native ancestors, but not all these stories are substantiated. It's unclear to me whether anyone has actually done genetic or genealogical research to confirm or deny those stories.

I couldn't stand Elizabeth Warren as president. She appears flighty. She may not be, but she just looks goofy to me.

She was a Harvard law professor, you don't get there by being "flighty" and "goofy". She is well-spoken, stands up for the working and middle class, and consumers in general, against moneyed interests, wants to regulate the financial system (which desperately needs it unless you really *like* banking/financial crises) and call out false rhetoric by having the facts while remaining calm. She's an old-style reformer in a country that desperately needs it.

And John Bohner looks "goofy" but no one suggests he makes a bad speaker on account of "looking goofy." It's more about what he does.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟106,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They don'tn require a membership fee to vote for them. You could vote Republican in the primaries and if none of the good candidates get it as is usually the case, then vote for whoever in the other parties you like best.

Oh well that's good to know. If the upcoming Republican candidates aren't any good then I will vote Constitution Party most likely.

tim-geithner-ben-monkey%252520see%252520monkey%252520do%252520dojpg_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Hillary was Obama's fall guy in Benghazi; and Obama has been nothing but a puppet of the banking industry.

Obama-puppet.jpg

It's hard to get emotional about a puppet.

Not to mention the fact that he's pretty much owned by the abortion lobby.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh well that's good to know. If the upcoming Republican candidates aren't any good then I will vote Constitution Party most likely.

Not to mention the fact that he's pretty much owned by the abortion lobby.
I don't think the abortion lobby was in the same league as the banking industry; and in all fairness, the bankers switched once Romney got nominated, and backed the Republicans. The deficit was made up for by the U of Calif, Microsoft, Google, the US Govt and Harvard U. I don't have figures for 2008; but as I recall, George Soros and most of the world's richest people backed him then -- besides numersous illegal contributions from overseas, especially Arab countries (from places like "Ramallah, PA -- which doesn't mean Pennsylvania)

Here are the final 2012 figures:

Barack Obama (D)
1 University of California $1,212,245
2 Microsoft Corp $814,645
3 Google Inc $801,770
4 US Government $728,647
5 Harvard University $668,368

Mitt Romney (R)
1 Goldman Sachs $1,033,204
2 Bank of America $1,013,402
3 Morgan Stanley $911,305
4 JPMorgan Chase & Co $834,096
5 Wells Fargo $677,076

By sector, Obama got:

Agribusiness............................ $2,067,055
Communications/ Electronics...... $20,723,578
Construction........................... $4,172,690
Defense................................. $1,141,130
Energy & Natural Resources....... $2,410,062
Finance, Insurance & Real Estate $20,431,321
Health.................................... $18,914,849
Lawyers & Lobbyists................. $27,959,192
Transportation......................... $1,378,606
Misc Business.......................... $22,598,697
Labor..................................... $494,094
Ideological/ Single-Issue........... $17,276,836
Other..................................... $91,795,660

Romney got more from the Finance sector, but less from Lawyers, Ideological Single-Issue, etc.

I don't believe any of the above includes PAC money, which was an enormous sum in both parties

SRC: 2012 Presidential Race | OpenSecrets

The bottom line is that no matter who wins, from no matter from what party, he or she will owe their souls to Big Money.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟106,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think the abortion lobby was in the same league as the banking industry; and in all fairness, the bankers switched once Romney got nominated, and backed the Republicans. The deficit was made up for by the U of Calif, Microsoft, Google, the US Govt and Harvard U. I don't have figures for 2008; but as I recall, George Soros and most of the world's richest people backed him then -- besides numersous illegal contributions from overseas, especially Arab countries (from places like "Ramallah, PA -- which doesn't mean Pennsylvania)

Here are the final 2012 figures:

Barack Obama (D)
1 University of California $1,212,245
2 Microsoft Corp $814,645
3 Google Inc $801,770
4 US Government $728,647
5 Harvard University $668,368

Mitt Romney (R)
1 Goldman Sachs $1,033,204
2 Bank of America $1,013,402
3 Morgan Stanley $911,305
4 JPMorgan Chase & Co $834,096
5 Wells Fargo $677,076

By sector, Obama got:

Agribusiness............................ $2,067,055
Communications/ Electronics...... $20,723,578
Construction........................... $4,172,690
Defense................................. $1,141,130
Energy & Natural Resources....... $2,410,062
Finance, Insurance & Real Estate $20,431,321
Health.................................... $18,914,849
Lawyers & Lobbyists................. $27,959,192
Transportation......................... $1,378,606
Misc Business.......................... $22,598,697
Labor..................................... $494,094
Ideological/ Single-Issue........... $17,276,836
Other..................................... $91,795,660

Romney got more from the Finance sector, but less from Lawyers, Ideological Single-Issue, etc.

I don't believe any of the above includes PAC money, which was an enormous sum in both parties

SRC: 2012 Presidential Race | OpenSecrets

The bottom line is that no matter who wins, from no matter from what party, he or she will owe their souls to Big Money.

Well, I wasn't saying that the banking industry is owned by the abortion lobby. I was saying that Barack Obama is owned by the abortion lobby.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She either has native ancestors, or believed she did according to her own family stories. A lot of people have family stories of native ancestors, but not all these stories are substantiated. It's unclear to me whether anyone has actually done genetic or genealogical research to confirm or deny those stories.

She was a Harvard law professor, you don't get there by being "flighty" and "goofy". She is well-spoken, stands up for the working and middle class, and consumers in general, against moneyed interests, wants to regulate the financial system (which desperately needs it unless you really *like* banking/financial crises) and call out false rhetoric by having the facts while remaining calm. She's an old-style reformer in a country that desperately needs it.

And John Bohner looks "goofy" but no one suggests he makes a bad speaker on account of "looking goofy." It's more about what he does.

Well, if she's all these things and a bag of chips, why does she support Obama?:confused: I don't want a female president, ever. God did not make us to be the leaders. We are to be like Esther or Hannah, etc.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, if she's all these things and a bag of chips, why does she support Obama?:confused: I don't want a female president, ever. God did not make us to be the leaders. We are to be like Esther or Hannah, etc.
It's interesting, that you wrote this, being a woman. I don't think you're alone; I recall reading that women are more likely to vote for male candidates than men are.

The Bible has only one example I know of, where a woman took a leading role. That was Dvora, of Judges 4; and she took the lead only because Barak was too scared to. That was considered a shame to Israel, that the land couldn't produce men of sufficient courage to do what God had made them for.

I was raised in an egalitarian society, by a mother and three sisters; so the idea of men being inherently better leaders was not bred nor nurtured into me. I was surprised, therefore, to find out in high school that few women excelled in the "war game" of chess. Here, in fact, are the latest US rankings:

USCF Home arrow Players & Ratings arrow Top Player Lists

1 Nakamura, Hikaru (12641216) NY USA 2880
2 Kamsky, Gata (12528459) NY USA 2815
3 Gareev, Timur (13262157) CA USA 2768
4 Onischuk, Alexander (12625186) TX USA 2739
5 Robson, Ray (12847250) MO USA 2713
6 Ehlvest, Jaan (12514557) NY USA 2701
7 Akobian, Varuzhan (12740522) KS USA 2692
8 Erenburg, Sergey (13674544) VA USA 2691
9 Ramirez, Alejandro (12688291) TX USA 2689
10 Shankland, Sam (12852765) CA USA 2685
11 Seirawan, Yasser (10509459) WA USA 2677
12 Christiansen, Larry M (10460921) MA USA 2668
13 Lenderman, Aleksandr (12787646) NY USA 2665
14 Stripunsky, Alexander (12715435) NJ USA 2651
15 Kaidanov, Gregory (12543746) KY USA 2649
16 Benjamin, Joel (10102511) NJ USA 2640
17 Hess, Robert L (12749774) NY USA 2633
18 Becerra, Julio J (12778049) FL USA 2630
19 Holt, Conrad (12937909) KS USA 2627
20 Shabalov, Alexander (12544264) PA USA 2625
21 Ivanov, Alexander (12513936) MA USA 2622
Ibragimov, Ildar (12576446) CT USA 2622
23 Alburt, Lev (12078790) NY USA 2617
24 Norowitz, Yaacov (12566496) NJ USA 2614
25 Arnold, Marc Tyler (12770589) NY USA 2609

-- https://www.uschess.org/component/option,com_top_players/Itemid,371?op=list&month=1307&f=usa&l=Top%20Overall&h=Overall

All men.

Chess is not a game of brawn; and a pregnant woman can play the game; so it has nothing to do with one's physique; yet men excel in the game, and always have. What chess requires is a sharp mind, a good balance of caution and aggressiveness, excellent concentration, good analytic (right brain) skills, and a reasonably good short-term memory -- all qualities that have proven, through history, to be advantageous to leaders who have them.

As for the role of women in society, I notice that male yDNA lines tend to be extinguished far more quickly than female mtDNA lines. This imbalance is almost certainly because men used to kill to the last man quite often when they conquered, and the women remained to carry on the culture. In that case, there was an advantage to the women of NOT being good fighters and good leaders.

None of this is PC, of course.

Shalom shalom :wave:

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not just Obama, happened with Bush too, question:
Not long after the start of the second term...
We see posts concerned with the next president?

Is this just curiosity or is it the hope that someone will change the problems we are facing and the current administration isn't doing the job? Loss of a hopeful outcome?

Upvote 0